Fire Emblem 3

JforJeff

So I've been thinking about playing the third Fire Emblem and I'm wondering about some things.

- Is it anywhere near as good as Holy War or Thracia?

- Is it a continuation of the very first Fire Emblem?

- What are some things I need to know about it before I start to play it.

thanks in advance

-J

Whether or not Mystery is as good as Genealogy and Thracia is a matter of opinion. Personally, I thought it was better than Genealogy but not as good as Thracia, but I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree. Mystery contains two games: Book 1, which is a remake of the original, and Book 2 which is its sequel. I can't think of anything you would need to know before playing.

- Is it anywhere near as good as Holy War or Thracia?

....This is Monshou, FE3! How can you compare it to Seisen (FE4) or Thracia (FE5)?

The obvious answer is no. Jugdral is waaaay superior than Akanenia. =P

- Is it a continuation of the very first Fire Emblem?

FE3 was divided into 2 books. Book 1 is a remake of FE1, though in shorter version. While Book 2 is the continuation of Book 1. ^_^

- What are some things I need to know about it before I start to play it.

Jeigan is suck, don't use him (but you are supposed to know this already...)

Best mage in game is Maric~

...Honestly, I can't think anything important to tell you.....OH!

Don't kill/fight Astoria in Book 2.

Yeah, I guess those were all. =/

Edited by Tiltyu

....This is Monshou, FE3! How can you compare it to Seisen (FE4) or Thracia (FE5)?

The obvious answer is no. Jugdral is waaaay superior than Akanenia. =P

Monshou no Nazo has far superior level design than Seisen. Thracia trumps them both.

I'm going to have to say I enjoyed Seisen more than Thracia. I loved Thracia but I think the difficulty of it was a tad overrated. I mean it's one of the few Fire Emblems I cared enough to S rank and it wasn't exuberantly difficult.

S rank isn't. SSS rank is.

FE3 is easy, not much to worry about.

The problem FE3 has is at the time for whatever reason the engine feels like early SNES RPGs in the sense it feels clunky like a NES game but with slightly pritier graphics. It was understandable in 1991 but not when FE3 came out :(

If you can tolerate the slow speed units move at, the slowness of battles (I remember one of the options* makes it so the battles don't pause when the message boxes pop up "Marths Turn", "Marth did 12 damage with the Rapier") and the unskipable dialogue** (opening text is skipable in chapters if you've read it before) you can get read to have a very good time.

*-Another option I remember is one that makes the cursor move faster after moving more than a few spaces in the same ddirection. That is also a must-enable.

**-If you turn text speed to fast its not as bad as the bit of FE7 with the unskipable text that plays on the slowest speed possible :(

Edited by Starwolf_UK

and the unskipable dialogue** (opening text is skipable in chapters if you've read it before) you can get read to have a very good time.
Then again this game doesn't have nearly as much dialogue as most other FE games. Edited by Ike-Mike