Is your character a Mary-Sue?

Agro

Wikipedia's article.

Is your OC a Mary Sue?

Use this to find out.

If you don't know what a Mary Sue is, find out now. You may find that your character is not so "original" after all. The reason for which I pose this question is because I've noticed there are alot of novice writers around here (myself included). After reading some stories and having been through years of fanfics, I can say I'm quite sick of her.

I ran Micaiah through the test for the hell of it. She only got 52 points, making her fairly original, which had me surprised, since I thought she was a the biggest Sue around.

Have your character run through the test, and share your results =D

I tried to give a test on Ishtar (not FE4's Ishtar, but my own Ishtar). And her score was...29. :o

And I thought I was a MarySue.

I'll try to test my other characters later.

EDIT: My bad, I saw 29 as 24. Sorry.

Edited by Tiltyu

I ran my character through the test just for the hell of it. He scored a 23. This was the message I got:

Walter is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Walter, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Walter is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

I guess that's a good thing. I might be a bit more enthusiastic if I actually took these Mary-sue tests seriously. =/

I got 102 for my character...is that a good thing? :mellow:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Masu got a 47

Masu is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Masu, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Masu is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Here goes:

Branded isn't a character: he's you, or you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Branded, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Branded is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown

Mirror, Mirror 24

You Mean Plaid Is Out? 9

Plain Joe 2

Can't Complain 5

Momma HATES Him! 0

Total: 40

'Kay, I just took the test again with my twin characters.

They got....

Aksha/Iksha is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Aksha/Iksha, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Aksha/Iksha is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Aksha got 14 as his score and Iksha got 16.

Edited by Tiltyu

Branded...not cool?

Branded is possibly the most badass person EVER.

Not cool as in our retarded society's standards. Branded and I were seen as weird freaks in school (besides the ppl who were worth being friends with)

Branded...not cool?

Branded is possibly the most badass person EVER.

Uh...thanks but...

Not cool as in our retarded society's standards. Branded and I were seen as weird freaks in school (besides the ppl who were worth being friends with)

True. That is how it went.

Same here...

Uh...thanks but...

True. That is how it went.

Dude...That right there was possibly the coolest thing you EVER said.

I got 102 for my character...is that a good thing? :mellow:

What did the site say for you? Or anyone else for that matter. Just throwing out numbers doesn't really help.

Same here...

Dude...That right there was possibly the coolest thing you EVER said.

I swear I just don't get you, y'know that?

Lexis 14

Ilyssa 19

Travant 7

Cuan 15

Valora 28

Tathua 17

Blagi 29 (give or take 2; I forgot to check illegitimacy...)

Thias 29

Loti 18

Cathal 22

Haa, I'm tired, so I think that's it for today.

XD;; I think I should be worried... since they're only in the beginning stages its only natural they're a little generic... haha...

Lexis 14

Ilyssa 19

Travant 7

Cuan 15

Valora 28

Tathua 17

Blagi 29 (give or take 2; I forgot to check illegitimacy...)

Thias 29

Loti 18

Cathal 22

Haa, I'm tired, so I think that's it for today.

XD;; I think I should be worried... since they're only in the beginning stages its only natural they're a little generic... haha...

How can Travant be so low like that?

And XD on Blagi. Oh the poor kid. XD

I put in a character I plan on using for a story I plan on writing and he got 23

Hiroshi is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Hiroshi, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Hiroshi is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

How can Travant be so low like that?

And XD on Blagi. Oh the poor kid. XD

:mellow: give him another 2 points if you count crests but that's as high as he'll go for me.

Nevermind, I did it again (not counting the crest), and he scored 17

XD Blagi can't help being 'adopted' either.

Nevermind, I did it again (not counting the crest), and he scored 17

XD Blagi can't help being 'adopted' either.

Who scored 17? Travant?

Because I'm pretty sure Blagi won't be just 17.

And I just tested Liam. He scored 13.

Liam is nothing like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you've kept yourself a goodly distance from Liam and given him plenty of room - maybe a little too much. Don't distance yourself so far from Liam that you stop caring what happens to him.

What do you mean? I sooo cared for him! =[

Markus - 14.

Elbenor - 12.

Elissa - 26.

Dyarl - 12. (That's pretty surprising.)

Shinzou - 20.

Mahlo - 27.

Varon - 21.

I might post some more later, but I've run out of time.

Lyle Dayek is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Lyle Dayek, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Lyle Dayek is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

39 Baby! XD