About the Cavalier Axe Critical Animation...

(I'm going to post a video to get things explained more easily)

(Also, this is my first time trying to post a actual video on this site so..It might not go as well as I want)

Spoiler

If you could watch the video, you might know what I'm trying to say. Isn't attacking with the..(hell, I don't know the name of it in english..)'top' (?) of the axe a good idea? I mean, it surely has his vantage when used correctly (like for a close 'surprise' attack of some sorts), but it's surely more of a desperate move than optimal, right..? 

Koei Tecmo showing off their animation skills here 🙂 This is standard "Dynasty Warriors" style animation, just keep the same poses even for grossly different weapons. Oh, and copy maps all over the place too.

If I really didn't like this, I probably wouldn't have bought so many Dynasty Warriors games 🙂 (4, 4 Empires, 5, 6, 7, and 8). The main issue with Fire Emblem is that the voice actors are all really good, its hard to make fun of things. But there's still some Koei / Tecmo stuff going on here and there that long-time fans can catch.

Edited by dragontamer

13 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Have you seen Armored Lord/Emperor's normal axe animation? She's literally attacking with the BACK of the axe head! That works fine for Aymr since it has a roughly circular head, but if Edelgard's using literally any other axe...

Actually, nope. Crimson Flower is the only one that remains to play. 

Okay, I just looked it up and..WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!  Although it does seem like she does a..er..ok, I don't know the name of it so..let's call it a ''Zipper Cut'' after the first attack.

Kind of reminds me of the Lord Class in TH, where the only 'hurtful' stuff comes from critical hits.

28 minutes ago, Elephantus said:

Hmm, yeah, that looks super weird. Kind of like how they'd often use hammers like normal axes in Awakening.

Oh, don't forget about the axe animation of Hero in FE14. I don't remember exactly, but there was some bizarre stuff on that.

11 minutes ago, Arachnofiend said:

Still looks better than the 3DS animations I guess.

It's been a long, long time since the GBA era and the last time Fire Emblem was one of the best looking games of its era.

Its still a long long time since the absolutely awful PoR (FE9) animations.

Edited by dragontamer

I don't know, the animations of FE9 never really stand out as that bad for me. If I'm really going to judge something bad from that game, it would be those (hitting) effects. THEY are the real problem if you ask me. (And when the character simply disappears from a critical hit and comes back at the speed of light for the level up)