New requirement to play FEH after new update

LucinaRobin

Hello.

I saw notice about supported device in my FEH app.

My questions are:

1. Needed Ram increasement is only for iOS?

(I mean, is there no change of needed Ram for Android?)

I currently use 5.0.0 Android ver. With 2.77GB Total Ram. (1.5GB Ram is used by other apps and 1.2GB is available Ram)

And my FEH is working smoothly now.

2.So will my FEH apps not be affected after future update planed at June and September?

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

1. Needed Ram increasement is only for iOS?

(I mean, is there no change of needed Ram for Android?)

I would have to hypothesize that the increased RAM requirement is specific to the operating software.  Perhaps the game is better optimized for Android than iOS, which may seem weird but computing devices in general can be really finicky for no good reason.  Perhaps the Android version reads memory differently from iOS, and thus it's able to make better use of limited RAM.

34 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

2.So will my FEH apps not be affected after future update planed at June and September?

Updates will always auto-install, or else you'd get closed out of the game if you don't run the latest version.  It seems to me like if you have Android 4.4 or better that your game will probably still work indefinitely - only until they announce that it requires even higher versions would you need to start worrying.

29 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I would have to hypothesize that the increased RAM requirement is specific to the operating software.  Perhaps the game is better optimized for Android than iOS, which may seem weird but computing devices in general can be really finicky for no good reason.  Perhaps the Android version reads memory differently from iOS, and thus it's able to make better use of limited RAM.

Updates will always auto-install, or else you'd get closed out of the game if you don't run the latest version.  It seems to me like if you have Android 4.4 or better that your game will probably still work indefinitely - only until they announce that it requires even higher versions would you need to start worrying.

Thanks for the answer.

So I don't need to worry about June and September update, because My Android ver is 5.0.0 and Ram requirement isn't changed.

Right?

Just now, LucinaRobin said:

Thanks for the answer.

So I don't need to worry about June and September update, because My Android ver is 5.0.0 and Ram requirement isn't changed.

Right?

If RAM was relevant to Android, I think they would've listed it as such.

It's actually reasonable to assume that Android requires less RAM than iOS.  Generally speaking Android is built more like an actual computer than iOS, even using an operating software based on that of an actual desktop OS (Linux), and game developers seem to have an easier time developing apps for Android.  From the research I've done Android is, for whatever reason, more stable than iOS devices.  Perhaps it's simply the operating software, perhaps it's something in the actual specs.  Point is, it's likely the game just simply is better optimized for Android, or Android's better at running games than iOS - maybe even a combination of the two.  Could even be that Nintendo deliberately prioritized Android for one reason or another.

7 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

If RAM was relevant to Android, I think they would've listed it as such.

It's actually reasonable to assume that Android requires less RAM than iOS.  Generally speaking Android is built more like an actual computer than iOS, even using an operating software based on that of an actual desktop OS (Linux), and game developers seem to have an easier time developing apps for Android.  From the research I've done Android is, for whatever reason, more stable than iOS devices.  Perhaps it's simply the operating software, perhaps it's something in the actual specs.  Point is, it's likely the game just simply is better optimized for Android, or Android's better at running games than iOS - maybe even a combination of the two.  Could even be that Nintendo deliberately prioritized Android for one reason or another.

I see.

That was a reason.

Thanks for the research. I also wanted to know why.

Thanks! So, I don't need to worry about FEH.

Thanks again!

1. This goes in the pinned question thread.
2. The update mentioned Android, so I suggest taking that part to heart (and ask a forum dedicated to cell phones on the details regarding that, not here).