I was writing "tether" in English class today.

I don't ever make such mistakes. Luckily.

And indeed, dancers are very nice, although Tethys isn't very spectacular, since all she can do is refresh one unit, and she only has 5 mov. If she would have rings, the ability to wield weapons, or rings or whatever kind of feature, she would be much better.

meh @ ability to wield weapons

It doesn't do much to deter enemies from attacking since she still has super low hp/def and would do garbage damage. Multiple refresh would be the best. Canto/re-move would also pwn massively. Ninian rings might also be w1n depending on uses/availability. Just having more move would also be nice... at least better than weapon-wielding.

A friend of mine almost wrote "Maths test lv 5" instead of "no 5".

Beat that!

Tethys is a rather useful unit, it's just that there are many other units that are even better than her and you'd like to assign that one unit space you'd assign to Tethys to someone else.

I make similar mistakes fairly often. Sometimes I'll "Musashi" when I meant "Marcus". Don't ask how I make that mistake.

Anyway, Tethys isn't half bad. Dancer utility is nice, although I don't think she's as useful as many of the other dancers out there. Lara will always be my favorite dancer. :)

Completely unneeded? Lol! Tethys is amazing. Any Dancer/Bard/Heron is a great addition to the team. Tethys is no different.

Well for one thing, Tether can't fight, and is very fragile. All she can do is refresh a single unit, and she can't even do that well. Especially with her crappy 5 movement, if she's refreshing a nearby unit, they'll leave her in the dust that much faster.

Every time I've ever used Tether, she was left behind because she couldn't catch up. Why move an uber unit twice every few turns, when you could be using two uber units?

I find Dancers in every title except maybe 10 to be a bit overrated. Mostly because it's jnearly the same as using other units.

It's like having two of your best character instead of your worst character. It's another rescue, drop, heal (Since healers are generally limited), shove (in 9 and 10), item usage, etc. It can help one unit advance farther, especially on the first turn, than any character would normally be able to go. Amazing support class.

Well for one thing, Tether can't fight, and is very fragile. All she can do is refresh a single unit, and she can't even do that well. Especially with her crappy 5 movement, if she's refreshing a nearby unit, they'll leave her in the dust that much faster.

Every time I've ever used Tether, she was left behind because she couldn't catch up. Why move an uber unit twice every few turns, when you could be using two uber units?

1.LOL at that crappy reason. "THIS PERSON CANT FIGHT!" is the worst reason to not use a character.

2.She's fragile,hence her uber luck and spd growth so she WONT GET HIT :/

3.Learn to spell Tethys.

4.Damn it fox you beat me to what i was gonna say (well at least i got to say it in my ninian and nils topic XD)

I found that the best part of Tethys was how her A support with Gerik ended. If that's not a way to scream 'canon pairing' at an unsuspecting player, then I don't know what does! ;)

But yeah, as a unit, Tethys had her uses. It was too bad she couldn't move very far at all.

1.LOL at that crappy reason. "THIS PERSON CANT FIGHT!" is the worst reason to not use a character.

3.Learn to spell Tethys.

4.Damn it fox you beat me to what i was gonna say (well at least i got to say it in my ninian and nils topic XD)

read the start of the topic before accusing him of misspelling

It's like having two of your best character instead of your worst character. It's another rescue, drop, heal (Since healers are generally limited), shove (in 9 and 10), item usage, etc. It can help one unit advance farther, especially on the first turn, than any character would normally be able to go. Amazing support class.

I understood the appeal in the class, though outside of 9 and 10(Which not only has a skill that vastly improves rescuing, but a much better mechanic for moving him and a better dancing ability) I don't quite feel that slowing down to use a unit that is supposed to help you beat chapters quicker is quite the logical construct it seems to be at first glance. And I'm the type that values low movement units.

They don't exactly have the high tier stats that make them invincible either, so after you 'revive' the last unit near enough to you to keep your dancer safe, all you can rely on to use the dancer well is knowing where enemies come from before hand.

3.Learn to spell Tethys.

Learn to use proper grammar first.

Tethys isn't a bad unit, but she's certainly not useful, either. Dancers are essentially "clones" of selected characters, but since Tethys can refresh one unit and only that, you're better bringing along someone who can actually do something. Her 5 MOV doesn't help, either.

I found that the best part of Tethys was how her A support with Gerik ended. If that's not a way to scream 'canon pairing' at an unsuspecting player, then I don't know what does! wink.gif

Can't be better than Gerik/Marisa though.

Tethys is a rather useful unit, it's just that there are many other units that are even better than her and you'd like to assign that one unit space you'd assign to Tethys to someone else.

Finally! Someone who agrees with me on what I said numerous times before.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier