Farfetched Heroes 2019 Speculations

NSSKG151

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't spend any money, but I still have to be careful about other forms of investment, particularly time.

I expect Jill to be added in the next non-beast Tellius banner. It's been a while since the last one, but I don't think it'll be much longer. 

Not usually to the same extent. Gacha games use fleeting rewards to push you to play even when you aren't enjoying it, to shift your focus to the rewards rather than to the process of playing.

Who knows how long it will take for the next Tellius banner tho? I really don't want to wait another year or two for another Tellius banner only to be denied of Jill AGAIN! X(

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i suppose. I know that a lot of people here hate gatcha games. (I only play FEH because it's Fire Emblem if this was basically any other thing i probably wouldn't) I personally though feel that it's a game, and like anything it's sunk cost the moment you decide to install it, regardless if you pay or not. just like any other hobby and/or game - but it's an each their own thing guess. 

Some games ask for the full price up front, others don't. It can be complicated.

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Who knows how long it will take for the next Tellius banner tho? I really don't want to wait another year or two for another Tellius banner only to be denied of Jill AGAIN! X(

I expect it sometime within the next 8 months - sometime before the CYL4 banner. Probably earlier rather than later.

2019 had quite a range of "traditional" New Heroes banners (a larger number of them than 2018 had, in fact):

• FE2
  • FE3
  • FE5
  • FE6 x2
  • FE8
  • FE10 Laguz x2
  • Awakening kids
  • Fates beasts
  • Three Houses x2

The games that didn't get New Heroes banners in 2019 are FE4, FE7, and FE9. (And FE1, but Heroes doesn't seem to really count it as a separate game.) Those three games seem likely to be among the next ones they'll move onto - perhaps still FE10 rather than FE9, but either way giving more focus to beorc than the recent FE10 banners and therefore offering a way for Jill to get in. Meanwhile, the games that did get 2019 banners and seem likely for them to revisit soon are Awakening and Fates, as high-profile games that only had part of their cast in focus for their 2019 banners and therefore still have some noteworthy omissions like Anna and Rinkah. (Severa is noteworthy for potentially qualifying for the Awakening kids banner but not showing up, but my guess is that they'd rather give her the seasonal treatment like Inigo: unlike Owain, the two of them have normal ability sets much closer to their Fates versions.) Three Houses should also come into full swing at some point, probably with a set of house-specific banners, but we don't know how long that'll take.

In the pre-CYL3 stretch of 2019, we got 8 New Heroes banners: 7 traditional ones plus Fallen Heroes. Those numbers could vary a bit depending on the seasonals and if we get Fallen Heroes at all: 2018 didn't have the Onsen or Picnic banners but it did have the dancer banner earlier (and still had Fallen Heroes), so it had 9 total and 8 "normal" ones over that timeframe. Regardless, 7 proper banner slots is exactly enough for FE4/FE7/FE9/Awakening/Fates to each get one banner and for Three Houses to get two.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Some games ask for the full price up front, others don't. It can be complicated.

I expect it sometime within the next 8 months - sometime before the CYL4 banner. Probably earlier rather than later.

2019 had quite a range of "traditional" New Heroes banners (a larger number of them than 2018 had, in fact):

• FE2
  • FE3
  • FE5
  • FE6 x2
  • FE8
  • FE10 Laguz x2
  • Awakening kids
  • Fates beasts
  • Three Houses x2

The games that didn't get New Heroes banners in 2019 are FE4, FE7, and FE9. (And FE1, but Heroes doesn't seem to really count it as a separate game.) Those three games seem likely to be among the next ones they'll move onto - perhaps still FE10 rather than FE9, but either way giving more focus to beorc than the recent FE10 banners and therefore offering a way for Jill to get in. Meanwhile, the games that did get 2019 banners and seem likely for them to revisit soon are Awakening and Fates, as high-profile games that only had part of their cast in focus for their 2019 banners and therefore still have some noteworthy omissions like Anna and Rinkah. (Severa is noteworthy for potentially qualifying for the Awakening kids banner but not showing up, but my guess is that they'd rather give her the seasonal treatment like Inigo: unlike Owain, the two of them have normal ability sets much closer to their Fates versions.) Three Houses should also come into full swing at some point, probably with a set of house-specific banners, but we don't know how long that'll take.

In the pre-CYL3 stretch of 2019, we got 8 New Heroes banners: 7 traditional ones plus Fallen Heroes. Those numbers could vary a bit depending on the seasonals and if we get Fallen Heroes at all: 2018 didn't have the Onsen or Picnic banners but it did have the dancer banner earlier (and still had Fallen Heroes), so it had 9 total and 8 "normal" ones over that timeframe. Regardless, 7 proper banner slots is exactly enough for FE4/FE7/FE9/Awakening/Fates to each get one banner and for Three Houses to get two.

After how much Tellius was neglected in 2018 after the Micaiah banner, I've just grown very weary at this point as to whether or not we'll get a Tellius banner in 2020, and I really don't want to wait another year at this point. The only hope I have at this point before Three Houses dominates CYL4 is if the January banner is Tellius like it's always been.

17 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

After how much Tellius was neglected in 2018 after the Micaiah banner, I've just grown very weary at this point as to whether or not we'll get a Tellius banner in 2020, and I really don't want to wait another year at this point. The only hope I have at this point before Three Houses dominates CYL4 is if the January banner is Tellius like it's always been.

I do not think there is any possibility of 2020 not having any Tellius banner. Heroes always ebbs and flows, putting something off for a while and then bringing it in full swing, usually to the point where it gets accused of overdoing something it was accused of underdoing just months earlier. There was a time in 2017 when we went months without any new armors or dragons, and beasts were a distant fantasy.

As for CYL4, that always takes at least six months to actually affect any banners.

Just now, Othin said:

I do not think there is any possibility of 2020 not having any Tellius banner. Heroes always ebbs and flows, putting something off for a while and then bringing it in full swing, usually to the point where it gets accused of overdoing something it was accused of underdoing just months earlier. There was a time in 2017 when we went months without any new armors or dragons, and beasts were a distant fantasy.

As for CYL4, that always takes at least six months to actually affect any banners.

Either way, I'm just desperate at this point