What setting should the next fe be

issysito

Aight so hear me out: Jugdral, but like thousands of years in the future. So like, technological advancements are aplenty, as the continent has entered an industrial revolution, with New Thracia being it's lead influencer thanks to the minerals in the mountains. Infact, Thracia would be kinda secluded from the other countries, mainly exchanging in trade of goods. With these technological advancements you could reintroduce playable ballisticians and bowguns (These being primarily used by countries with less involvement in Thracia), With things like a gun triangle (Shotguns beat pistols, pistols beat rifles, and rifles beat shotguns) and more advanced things like bombs and crude robots and machines being used by Thracia and places like Grannvale who have connections to Thracia. Pistols would have 2 range but are very light, rifles have 3 range but are very heavy, and shotguns have 1 range but deal half damage to adjacent enemies. I've got a lot thought out on this kinda setting, as I kinda have a fire emblem game i'm building in my brain. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Tellius but in the future. Give me the laguz waifus and husbandos, especially the ravens. 
  • Slavic setting would be cool. This artist made the Three Houses characters with slavic outifts and it looks great. A spookier tone fits the concept. Give me haunted forests, gypsies and creepy fairytales. 
  • Italian renassaince with guns being rare, maybe enemy especific weapons. Gentleman Bastards  and gasslamp atmosphere.  
  • Spanish Crusaders, inspired in the reconquista time period and events.  

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The next game should actually be a setting which, like Valentia, totally forgoes previous Fire Emblem mechanics and weapon types, some weird land where Gauntlets and Ballista and Hidden Weapons comprise 50% of arms.

So... a world of martial artists, ninjas, and giant crossbows?

Sounds more fitting for a fighting game, but sign me up anyway!

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I want something more eastern inspired like ancient china or korea. I think it would be a nice change of pace

1 minute ago, Hawkwing said:

So... a world of martial artists, ninjas, and giant crossbows?

Sounds more fitting for a fighting game, but sign me up anyway!

Yeah, just throw these two together and call it day. Replace Ballista with Hwachas.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

58 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I want something more eastern inspired like ancient china or korea. I think it would be a nice change of pace

That was basically Hoshido. For all of Fates' flaws, I really enjoyed the twin "East/West" aesthetics, and how it extended even into the class and weapon systems.

Anyway, people have talked about Arabian Emblem, and I think that would be cool. But I'd also go for Indian/South Asian Emblem. Could have a religion inspired by Hinduism, a bunch of temples, magic texts that use Sanskrit as a font, elephant riders, and an incarnation of Naga that's an... actual naga.

1 minute ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

That was basically Hoshido. For all of Fates' flaws, I really enjoyed the twin "East/West" aesthetics, and how it extended even into the class and weapon systems.

Hoshido was more japan than china

Just now, Ottservia said:

Hoshido was more japan than china

Agreed, but I don't know that ancient China or Korea would be all that different in aesthetic from ancient Japan. Granted, names would be quite different. But I suppose I don't know enough about historical East Asian cultures to speak definitively. 

19 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'd still like to see them try it again, this time without a Western aesthetic civilization alongside it. While I did enjoy how Hoshido pulled off the Eastern aesthetic, I think they could do better and go more in-depth with it if they were allowed to fully focus on it for a game.