I was writing "tether" in English class today.

Can't be better than Gerik/Marisa though.

I dunno. Implied make-out sessions where the two character portraits are right next to each other with their eyes closed always seem to scream canon pairings to me...

An aggressive strategy is the better choice in in this game, which means Tethys bites the dust with her terrible move speed.

Her speed is no way slow, she dodges EVERYTHING, that is in my save file.

What I meant is that Marisa's ending with Gerik is much better. "but Gerik found she was clumsy at anything but fighting"

I still prefer Tethys/Gerik, though, even if Gerik and Marisa have a hilarious ending text.

• 2 weeks later...

Tethys having 5 move isn't as bad as you try to make it. A character might just scream "HAX MOVEMENT!!!" but that doesn't always mean you use all that hax movement.

EDIT: And, hey you guys? There's this awesome-tastic item called BOOTS. Ever heard of them? I forgot to mention them earlier.

Edited by SunMoonSky

I find that tethys is really good at helping my army move along faster, and also really valuable at giving healers a second turn. Especially on indoor maps, tethys is useful for speeding it up since you're usually going to be limited on how fast you can go by enemies in your path. If you know how to use her, she never really gets left behind. I will admit that there are some outdoor maps that are open enough that she can get left in the dust, but overall I'd say she's worth having.

If you're doing good and you know how to play, Tethys is one of the worst units in the game. She has the lowest movement in the game compared to other units (except if you make Gilliam into a General). ANd she'll be giving close units an extra turn, so she's going to be left behind in two turns, give or take one. Tethys is just a crap unit overall, and she can't even fight.

She has equally as much as nearly every unpromoted, and only one left than promoted dudes. And if you give her the Boots, she has more than others. Yeah, others can use the Boots too, but with the Boots Tethys can actually keep up and give other people way more mov more often, so it's a winning deal.

Don't tell me you're moving your full movement every turn and actually attacking something on player phase every turn. If you aren't doing both of these, you can use leftover peoples to rescue/drop Tethys.

Seriously, Destiny Hero?

:blink: Thethys being one of the WORST units in the game? :blink:

You sadden me. Dancers are, like it or not, incredibly useful units. She can have units with low move get out and fight, and she can make hax units *coughEphraimcough* even more hax.

Woot 50th post! :)

Edited by SunMoonSky

If you're doing good and you know how to play, Tethys is one of the worst units in the game. She has the lowest movement in the game compared to other units (except if you make Gilliam into a General). ANd she'll be giving close units an extra turn, so she's going to be left behind in two turns, give or take one. Tethys is just a crap unit overall, and she can't even fight.

So Tethys is useless when your army is moving at full speed without fighting any enemies. What about when you have to fight enemies or heal multiple allies? What about when you're in a defensive chapter and playing turtle? What if you need to reinforce one part of your army, but any available units are too far away and your line won't hold much longer? What if you make a mistake and need to rearrange your troops in order to keep a vulnerable character safe?

Moving your entire army at full speed is only a very small part of any chapter, and the usefullness (or uselessness) of a single unit should not be determined by that limited event alone.

So Tethys is useless when your army is moving at full speed without fighting any enemies. What about when you have to fight enemies or heal multiple allies? What about when you're in a defensive chapter and playing turtle? What if you need to reinforce one part of your army, but any available units are too far away and your line won't hold much longer? What if you make a mistake and need to rearrange your troops in order to keep a vulnerable character safe?

Moving your entire army at full speed is only a very small part of any chapter, and the usefullness (or uselessness) of a single unit should not be determined by that limited event alone.

... And what if you aren't doing terrible? If you're not epic fail at this game, you should have no problem plowing straight through the enemies. Plus, once Tethys gets her close allies farther, she only gets more and more left behind. She's only good for the first two turns or so.

Dead debate is dead.

If you're doing good and you know how to play, Tethys is one of the best units in the game.

Fix'd. Using Tethys > Using your 12th best character.

... And what if you aren't doing terrible? If you're not epic fail at this game, you should have no problem plowing straight through the enemies. Plus, once Tethys gets her close allies farther, she only gets more and more left behind. She's only good for the first two turns or so.

Dead debate is dead.

If you aren't doing terrible (Which most won't be) using Tethys makes an easy game even easier. Some may argue that's bad, but in terms of actual gameplay, that's good. There WILL be times where you're blocked a bit and slowed down; otherwise, every map would be finished in 4-5 turns.

Don't try to end it because you can't keep up.

Playing Sacred Stones to death, I have to agree that Tethys is almost pretty useless.

Almost. She helps healers level up much faster (L'Archel with Torch Staff) so they can go ahead and promote, but that's on random battles with fog wars. In game... yeah, I'd take my 12th Best Unit over her any day.

• 5 weeks later...

Please exercise a little more discretion when posting in old topics, Marae Sceptre. This thread has been inactive for roughly a month and doesn't have any discussion value left. Your post really didn't add much, either.