Why isn't Rolf higher on the PoR/RD Tier Lists?

Now I know what you're thinking. He's an archer. He has no enemy phase. But you fail to reckon with Rolf's hidden skill. The Almighty Three Shoe Beating combines Luna, Sol, and Astra into one unstoppable force. If it weren't for Blessed (plot) Armor, the Black Knight would quake in his boots as Rolf reigned his unchecked blows upon him. Fact is the only defense against this ferocious attack is apparently the lock on the treasure chests in the game. I mean doors can be broken but chests can't? Really?

29 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

That isn't enough to save him in PoR since he doesn't have a mount. Shouldn't have sent Victor out to pasture.

I always assumed Oscar borrowed him. Wilbur on the other hand wasn't welcomed into the game because he was too busy seeking employment as an airline steward.

7 hours ago, X-Naut said:

That isn't enough to save him in PoR since he doesn't have a mount. Shouldn't have sent Victor out to pasture.

What are you talking about? Infantry units are extremely useful in Path of Radiance. The maps come in all different shapes, sizes and terrains; making cavalry and flying units no more useful than infantry units. 

As for Rolf's position in tier lists, I imagine that it's down to difficulty in training him up. He becomes available in Chapter 9 at level 1, when most, if not all of your characters' levels besides Titania are probably in the double-digits. He can barely do much until he gets at least a few levels higher. Once he does, however, it's a very different story. 

Plus, when it comes to archers and enemy phase, I always just positioned them so that the only way enemies could attack them is from two spaces away.