Lunatic

Callie

Hi..everyone ! ..I'm Nhi.

I just beat Hard mode. I plan to play this game on Lunatic. I watch some online walkthroughs. The players like to use units that can have strong skills like : Galeforce, Vantage, Luna, v.v... 

I see a guy play Lunatic mode. He turns sumia, cordelia, maribelle, lissa, olivia into Dark Flier to pass Galeforce to their kids. And use some classes to beat the game. Like Sniper to 3 range with long bow, Pass asassin, Bow knight, Nosferatu Dark Mage v...v.... .Is the game that hard ? 

Hope u guy let me know. Cause I really enjoy picking units I like, and change them to classes I like. Like Paladin Ricken , Warrior Henry, v..v.... Don't have to grind too much to get strong skills, just use skills from their classes when they level up.

So Ricken would have Mag +2, Focus, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis

Henry would have  Hex, Anathema, Gamble, Rally Strenth, Counter.

v....v.........

Can I beat Lunatic with those skills ?

Thank you for reading my google translated texts .

Edited by Hong Nhi

You beat Lunatic using the following things:

1. Frederick, early.  But do be careful of that Chapter 1 Hammer.  He'll most likely be dropped later-on.
2. Low-manning.  As tempting as it is to use every single OP kid, keep the roster lowish (Robin, spouse, Morgan, whoever's paired with Morgan, maybe two more pairs at most).  Veteran will be your most valuable skill for a very long time.
3. Your ability to read the situation in front of you.  Asking for blind skill recommendations tells me that this is one of your weak points.  You'll want to learn that "why", even if it's going to suck early-on.  Otherwise, you're going to run into problems on later maps.

20 hours ago, eclipse said:

You beat Lunatic using the following things:

1. Frederick, early.  But do be careful of that Chapter 1 Hammer.  He'll most likely be dropped later-on.
2. Low-manning.  As tempting as it is to use every single OP kid, keep the roster lowish (Robin, spouse, Morgan, whoever's paired with Morgan, maybe two more pairs at most).  Veteran will be your most valuable skill for a very long time.
3. Your ability to read the situation in front of you.  Asking for blind skill recommendations tells me that this is one of your weak points.  You'll want to learn that "why", even if it's going to suck early-on.  Otherwise, you're going to run into problems on later maps.

I think i understand your points. Early Frederick, mid-late create a family of destruction. Lowest the first-gen members, replace them with childs (with good inherit skills)

Edited by Hong Nhi

2 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

I think i understand your points. Early Frederick, mid-late create a family of destruction. Lowest the first-gen members, replace them with childs (with good inherit skills)

I don't think you understood the third one, which is by far the most important of the three.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't think you understood the third one, which is by far the most important of the three.

umm..... u mean :  the position of units . Which units, skills should take for each map, right? 

4 minutes ago, Hong Nhi said:

umm..... u mean :  the position of units . Which units, skills should take for each map, right? 

Instead of asking "what do I do", ask yourself "why am I doing this?".  It's much harder, but it'll make everything easier in the long run.

Edited by eclipse

Truth be told without EXPonetional growth, I think beating Lunatic Awakening is best done with most of the best units in the game, (I don't know who they are but certain characters have advantages) to make it easy on yourself, not your favorites, unless you want to do a lot of farming in Paralogues, sadly from what I see Lunatic's balance doesn't offer much room for characters that don't have good advantages in the game like the fliers with Galeforce, the characters with Armsthrift, forged 1-2 weapons, and Brave Weapons... I beat the game on Lunatic because of EXPonetional growth, but paralogues might be able to work just as well.

TL;DR I guess it's best you farm with EXPonential growth if you don't want Lunatic mode to be a nightmare.

7 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

Truth be told without EXPonetional growth, I think beating Lunatic Awakening is best done with most of the best units in the game, (I don't know who they are but certain characters have advantages) to make it easy on yourself, not your favorites, unless you want to do a lot of farming in Paralogues, sadly from what I see Lunatic's balance doesn't offer much room for characters that don't have good advantages in the game like the fliers with Galeforce, the characters with Armsthrift, forged 1-2 weapons, and Brave Weapons... I beat the game on Lunatic because of EXPonetional growth, but paralogues might be able to work just as well.

TL;DR I guess it's best you farm with EXPonential growth if you don't want Lunatic mode to be a nightmare.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Instead of asking "what do I do", ask yourself "why am I doing this?".  It's much harder, but it'll make everything easier in the long run.

thank you ^^. 

21 hours ago, eclipse said:

I worried too much. thank you for remind me. I'll play it and try hard to figure what I must do :)