Farfetched Heroes 2019 Speculations

NSSKG151

36 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

That actually sounds like a really fun idea. I would love that. Like just imagine the hilarity that would ensue for the forging bonds event. It would be awesome.

also are we sure that a character’s alt excludes them from far fetched heroes? Like is there an example of a character who is alt exclusive scoring high enough on CYL to warrant being a far fetched hero but didn’t? Just curious is all.

There's no definitive precedent, but I think the Catalogue of Heroes has a clue. Shigure and Sigrun have their seasonals listed before their regular versions rather than breaking from release order, which suggests they aren't drawing a distinction between "real" and "alternate" versions - they're all considered equally. In that framing, all that matters is that we already have a Louise, a Bruno, etc.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Dude I know how you feel. I hope it’s enough to get Severa even the slightest chance closer to getting in though I doubt it’s going to happen at any rate. *sigh* seeing so many people in this thread suggest she has a chance makes me slightly upset cause I know it’s not gonna happen and I don’t wanna get my hopes up just to be disappointed.

Severa is at least technically already in the game. Jill isn't in the game period.

@OthinThere's also the fact that Jill was mentioned in Haar's Closely Associated Characters section, despite not being in the game at that point. This later happened with Sothis, who was mentioned in Byleth's Closely Associated Characters section despite not being in, and then being added shortly after.

Edited by Gregster101

49 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Severa is at least technically already in the game. Jill isn't in the game period.

@OthinThere's also the fact that Jill was mentioned in Haar's Closely Associated Characters section, despite not being in the game at that point. This later happened with Sothis, who was mentioned in Byleth's Closely Associated Characters section despite not being in, and then being added shortly after.

Huh. I was going to bring up other examples like Eyvel, but it looks like those don't have their own section. Is Jill currently the only character who has their whole own entry in Closely Associated Characters without being in the game? If so, that seems significant, although I feel plenty good about her odds as things stand anyway.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh. I was going to bring up other examples like Eyvel, but it looks like those don't have their own section. Is Jill currently the only character who has their whole own entry in Closely Associated Characters without being in the game? If so, that seems significant, although I feel plenty good about her odds as things stand anyway.

Currently, there's also Kris, who's mentioned in Norne's Closely Associated Characters section. If Jill is added on the Farfetched banner, that probably would also mean Kris will be added sometime in the future too.

25 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I really hope they don't disqualify Louise because of her seasonal. On one hand, I would prefer her to come with Pent because it'd be strange to get them separately. But on the other hand...man I'd love to get Louise on this Farfetched banner.

I'd rather they just release Regular Louise later so they can add her with Pent. Not cuz of my Jill bias mind you, but also because it would just feel weird to add her regular version without Pent. They're so tied to each other, and if I'm gonna be honest, you really can't have one without the other.

We need to have an actual Blazing Blade banner anyway since Pent, Louise, Nils, and Rath are all high up.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Currently, there's also Kris, who's mentioned in Norne's Closely Associated Characters section. If Jill is added on the Farfetched banner, that probably would also mean Kris will be added sometime in the future too.

Interesting. Kris does seem noteworthy, but I'd think the recent FE3 banner would be the place for them. Maybe they'll get a seasonal?

On that note, I wonder if any upcoming seasonals will complicate the roster. Halloween Conrad or something.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. Kris does seem noteworthy, but I'd think the recent FE3 banner would be the place for them. Maybe they'll get a seasonal?

On that note, I wonder if any upcoming seasonals will complicate the roster. Halloween Conrad or something.

I'm not expecting another Archanea banner this year mind you. If we do get an Archanea banner next year though, I wouldn't be surprised if we get Kris

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

That’s fair but Selena just ain’t the same. Oh well I should just count my blessings I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm not expecting another Archanea banner this year mind you. If we do get an Archanea banner next year though, I wouldn't be surprised if we get Kris

That makes sense, yeah.

10 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

God I really hope Jill shows up on the Farfetched banner now. I'm losing more and more of my sanity the longer it takes for her to be added into Heroes X(

I know. I can't wait to see who they end up picking either. I really wish Farfetched is coming in October but we might end up having to wait until November for the banner.

9 hours ago, Hilda said:

The release of Thrasir as a Mythic hero doesnt tell us anything at all. Yilgr wasnt released as a Legendary Hero.

And I dont think that Brunos alt disqualifies him from Farfetched heroes. If Thrasir as a Mythic hero has shown us, that anything can happen if IS wants it to.

Clearly you are joking right? You can't really compare Yglr to Lif considering Yglr was a one note character no one liked or cared about which was why she was tossed onto a two unit banner with the other Book 2 character no one liked. Also unlike Yglr Lif (apparently) has fans and managed to score high on CYL along with Thrasir. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if IS decided to make Thrasir (and presumedly Lif) Mythics Heroes because they actually managed to score high because you know, why not put popular OC characters on the hardest banner to snipe characters on (Legendary/Mythic banners) in order to make them spend orbs/money.

5 hours ago, Ottservia said:

That actually sounds like a really fun idea. I would love that. Like just imagine the hilarity that would ensue for the forging bonds event. It would be awesome.

also are we sure that a character’s alt excludes them from far fetched heroes? Like is there an example of a character who is alt exclusive scoring high enough on CYL to warrant being a far fetched hero but didn’t? Just curious is all.

There's no hard definitive proof that characters with only seasonal alts can be on Farfetched banner or not. I am just merely making speculations based on what we do know and trying to figure out the logic they go through when decided who is eligible and who is not.

It's kind of hard to explain. We know they pick characters who ranked high on the poll but are not yet playable in Heroes. My logic is that because Bridal "Louise" is listed as coming from Blazing Sword and Spring "Bruno" is listed as coming from Heroes the characters people voted for are already playable in Heroes despite being seasonals because of the game they came from. Even on the Farfetched banner trailers they go out of their way to address which game the character on the banner came from. Which makes me think that Louise and Bruno will not be considered for Farfetched this year.

Last year Owain was able to be in Brave Redux despite Odin already being in the game because Owain from Awakening was a different option to vote for on CYL and he was from a different game than Odin from Fates. That's also why Anna and Severa have a chance to be picked for Farfetched because Severa from Awakening was a different votable option than Selena from Fates and it's the same with Anna from Awakening being a different votable option than Anna from Heroes, Fates, Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon/ Mystery of the Emblem.

Sorry if that all sounded confusing. But really we won't know for sure if being a seasonal unit excludes you from Farfetched until we see who is on this year's banner.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

I know. I can't wait to see who they end up picking either. I really wish Farfetched is coming in October but we might end up having to wait until November for the banner.

We did get Farfetched in October last year, albeit in the latter half of the month. Personally, I wouldn’t be shocked if Farfetched 3 is the next New Heroes banner though I’ve certainly been woefully wrong in the past.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

We did get Farfetched in October last year, albeit in the latter half of the month. Personally, I wouldn’t be shocked if Farfetched 3 is the next New Heroes banner though I’ve certainly been woefully wrong in the past.

I would like Farfetched to be in October since CYL come sooner than previous years but then that would mean we wouldn't get a story chapter next month (not that I particular care about Heroes' story). If Farfetched is October then Ch.12 and Ch.13 will both release in November (assuming they don't make up another pointless seasonal banner in November). I kind of don't see that scenario happening since it makes more sense for October to be a normal New Heroes banner bringing Ch.12 with it and November will have another New Heroes banner with Ch.13 and the other banner will be Farfetched Heroes. But who knows how they will actually go about it.

Though I do kind of have a theory in that assuming Awakening Anna is on the Farfetched banner I will know which month will have Farfetched Heroes when the monthly quests start saying 'Defeat foe with Anna: Commander' instead of 'Defeat foe with Anna'.

13 hours ago, Hilda said:

The release of Thrasir as a Mythic hero doesnt tell us anything at all. Yilgr wasnt released as a Legendary Hero.

The fact that you mentioned Ylgr at all means that you're assuming that we're arguing for Lif being a Mythic Hero on the argument that "one of the Book 3 original characters is a Mythic Hero; therefore, all of them will be", which is clearly a stupid argument. No one is arguing that. The reason why people argue that Lif is going to be a Mythic Hero is because he's a paired character with Thrasir. This situation is much more similar to that of the Muspell generals than to that of the Nifl siblings.

Thrasir being released as a Mythic Hero almost guarantees that Lif will also be released as a Mythic Hero, meaning his chance of being on the Farfetched Heroes banner this year is nearly zero.

All I'm seeing from your posts is that you want specific characters on this banner and consider any assumption that puts those characters on the banner to be more plausible than any assumption that doesn't.

Given that Book 3 is almost over, probably just two chapters left, I'm guessing we'll get chapters 12 and 13 in late October and early November, then Farfetched in late November, closer to the timing of the original Farfetched. Previous Farfetched banners were also between the books, so it fits.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, Etheus said:

Book 1 is the height. Bruno was starting a character arc and setting up mysteries. Veronica was a great villain and was starting an arc set up by actual FE characters (Xander and Seth). And then they just abandoned all of this to pursue Norse fanfiction and I can't even...

I would agree that the Book 1 Oc's were the best and that it was a good call to have established characters like Xander interact with them. 

But story wise Book 1 was by far the weakest and I'd generally take the Norse fanfic over that. Book 1 insisting on using cringy descriptions like ''world of blazing'' or ''world of conquest'' made it very apparent no actual story was taking place. The places Veronica took over weren't actual places. She didn't attack Archenea but ''the world of mystery'' 

For all its bare bones nature and even barer OC's niffle is at least an actual place that was actually invaded so theoretically there was at least something at stake. 

On the topic of heroes’s story. Honestly I’d argue that book II is worse than book I simply because of how much more high stakes it tried to be. Like book I may have been overly simple but at least it never really tried to be anything more than what it was(at least not until the end). It was just your run of the mill episodic beat the evil little girl with loneliness issues plot. It’s certainly an overused and simple plot but it works for what it was which is fine. Then book II comes along and now we have all these characters and plot threads with a huge new big bad that all need the proper development and screen time and it’s all just one big mess. Honestly my biggest problem with book II is simply how bloated it was. Only 12 chapters to properly develop a story that encompasses 13 individual characters who each need proper screen time to develop their arcs and such. Sheesh it’s no wonder a lot of the OCs feel lacking in the character department. Like book I worked because of its simplicity. Book II is just a mess.

Is anyone considering Lif to be a Legendary, (considering he would be an alt of a main lord it would make sense also it would slow down the release of more deserving mythics), though I would prefer him to be a Mythic or a farfetched Hero if he can qualify as one. 

I wonder how Hell will be handled, despite what they said she is definitely going to be playable (and with trainee bonus to make her broken and match surtr). Mythic is most likely, but you never very know. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I would agree that the Book 1 Oc's were the best and that it was a good call to have established characters like Xander interact with them. 

But story wise Book 1 was by far the weakest and I'd generally take the Norse fanfic over that. Book 1 insisting on using cringy descriptions like ''world of blazing'' or ''world of conquest'' made it very apparent no actual story was taking place. The places Veronica took over weren't actual places. She didn't attack Archenea but ''the world of mystery'' 

For all its bare bones nature and even barer OC's niffle is at least an actual place that was actually invaded so theoretically there was at least something at stake. 

Book I's story was exactly what Heroes should be. Ecclectic, adaptable, and focused on the characters we love. The stakes and the worlds weren't important. It was a framework for us to see the heroes interact with heroes from different worlds, and that worked. And when important characters joined, they were often afforded the weight they deserve. When Ike, the most powerful of heroes according to the game, joined, it set up an entire story arc with an invincible foe protected by embla's magic. That's freaking cool.

Now we're dealing with the opposite. The stakes are higher (if you actually give a shit about Nifl), but the heroes have never been less important. It doesn't matter to the story which characters were just added. They're just popped in to a generic fire or underworld map and that's the end of that.

We traded characters for plot (not even a good one at that), and that is not a good trade.

7 hours ago, Etheus said:

We traded characters for plot (not even a good one at that), and that is not a good trade.

That's basically what I've been saying

11 hours ago, Seazas said:

Sadly it seems that shit avatar Kris is extremely likely.

Not really. As of now, the highest voted male characters not in the game yet are Conrad and Nils, and the highest voted female characters not in the game yet are Awakening Anna and Jill (assuming Louise is disqualified cuz of her Bride alt). Kris isn't likely to be on this banner at all.

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Not really. As of now, the highest voted male characters not in the game yet are Conrad and Nils, and the highest voted female characters not in the game yet are Awakening Anna and Jill (assuming Louise is disqualified cuz of her Bride alt). Kris isn't likely to be on this banner at all.

I beg you pardon its Bruno.  Bunny Bruno does not count for me!