Magical Mayhem - Completed

Florete

Some of you may remember me mentioning at the end of my Dawn Brigade Slaughterfest that a magic users run was coming. I wasn't lying. I've been playing it, and this is the official topic for it. The units I'll be using are:

Micaiah

Laura

Ilyana

Tormod

Elincia

Calill

Mist

Soren

Rhys

Sanaki

Pelleas

Bastian

I'm currently at 1-7, the one with Tormod. No Oliver for 2 reasons: 1) I already have a male Saint, and 2) male Saints suck as it is.

Ilyana is already promoted and equipped with Paragon and Discipline. She has been majorly RNG blessed, capping defense and strength before promotion as well as being good in everything else save Luck.

Tormod is...still at base level. Not much to say about him.

Micaiah is at level 20. Her stats are above average.

Laura is level 10. I could promote her now and she'd be fine.

I auto-promoted Jill for what it's worth. I do my best to not use anyone but the mages, but extra help can be nice.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

No Oliver?

He should be on there before mist or Elincia. No offense to them, but he's more fitting for magic.

And for Mayhem for that matter.

Basically, I saw anyone who can't use Imbue or the magic cards as fair game. Oliver is needed the least and the worst of the lot anyway.

Some of you may remember me mentioning at the end of my Dawn Brigade Slaughterfest that a magic users run was coming. I wasn't lying. I've been playing it, and this is the official topic for it. The units I'll be using are:

Micaiah

Laura

Ilyana

Tormod

Elincia

Calill

Mist

Soren

Rhys

Sanaki

Pelleas

Bastian

I'm currently at 1-7, the one with Tormod. No Oliver for 2 reasons: 1) I already have a male Saint, and 2) male Saints suck as it is.

Ilyana is already promoted and equipped with Paragon and Discipline. She has been majorly RNG blessed, capping defense and strength before promotion as well as being good in everything else save Luck.

Tormod is...still at base level. Not much to say about him.

Micaiah is at level 20. Her stats are above average.

Laura is level 10. I could promote her now and she'd be fine.

I auto-promoted Jill for what it's worth. I do my best to not use anyone but the mages, but extra help can be nice.

I did the same thing a while ago, but this was my roster:

Micaiah

Laura

Ilyana

Tormod

b]Oliver[/b]

Calill

Mist

Soren

Rhys

Sanaki

Pelleas

Bastian

Well, the only difference is Oliver. He wasn't half bad and had better HP and defense than most of my other magic users. I also played on Normal. Also, abuse Laura as much as you can until Part 1 ends.

Basically, I saw anyone who can't use Imbue or the magic cards as fair game. Oliver is needed the least and the worst of the lot anyway.

Elincia can use Imbue and Magic Cards. Elincia + imbue + a support that ups her defense (Water, Thunder, Light) turns her into a freakishly overpowered tanking unit.

Granted, you could still consider her a magic unit if you relied on nothing BUT cards to attack with her. That could be interesting!

How are you going to do 3-1 with just Mist, Soren & Rhys? I could see 3-P being possible since you could just have the laguz kill everyone but 3-1 where you have to rout everyone in 12 turns or less, is that even possible with just those three?

Edited by KSFF2150

• 2 months later...

Well, I finally finished this run. Here are my records:

1. Ilyana - 214 kills(!)

2. Soren - 175

3/4. Micaiah/Mist - 162

5. Laura - 112 (lol 50 kill gap)

6. Rhys - 94

7. Tormod - 86

8. Calill - 80

9/10. Sanaki/Pelleas - 56

11. Bastian - 25

12. Oliver - 18

13. Leanne - 6

I wouldn't suggest anyone do this. I got very bored near the end of part 3, hence the reason it took so long to finish.

3-6, 3-12, and 3-13 were actually fairly easy with Micaiah and Laura dodging everything. Not as hard as expected. The rest of part 3 was fairly easy once Ilyana showed up. Part 4 was a cakewalk until endgame where things got rough, but it still took me only 5 turns to kill Ashera.

Next I'll either do my Mist Solo or my No Beorcs Allowed run. Probably the latter, as I've had it planned for longer.

I've done a magic playthrough on Easy mode before but Easy mode is pathetic D: Was fun to see Resolve Saint Laura kill about 25 enemies on 3-12 though.

I just wish Normal mode wasn't such a step-up in difficulty for Part 1... I might try it on there sometime though. Getting Tormod to Arch Sage in/after 4-4 will be annoying without BExp ruining his stats but there we go.

Good job on completing it btw.

Edited by Drayano

I just wish Normal mode wasn't such a step-up in difficulty for Part 1... I might try it on there sometime though. Getting Tormod to Arch Sage in/after 4-4 will be annoying without BExp ruining his stats but there we go.

Actually, after getting him to level 10 in part 1 and BEXPing him to 20, he capped all his second tier stats and I had a level 1 Archsage Tormod on 4-4. 'Twas amazing.

Really? Sigh, he would be really good if he just actually came in Part 3 instead of so late.

Though I don't know what they were smoking when they give him 55% Str but only 45% Mag. Pity there's no Magefighter class in this game because he would make a really good one.