Intelligent System Avatar Lies

Hello I just want to know if you guys are dissapointed to have been lied with the avatar in three houses.Just to clarify I dont need one im just disappointed for the fans who bought the game hoping it was there. Two of three games on the 3DS had it and they said it was the cutscenes as of why they drop avatar customization and the 3DS was a harder platform to develop games on and they did avatar and their cutscenes way better than on the switch so I’m sorry if dont buy theirs excuses for lack of customization.in the first 10 min Sothis asked what are you And YOU HAVE TO PICK MORTAL and Byleth Birthday is 20 of horse bow moon even the in game story dialogue says it with setheht an rhea before the holy tomb mission.the birthday gift takes a key item slot and isn’t used.im not mad just disappointed to have been lied i mean you have all that lore about Byleth and sell the avatar when Byleth can be their own character or play the game from the 3 main lord.cindered shadows was good and I love the game I’m on bow only run.but this game cost me 79.99$ Canadian and 15% taxes because I live in Quebec so about 92$ full price. What I mean is IS should not lie about an Avatar if there isn’t one I mean Awakening saved the serie in the west all I ask is being honest about the game devs. No avatar is fine TBH they suck I’ve Played Awakening and Fates by playing Robin and Corrin Respectively same with Byleth and I’m not coming near Heroes of Light and Shadows and Kris with 10 foot pole.

Edited by NaotoUzumaki

Punctuation man, this isn't the Ulysses book you're trying to write.

Honestly... I never cared about avatars and customization, to me the problem isn't that they can or can't be customizable, it's that they exist in the first place when TH doesn't need an avatar to have a story.

I have little idea what you are trying to say.

But Byleth is mortal? I dunno, I feel like you may be nitpicking a little here. IMO there' already a ton of customization in three houses, including within Byleth themselves, what with all of the classes you can make them.

If you're that desperate for an avatar that's both flexible and revered by the rest of the cast, look into emulating FE12 (don't ask us where to get the ROM).  Or perhaps Persona is a better fit for you.

No that’s not it.its the lying about the Game having an avatar.All I want is the avatar gone or developers to not lie about Byleth being one when he/she aren’t one.basically all I’m asking is for developers that be honest and says there isn’t a avatar in the game.It DOESNT NEED ONE PERIOD. I’m basically playing devil’s advocate here for the people who bought the game for an Avatar. I just dislike false advertising from devs to sell game.I mean the avatar gave the series new life and NOT IN A GOOD WAY.just tell them their isn’t one Like Echoes: Shadows of Valentia 

Edited by NaotoUzumaki

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Punctuation man, this isn't the Ulysses book you're trying to write.

Also paragraph breaks or even some goddamn sentence breaks, because holy hell that is one ugly wall of text that you'd have to be insane to want to read.

I do think Byleth absolutely could've been done better.  And I don't really buy their explanation, either, especially considering how much more they did with this game than others and how Koei Tecmo outright had to push them to allow for more save data in an update because they knew the Switch was capable of allotting more space than the 3DS.  If there's anything I'd believe, it's that IS just simply didn't know how to develop for the Switch because they haven't developed for any Nintendo home console for over a decade.

But really, they could've done more for customization in terms of both class/unit customization and aesthetic customization.  Byleth didn't have to stay stuck with only specific proficiencies.  In fact, the proficiency system could've presented an awesome chance to implement a sort of "gain/loss" system where you have a set amount of strengths you can apply which will increase if you give your character weaknesses.  And I don't care too much about the aesthetic customization, but having the "avatar" appear fully in cutscenes is not an increase in production value - the loss of customization, however, is.  They could've just as well stuck to the form that Awakening set, which was scarcely showing the avatar during fully animated cutscenes, and people wouldn't be crying about a lack of improvement or whatever.

2 hours ago, NaotoUzumaki said:

I mean the avatar gave the series new life and NOT IN A GOOD WAY.

I mean... if you're talking about Awakening, I'd say it was in a good way considering there wouldn't even be a Fire Emblem: Three Houses to talk about if it didn't give the series new life.

But I already know full well there's a platoon's worth of people who would rather have seen the series die at Awakening or claim it actually did die (seems every damn IP these days has one), and I don't really care to converse with them on that matter anyway.

3 hours ago, NaotoUzumaki said:

I just dislike false advertising from devs to sell game.

FE has suffered from misleading marketing since Blazing Blade at the latest and I don't foresee it stopping anytime soon.  The whole Avatar thing with Three Houses isn't really anything new.

If it's that big a deal, then don't give Nintendo/IS your money.  If not, then my advice is to simply get over it and move on.  After all, marketing lies/half-truths surrounding Byleth's character are easily the least of Three Houses's problems.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I think the customization would be an issue for Three Houses since Byleth was shown in the cutscenes with both Male and Female while Awakening and Fates had both Robin and Corrin, they don't have their own face shown in the cutscenes. I think the reason why major customization for Byleth was removed in Three Houses since Robin and Corrin had a lot of customization in their own games but they show up in the later games and spin-offs using their own default appearance and their default gender VAs but they never seemed to reuse their custom hair styles, custom voice tones, and body differences like Heroes for example. I really think Intelligent System might have ditched them because some players usually stick on keeping to the default appearance of the Avatars for each of the genders that they choose in their playthrough. I think it be hard to use customization on for Three Houses for Byleth if it were happen in the game since the Cutscenes were are already animated for Byleth and it might be harder to get every hair styles animated depending on which some players choose which hair styles to use.

Edited by King Marth 64

It's entirely possible to make a game with awesome cutscenes without swapping out of the graphics used in normal circumstances. I have Xenoblade in mind with that statement, it meant the irrelevant Cross could be around as you customized them to look in XCX without any presentation problems.

If FE wants to use 2D animation b/c anime feel instead of 3D, or it finds its standard 3D graphics insufficient for wickedly good cutscenes, then I can see reason for doing as they did with Byleth. 

9 hours ago, NaotoUzumaki said:

No that’s not it.its the lying about the Game having an avatar.All I want is the avatar gone or developers to not lie about Byleth being one when he/she aren’t one.basically all I’m asking is for developers that be honest and says there isn’t a avatar in the game.It DOESNT NEED ONE PERIOD. I’m basically playing devil’s advocate here for the people who bought the game for an Avatar. I just dislike false advertising from devs to sell game.I mean the avatar gave the series new life and NOT IN A GOOD WAY.just tell them their isn’t one Like Echoes: Shadows of Valentia 

If you're willing to deep-dive the story. . .Byleth as a blank slate controlled by the player is necessary.  Doesn't mean I have to like the reason, but it makes sense from a thematic PoV.

22 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's entirely possible to make a game with awesome cutscenes without swapping out of the graphics used in normal circumstances. I have Xenoblade in mind with that statement, it meant the irrelevant Cross could be around as you customized them to look in XCX without any presentation problems.

If FE wants to use 2D animation b/c anime feel instead of 3D, or it finds its standard 3D graphics insufficient for wickedly good cutscenes, then I can see reason for doing as they did with Byleth. 

It's doable if they don't use pre-rededered CGI for any cutscene showing Byleth. All Byleth scenes use in game engine cutscene show it will show customization.

Only problem is post fusion Byleth will likely still have green hair and eyes for plot reason.

Yeah now that i think about its possible that the devs had problems devlopping on the switch.                                                                                                                                                  The battalions system was supposed To be the weapon triangle in the OG trailler.               Although the pre rendered anime cutscenes were made to be see more clearly What was really happening such as the holy mausoleum with the SotC cutscene or with the death of Jeralt.                                                                                                                                   Its also possible that in Japan an ''Avatar is like the persona series while overseas it more like DnD or Pathfinder.                                                                                                             Even if they dont change byleth I would still hope on story improvement for Crimson Flower/Silver Snow and Verdant Wind they Feel unfinished and some parts copy paste.    

I'm not a fan of FMVs (that's what we called 'pre-rendered CGI' in the good ol' days). I guess I just got sick of them when PlayStation was king. Assuming we get another new FE game on the Switch, the engine's animation will improve over the Switch's lifetime like the 3DS games did and we'll get better in-game animation, so maybe IS will give us more avatar customization in lieu of FMVs.