What if crests were like brands in previous FE games?

Dragoncat

As in, the mark of the crest shows up somewhere on the skin? To make it a bit more of a "thinker" question, imagine that the crest brand location is related to the personality/mannerisms of the character and their attitude involving their crest. I'm saying implanted crests don't show up as brands, but you can work with those if you want.

Two examples:

Lorenz: Chest
He would totally go shirtless if this was the case to flaunt it. He's quite open and proud of his lineage and crest, so it would be somewhere obvious.

Sylvain: Penis or testicles
You laugh, and I admit it is funny, but even this has a reason other than "skirt chaser". He's actually not proud of his crest. He wants to hide it. The only person who will see it if there was a brand there would be someone he loves and trusts enough to be vulnerable and go all the way with. His supports suggest he doesn't actually do hookups, he chickens out.

Dimitri: Right elbow. You never see it on his person because it is covered up. It represents his strength (I mean, he has a 60% strength growth by default and he has Effie levels of strength in story).

Spoiler

Not to mention how he used that strength to kill.

Spoiler

Edelgard and Lysithea:

Wherever it would be most convenient to insert a crest.

Also, Edelgard’s non-inserted Crest of Seiros (I am not sure if either of Lysithea’s crests came before the next) would be on her right hand, considering she takes things into her own hands, and her own hands alone.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

@Azure, Roundabouted Out

Hide contents

I'm saying Lysithea's Gloucester crest was implanted, given that she's not related to Lorenz.

Solid answer for Edelgard. Dimitri's could be on his bicep over elbow for that though.

Gotcha.

Anyways, Marianne’s mystery Crest would be on the back of her head, under her hair.

Spoiler

It’s identity as the Crest of the Beast deep beneath the surface, where Marianne would want it. It is a burden on her mind, which is in her head.

Hilda's is on the left cheek of her, ah... posterior. Since if she had her druthers, she'd always be sitting on it.

Catherine's is on her right bicep, since she wears her knightly identity, and devotion to Rhea, on her sleeve.

39 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Hilda's is on the left cheek of her, ah... posterior. Since if she had her druthers, she'd always be sitting on it.

I had to look up the direction of druthers, but kudos to you for also putting a brand on somewhere naughty. Not as naughty as where I put Sylvain's but still.

4 hours ago, Brave Lance said:

Ingrid's is on her back to loosen the weight of the team that she's carrying.

(and the weight of her dead fiance)

Ironically, Ingrid has always been my worst unit in my playthroughs.

11 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Ironically, Ingrid has always been my worst unit in my playthroughs.

I gave her the NG+ strength booster and hopefully she gets some strength levels soon. She got one in the Holy Mausoleum.

9 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

He would totally go shirtless if this was the case to flaunt it. He's quite open and proud of his lineage and crest, so it would be somewhere obvious.

That would be rather unbecoming of a noble, so I doubt it.

Sylvain: Penis or testicles

Oh... it's gonna be one of these threads then.

You laugh, and I admit it is funny, but even this has a reason other than "skirt chaser".

I'm not, it really isn't. Not a prude thing but already by this point it feels like a flanderization of a character when Fire Emblem has finally begun working on multfaceted characters. Something they haven't done in a long time, so I'm already losing interest in the thread by this point...

He wants to hide it. The only person who will see it if there was a brand there would be someone he loves and trusts enough to be vulnerable and go all the way with. His supports suggest he doesn't actually do hookups, he chickens out.

yea... figured I get this as the "deep reason" explanation. Maybe I'm just jaded from reading a lot of fan fiction in my younger years (can't stomach it now) but this is the sort of thing I'd expect in a really bad fanfiction. No offense but it really feels like the thread will just devolve into a race to absurdity rather than be of much interest. Probably shouldn't even respond but since the 2nd Gen, extended family, and similar threads all became a similar level of cringe... well I just feel a little burnt out since I'd actually like to discuss the sort of lore these threads covered.

11 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

yea... figured I get this as the "deep reason" explanation. Maybe I'm just jaded from reading a lot of fan fiction in my younger years (can't stomach it now) but this is the sort of thing I'd expect in a really bad fanfiction. No offense but it really feels like the thread will just devolve into a race to absurdity rather than be of much interest. Probably shouldn't even respond but since the 2nd Gen, extended family, and similar threads all became a similar level of cringe... well I just feel a little burnt out since I'd actually like to discuss the sort of lore these threads covered.

I mean to each their own. I'm a fanfic person though. Fanfics do cover lore that the game doesn't. It's not all cringe. There's a lot of cringe in fanfic but there's also seriousness. But things like My Immortal and Misohn From God and Waluigi's Taco Stand, those kind of things just give the whole fanfic community a bad name and I hate it.

And yeah, one user in the 2nd Gen thread does kinda need to work on character creation skills. Not naming names, that'd be rude. I cringe at most of said person's ideas.

Oh and you do have a point on Lorenz. I guess instead of completely shirtless, then a low cut shirt to show it?

Edited by Dragoncat