What do you think the next Fire Emblem game would (or should!) be?

Quiyonce

What do you think the next Fire Emblem game would (or should!) be?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Now that Three Houses and TMS are out and it's clear the Fire Emblem franchise isn't dieing anytime soon? What are your thoughts, theories and hopes the next FE title will be?

• Remake/master of Archanea Saga
    • Remake/master of Jugdral Saga
    • Remake/master of Elibe Saga
    • Remake/master of Sacred Stones
    • Remake/master of Tellius Saga
    • Brand New, Main Series Fire Emblem Title
    • New Fire Emblem Spin-off
    • New Fire Emblem Crossover with Another Franchise
    • New Fire Emblem Mobile Game
    • Other (Please Specify!)

Now that Three Houses and TMS are out and it's clear the Fire Emblem franchise isn't dieing anytime soon? What are your thoughts, theories and hopes the next FE title will be? 

Personally, I think it'd be nice if the next title included a full international release of the Archanea saga but I think the Tellius saga has more demand and would sell better.

I've heard rumors that a Path of Radiance Echoes may be in the works, and I wouldn't be opposed to that. I think FE4 or 6 would need the remake more, but I'd be happy with a Tellius remake/remaster. My current disc isn't the best and near the end of its life anyways.

I also voted for a brand new title, mainly one that takes place in Fodlan. Fodlan had quite a bit of worldbuilding and there's plenty of places we haven't explored yet. I'm curious about the other countries such as Dagda, Almyra, and Morfis. I feel like it would be interesting to learn more about those countries. Fodlan itself has a long history, and has plenty of prequel material to work with.

A spin-off like Warriors could also be a fun idea, if it's with the right idea. I'm not too keen on a crossover with another game series though, since the SMT one was sort of... questionable. (Not that TMS#FE is a bad game, just weird, especially considering the two series it came from.) I think the Civ series would be a good one to crossover with FE though.

As for other, I wouldn't mind HD ports of the 3DS games to the Switch library. Just clean up the models and textures a bit and I think they could be fun on the Switch.

Voted for Jugdral remake. Would make sense for the franchise to adopt a similar pattern like Pokemon, so a remake could be next. What I think the series should do next though is spin-off to a modern or even futuristic setting. With the doubled down focus on visual-novel and dating elements instead of strategy a Fire Emblem space opera would fit perfectly. Or gimme Fire Emblem Front Missions with mechas. 😉

I'm hoping for the next game to be an FE4 remake the most, although I wouldn't be opposed to the rumor of Tellius remakes either, since they both really need a rerelease at this point.

As for spin offs, Fire Emblem Warriors 2 would be fun as well if they do it right this time anyway

While i want a FE4 remake, i also thing they shoud captalize on Fodlan and pull a Thracia and do

Fire Emblem Almyra 886

Spoiler

With Claude uniting Almyra and achieving Peace with Fodlan. Claude survives all routes (except if you choose to kill him in CF), and this could really work well without saying which route is Canon, since he leaves in all routes.

The best is always a brand new game, but I doubt that's what on the list next. If they do a PoR remake it could be awesome if done right (but a nightmare if done wrong), same with binding blade, and I haven't played genealogy but I hear it's great so that'd be cool.

As for a spin off, no clue, doubt they do warriors 2 any time soon, but who knows. The other game named has nothing to do with FE as far as I'm concerned, so I'm not counting that. I am curious whether Nintendo has any good ideas on other spin offs.

24 minutes ago, whase said:

The best is always a brand new game, but I doubt that's what on the list next. If they do a PoR remake it could be awesome if done right (but a nightmare if done wrong), same with binding blade, and I haven't played genealogy but I hear it's great so that'd be cool.

As for a spin off, no clue, doubt they do warriors 2 any time soon, but who knows. The other game named has nothing to do with FE as far as I'm concerned, so I'm not counting that. I am curious whether Nintendo has any good ideas on other spin offs.

They could do a Fire Emblem fighting game for a potential spin off

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

They could do a Fire Emblem fighting game for a potential spin off

Wonder what that would look like, it can't just be smash except full of FE characters we already have that.

I voted Sacred and Tellius, although I'm with my heart and not my brain. Sacred stones is my first FE and is also my favourite and it deserves a solid remake so people will stop hating on it.

I want a Tellius remake just so that I can get supports in RD to learn the backstories of the part 1 characters and so I can have my Rolf X Mist, Aran X Laura and/or Tormod X Sanaki ships sated. In all seriousness, I really, really REALLY wish that the Dawn Brigade people had benefitted from supports, it would have made them a lot easier to root for in the back half of the game.

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Fodlan. Fodlan had quite a bit of worldbuilding and there's plenty of places we haven't explored yet. I'm curious about the other countries such as Dagda, Almyra, and Morfis. I feel like it would be interesting to learn more about those countries. Fodlan itself has a long history, and has plenty of prequel material to work with.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Personally I'm very much rooting for another game in the Fodlan continent. A Fire Emblem set in Almyra would be pretty neat.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

While i want a FE4 remake, i also thing they shoud captalize on Fodlan and pull a Thracia and do

Fire Emblem Almyra 886

A pre/sequal to 3H definitely should have been an option, lol. Guess I overlooked it cause Ashen Wolves is still a thing that's incoming.

Personally, I would enjoy if it's a sequel similar to the relationship between Tales of Berseria and Zestiria. This could double down on the tragic (anti)heroes and darker themes Three Houses already has. Though Almyra 886 also sounds pretty appealing.

6 hours ago, know_naim said:

What I think the series should do next though is spin-off to a modern or even futuristic setting. With the doubled down focus on visual-novel and dating elements instead of strategy a Fire Emblem space opera would fit perfectly. Or gimme Fire Emblem Front Missions with mechas. 😉

You may jest, but I'd honestly have a lot of fun with all of that.

44 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Probably something like Soul Calibur

I'm here for this too.

49 minutes ago, Benice said:

. In all seriousness, I really, really REALLY wish that the Dawn Brigade people had benefitted from supports, it would have made them a lot easier to root for in the back half of the game.

I think the Tellius saga are already great games and probably need a remaster the least (besides Awakening onward) but damn, if I don't really want them. Add supports and some QoL changes (enemy range toggles, skip animation s, etc.) and Tellius has potential to not only be the best Fire Emblem experience but one of the best gaming experiences as well. Though I think something similar could be said about the Jugdral Saga.

While I would love a Thracia remake that won't be happening without a Genealogy one happening first, which i don't think is their priority. If I could choose a realistic remake I would absolutely love a FE6 remake. It makes sense given Roy's popularity, it would get a lot of people interested purely from smash too. 

I would love a Thracia remake though. I'm actually writing a concept piece for what it would and should be like, so I think if done right it could be amazing, however I can see IS messing it up very badly, so I'm honestly hesitant. 

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Fire Emblem Almyra 886

Yes please. I would love this, but it could also be hilarious as an April Fools joke.

From the Fire Emblem Wiki:

Japan Only--

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light--

Fire Emblem Gaiden--

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem--Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

What if...

Port: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

(Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War + Thracia 776) Remake

(Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade + The Blazing Blade) Remake

2 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Japan Only--

Fire Emblem Gaiden--

What if...

I don't see Genealogy and Thracia being remade as one game working very well, cuz they're both vastly different from each other gameplay wise. I also don't see Binding Blade and Blazing Blade being remade together working well either

1 hour ago, Boomhauer007 said:

Jugdral remake hopefully; I'd personally be pretty upset if games that were already localized were remade before games that weren't.

I'm inclined to agree with you. But it's hard to ignore that we still haven't gotten Mystery Emblem localized and it would make sense to me if it was repackaged with Shadow Dragon. 

I also don't think it'd be a terrible idea to remake Tellius first cause it would definitely earn money and they're some of the most difficult games to purchase, even outside of Fire Emblem.

2 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I kinda hope that's what happens with the latter 2, it just doesn't seem like the smartest decision to separate those titles and potentially screw fans over if the first game of the pairs don't sell well.

I think a port of New Mystery would've been better on the Wii U than on the Switch because of the former's gamepad but I haven't played FE12 so I'm not sure how much the second screen matters.

3 hours ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Japan Only--

Fire Emblem Gaiden--

What if...

I'd rather not combine them. They weren't intended to be combined. FE4 and 5 are vastly different in terms of scale, unit variety, map objectives, etc. 

I also don't like the idea of FE6 and FE7 being combined because I'd imagine it will go through development hell. There's not much overlap between either 2 anyways.

3 hours ago, Quiyonce said:

I'm inclined to agree with you. But it's hard to ignore that we still haven't gotten Mystery Emblem localized and it would make sense to me if it was repackaged with Shadow Dragon. 

I also don't think it'd be a terrible idea to remake Tellius first cause it would definitely earn money and they're some of the most difficult games to purchase, even outside of Fire Emblem.

I kinda hope that's what happens with the latter 2, it just doesn't seem like the smartest decision to separate those titles and potentially screw fans over if the first game of the pairs don't sell well.

I think a port of New Mystery would've been better on the Wii U than on the Switch because of the former's gamepad but I haven't played FE12 so I'm not sure how much the second screen matters.

How does it not seem like a smart decision to keep two entries separated like they already are? I think people forget how big FE7 and FE6 are by themselves and how long it would take for development to make them. Expecting 2 games in 1 package for the price of 1 game doesn't seem fair to the developers.

FE12 works similarly to Shadow Dragon. They could just make the second screen similar to how other older entries have done it. Although I would be happy if they ported the older games and localized the old ones as well.

Not sure why it isn't an option on the poll, but Three Houses universe left so much room for further expansion, especially after they spent so much effort on building it. There are also so many unanswered lore question we have from Three Houses.

- War of Nabatean and Agarthans

- War of Heroes (Saints vs Nemesis and 10 Elites)

- War of Eagle and Lion ( Independence of Kingdom)

- Almyra invasion (forming of Officer's Academy, built of Fodlan's Locket)

- Dagda invasion and imperial conquest of Brigid.

- Rhea and Jeralt, and on Duscar Tragedy (basically direct prequel to Three Houses)

Spoiler

The game hints Jeralt is several hundred years old and worked for Rhea since his youth, also would cover Rhea's effort on resurrecting Sothis

And concurrent/sequel to Three Houses, they could develop story based on Almyra or Dagda.

Especially that Dagda Empire was completely quiet during war phase, makes one wonder why they didn't take the opportunity to seek revenge....

It doesn't need to be the very next Fire Emblem game, but I really hope they will come back to Fodlan in the future to expend it's lore.

Edited by Timlugia

Back to basics. No grandiose story (pretensions) but a functional, coherent one. No more wandering around a base, no more tea-time or tutoring. Smarter map design and at least one engaging difficulty (opposed to stat-inflation, enemy flooding, and grinding on boring grids.)

I have not tried the older titles, but it would be interesting to have a game focused on secondary characters from those games, allowing us to revisit those worlds with modern mechanics and presentation, without re-writing what has already been told. It would give the developers more freedom with the characters, their abilities and their fate within the story.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'd rather not combine them. They weren't intended to be combined. FE4 and 5 are vastly different in terms of scale, unit variety, map objectives, etc. 

I also don't like the idea of FE6 and FE7 being combined because I'd imagine it will go through development hell. There's not much overlap between either 2 anyways.

How does it not seem like a smart decision to keep two entries separated like they already are? I think people forget how big FE7 and FE6 are by themselves and how long it would take for development to make them. Expecting 2 games in 1 package for the price of 1 game doesn't seem fair to the developers.

FE12 works similarly to Shadow Dragon. They could just make the second screen similar to how other older entries have done it. Although I would be happy if they ported the older games and localized the old ones as well.

I just don't want an FE4 remake to not sell well and thus IntSys doesn't create an FE5 remake.

FE 6 and 7 I'm less worried about cause 7 is already localized. The GBA games have a lot less in them than Fates and 3H so I doubt the development would be any longer than the last few titles. 

Also, I don't think anyone said the price should or would be the price of one game. If they have to up the price by $20 or $40 dollars, that would definitely be understandable.

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

Not sure why it isn't an option on the poll, but Three Houses universe left so much room for further expansion, especially after they spent so much effort on building it.

6 hours ago, Quiyonce said:

A pre/sequal to 3H definitely should have been an option, lol. Guess I overlooked it cause Ashen Wolves is still a thing that's incoming.

I had enough trouble starting this poll on mobile already lol, I'm not risking messing with it any more.