Ch. 1 tactics

nflchamp

Well yeah

... but it's funnier to go straight anyway, you have some time before the second team reaches, and you can bait Dimitri/Edelgard into the forests to the right to duel your most resilient units(don't fight back, just move away and heal) while you hit and run their team + Hanneman down. Then you just deal with the second group.

My hot tip to add onto that is to take out the left house, but also have Manuela run out of nosferatu uses on you. Then leave her helpless before tackling the second house. The moment Manuela dies, the second house aggros to your position all together. By avoiding that trigger, you can bait all of those units one at a time. Big help for taking down the monsters named Dedue and Dimitri.

Edited by Glennstavos

It always bugged me a but that this is a two-way fight, as opposed to Gronder, where the other two houses are fighting each other as well. I'm guessing Hanneman and Manuela teamed up to "haze the new guy". Or they just didn't want to introduce the concept of three-sided battles in chapter 1.

I did that for my SS run and had 20+ turns lol. I recently started an AM and did it straight forward. Dedue baits Manuela away from the group then I can bait Edelgard and Tempest Lance her the next turn safely. Although I'm low on Iron Lance uses right now.