Does Edelgard change post timeskip? (spoiler of course)

Okigen

Hello, I've just finished Golden Deers and now considering which house to do next. I know Edelgard is the more "canon" path, but a bit reluctant to go that route because I feel she is a bit... bland (plus I'm not a big fan of GoT). Does she change post timeskip - like Dimitri? 

There is not set Canon path perse.

And don't need to worry; you'll get a lot of her in her route. She doesn't change that much compared with Dimitri but you can get to explore her character quite a lot.

Even if you don't ended up liking her I think you'll understand why many people does.

Edited by Troykv

I do think she changes a bit, but stays naive. Hubert will be the real hero of her story line, at least, if you like count Dracula that is. I felt the end was rushed. But the final battle is a thrill, but a bit to easy, even on hard.

She changes if you go against her (which you've already seen by going GD), if you go with her she stays sane and mostly acts like a good protagonist, so yeah, you could say a bit bland. You do get the chance to know her backstory/personality/motives though, so it's still a very interesting experience, but you surely don't get the flip that Dimitri has.

If you want to see characters go crazy do Blue Lions, it's definitely the path where both Dimitri and Edelgard change the most (and not for the better).

Of course she changes!  Have you seen her hair?! 😛

Silliness aside, Edelgard's motives are explored.  It should make the overall story more interesting.  The route I went felt rushed towards the end, and there's a chunk of things that weren't resolved fully, but eh.  I feel like you'll have to play all the routes to get the full story anyway.

23 minutes ago, timon said:

She changes if you go against her (which you've already seen by going GD), if you go with her she stays sane and mostly acts like a good protagonist, so yeah, you could say a bit bland. You do get the chance to know her backstory/personality/motives though, so it's still a very interesting experience, but you surely don't get the flip that Dimitri has.

If you want to see characters go crazy do Blue Lions, it's definitely the path where both Dimitri and Edelgard change the most (and not for the better).

Cool thank you. That seals the deal for me with Blue Lions then. I don't feel like Edelgard really changes in GD to be honest. I would probably find it more interesting if she goes mad for her ambition and pays for her deeds in the end but of course that will not happen for the protagonist. 

I mean, she doesn't change in the sense that she knows what her goal is from before the start of the story and it remains the same until the end. But does that make her bland? Absolutely not. In Crimson Flower you get to learn about the events in her past that lead to her doing what she does, witness how she takes power and charge which really sets her apart from other lords, and learn what her vision for Fódlan is and why she isn't simply a villain. 

Her route is the shortest and the ending is rushed but I enjoyed it a lot. It helps that the characters in BE have really good supports. I'm doing GD as my second run and their supports are a lot less impactful, for example. With BE you get a lot of world building through supports and really interesting character development. 

It's also fun using Edelgard's personal relic and skill post time skip, which basically is ultra Galeforce.