The Edge of Dawn Appreciation And The Song Is Stuck In My Head Thread ***Maybe Spoilery***

XRay

While I absolutely love spoilers, most people hate it, so here is the obligatory spoiler warning. If you hate spoilers, you probably should not listen to The Edge of Dawn until you beat the game. But yeah, the song is so fucking good so hurry up and beat the game and listen to it! I think it plays at the credits once you beat the game. I think this belongs here instead of the Three Houses section since it is just me telling y'all how sick and amazing the song is, but mods can move it to the Three Houses section if it is more appropriate.

Okay, back to the topic. This is like almost as bad as "Sakura" by Ikimono Gakari, and that song was stuck in my head for like months. Anyways, I get the feeling that the new song from Three Houses might be getting stuck in my head for a while, although maybe not as long as months.

So, YEAH!!! I LOVE the instrumental portion of the song right after the introductory lyrics. That is the part that is stuck in my head. It sounds modern, it sounds K-Poppy, and it sounds so snappy. I can like totally dance to it, and I do not even enjoy dancing. The beat is like so damn sick and I do not really know how else to describe it besides it is awesome.

I am like, oh my Naga right now. This song is growing on me so fast that I am not sure if The Heritors of Arcadia will remain my top Fire Emblem song.

So yeah, like totally show your appreciation for the Ephraimly disgustingly awesome song below!

AND I LOVE YOU EDELGARD!!! Once I get a Switch you will not lonely anymore. I am like weabooing so hard right now.

Actually just finished listening to it, then this thread pops up.

As someone who hasn't beat the game yet, I can just listen to the melody and absorb the lyrics without having to contemplate any deeper meaning within. 

Once I hear it in the credits it'll probably make me sob like a baby though.

I wasn't sure about the more modern direction the music in Three Houses was taking, but this song and the song that plays during Paralogue battles have changed my mind.

The vocals are absolutely beautiful in this one, and the very beginning is just so sweet I just immediately stop what I'm doing and listen.

Topping Heritors of Arcadia is a tough call, but this is definitely doing a decent job at it.

30 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

I wasn't sure about the more modern direction the music in Three Houses was taking, but this song and the song that plays during Paralogue battles have changed my mind.

Yeah, the modern K-poppiness take totally blew my mind and I love it.

27 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

The vocals are absolutely beautiful in this one, and the very beginning is just so sweet I just immediately stop what I'm doing and listen.

At first when I heard the song, I was like the lyrics were good but the vocals are just meh, but as I listened to it more, the vocals grew on me more and more too.

My favorite part is still the instrumental though. That beat is just fucking awesome and ingenious.

31 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

Topping Heritors of Arcadia is a tough call, but this is definitely doing a decent job at it.

Yeah, it IS a tough call. Heritors of Arcadia is still my favorite right now, but I am not sure if it will last. I am so digging The Edge of Dawn currently, so once the puppy love phase passes, I think I will be able to better judge where it fits in my Fire Emblem top hits.

I prefer Lost in Thoughts All Alone, but this song was beautifully done as well. Do we know the singer?

Spoiler

My only complaint is that the song focuses on Edelgard without focusing Claude and Dimitri, who seem to get pretty much shafted in the song.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

I prefer Lost in Thoughts All Alone, but this song was beautifully done as well. Do we know the singer?

"It is sung by Caro in the Japanese version and Buttercup in the English version." From Fire Emblem Wiki.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:
Spoiler

My only complaint is that the song focuses on Edelgard without focusing Claude and Dimitri, who seem to get pretty much shafted in the song.

"The Edge of Dawn (Seasons of Warfare) (Japanese: フレスベルグの少女~風花雪月~ Girl of Hresvelg ~Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon~) is the name of the main theme of Fire Emblem: Three Houses." Same link as above.

The English title sounds more badass but is pretty vague. The Japanese title is unambiguous about the subject.

35 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I'd love to listen to it again, but Nintendo keeps removing videos with songs from Three Houses in it.

This one hasn't been taken down... yet. It's got lyrics as well, which is nice.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I'd love to listen to it again, but Nintendo keeps removing videos with songs from Three Houses in it.

2 hours ago, Anathaco said:

This one hasn't been taken down... yet. It's got lyrics as well, which is nice.

Just in case they take it down, you can find it on Soundcloud here.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, it has been awhile. I think The Heritors of Arcadia is still my favorite Fire Emblem song by just a tiny sliver, with The Edge of Dawn being my second favorite Fire Emblem song, making Lost in Thoughts All Alone my third favorite.