Who for Sylvia?

Chalis

I usually have Arthur with a 50+ Kill Elwind and give Tinny a Wind and Tron tome (wind to give her some additional evade... or speed but I've yet to see an instance where she really needs that speed boost). Good enough on them.

Tornado usually goes to Leaf for when he fights high DEF enemies and attacking with Tornado results in the best damage.

Anyways, what's your decision on the Sylvia pairing so far?

Edited by Boo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=O Bolganone is going to Leaf.

Leaf? Why Leaf? And why Bolganon?

If you pair Azel/Fury, shouldn't it falls to Sety's hand instead? And Sety has enough speed to use it anyway. =/

I personally against on giving Leaf any A level tome, I prefer to give him Silver weapons and Rescue Staff. ;D

You can just give Lightning or Elwind to Sety. No need to bother with Bolganon, it's shit.

Bolganon isn't that bad. >_<

As long as it's user has good speed, it's an okay weapon.

Though Lightning is superior. But Sety comes with Lightning, so...

Edited by Tiltyu

There's no way of making up for weapon weight in FE4. Therefore, fire magic is utterly useless in this game. (Except for the Fire Sword, I guess. And you can't get Falaflame, anyway.)

Also, I suggested Elwind because of the kills Levin probably reaped with it.

Edited by TheEnd

Fire Sword at range is as heavy as any Fire spell, so I generally stay clear of that thing too.

IIRC, Fire Sword's Elfire is weighted as heavy as the Fire Sword itself.

And it's still lighter than the actual Elfire tome.

IIRC, Fire Sword's Elfire is weighted as heavy as the Fire Sword itself.

And it's still lighter than the actual Elfire tome.

I checked it out now.

Mekkah is actually right.

No. It's as heavy as Elfire itself when ranged.

Screenshots for good measure. All taken against the same foe (dark mage using Yotsmungand), with the same support bonus, naturally.

Ranged Thunder Sword - enemy has 84% hit.

Ranged Fire Sword - enemy has 94% hit.

Elfire - enemy has 94% hit.

I think I should just cross-post this in the misconceptions thread.

And everyone forgets that every enemy in this game has shit speed and resistance and rarely does anyone even have pursuit.

Whut.

Yet the enemies get quite nice skill. Making it a bit hard to dodge. =(

What makes them hard to dodge is that you have WTA less often, weapons have pretty nice hit, you are always weighed down by a bit and roads give -10% evade.

I kind of wanting to LOL on this. XD;

But Lynn is >>> than Laylea. Even with her Charisma.

Laylea just plainly fails.

Yes, but getting Lynn gets you no Magic Sword, no Berserk Staff, and no priest (Sharlow) that comes with the ultimate skill "Elite". So, Laylea and Sharlow, k thx.

Laylea has reasonable strength and speed growths, compared to Lynn who only has an equivalent speed growth with Levin as a father (but really, LOLSTATS ON A DANCER). The only thing she can really get over her is Luck, Prayer, Magic and HP. Magic can be useful for magic sword attacks (if she can even use them?), but they have better use elsewhere.

and Charisma is generally preferable to Prayer, considering your dancer shouldn't be getting hit anyway.

But she will need a Speed and Shield Ring for her Charisma skill. Since using this skill, you would have to put them out within 3 spaces away from combat. But her only downfall..is that she will lack in growing skill.

I must disagree, Prayer is preferable than Charisma in term for Dancer. It help them to stay alive.

And I found Laylea is a waste of Charisma skill. For me, a Charisma unit needs to be able to dodge or defend itself. Such as Delmud or Nanna, they might not be powerhouse units or something like that, but they can go to the frontline without dying, and that is the most important thing. As for Laylea, she is easy to be killed and most certainly will become the target for the whole enemies. I certainly won't use her Charisma support in the frontline. And there was where I needed Charisma the most.

That was....the shallowest reason to use someone...Not that I have been better though

^See above to solve that problem. Leen is utter phail as she comes with skills that a Dancer don't even need and that you won't get the Berserk Staff and the Barrier Sword. By having laylea,Nanna and Delmudd around your units within three spaces from one another, the bonuses will up to 30% in dodge and hit making the bonuses 2/3 like Cyas' Leadership bonuses. Yes, I have just tested this, and...yes the charisma bonuses can be combined, and it is far more useful than Prayer.

This.

Simply put, a dancer will only be able to fight as a mediocre unit if you put lots of effort (and rings) on her. Therefore, Leen's melee superiority over Laylea is meaningless, so I'd get an extra (better-looking) character with Charisma over her any day.

QFT.

Plus you will get the Berserk Staff and the Barrier Sword, along with the prettiest girl in the game, Laylea. You also will get a better Priest that comes with Elite Skill, even though that Corple is the cuter boy. Come to think of it..Corple does look exactly like Yubello in Book II FE3.

Someone give me a good reason to do Levin/Tiltyu other than Holsety, because I hardly see the benefits.

EDIT:

Because of my bias towards Arthur, Levin/Tiltyu stays.

That is actually one of Levin's top two recommended pairings. The children Arthur and Tinny will come with Critical and continue, so they lack in Pursuit, so what. But their continue skill will make up for that. Plus they can score crits, without having to have half of their life taken with the Wrath skill to activate. Also, the children will inherit this skill as well as Tinny will be able to get A level in Wind upon classchange, allowing her to use Tornado. This is actually my most favorite pairing with Levin. Plus Tinny can get a +5 Magic boost in Chapter 10 by having Celice talk to her after conquering the second castle.

Teeny does well enough with Tron, does she really need anything else?

Besides~ I wanna have fun, not abuse Holsety all the time!

Aww..C'mon. We all know that Wind tomes are the best, they offer the most avoid.

I usually have Arthur with a 50+ Kill Elwind and give Tinny a Wind and Tron tome (wind to give her some additional evade... or speed but I've yet to see an instance where she really needs that speed boost). Good enough on them.

Tornado usually goes to Leaf for when he fights high DEF enemies and attacking with Tornado results in the best damage.

Anyways, what's your decision on the Sylvia pairing so far?

You don't really have to bother to give +50 kills to Elwind when you should be doing that to the Hero Sword and the Holy weapons. Just give a Magic Ring to a high Magic character, and the damage with it will do just fine.

-----

As for me; I would just kill Sylvia off and take the subsitutes. In most..if not all cases, Sylvia is better off to not have any children and taking the subsititues instead.

Yes, but getting Lynn gets you no Magic Sword, no Berserk Staff, and no priest (Sharlow) that comes with the ultimate skill "Elite". So, Laylea and Sharlow, k thx.

But she will need a Speed and Shield Ring for her Charisma skill. Since using this skill, you would have to put them out within 3 spaces away from combat. But her only downfall..is that she will lack in growing skill.

^See above to solve that problem. Leen is utter phail as she comes with skills that a Dancer don't even need and that you won't get the Berserk Staff and the Barrier Sword.

Layla has squat money and the other children running around need that money for their Holy Weapons rather than to spare up some more just so some dancer can SURVIVE. I can only see Berzerk Staff being used in one situation and that's with Yurius + Ishtar, but I won't need that because I already have something equal to three charisma units: Celice and his leadership counts too. And he just has to be somewhat near the other unit, and who knows, that overkill unit might have a lover at that point anyway. I find Layla useless completely and Barrier is not saving her, it's only earning her more money by selling it.

Also, Leen is coming with Defense Sword by default and anything Sylvia might have gotten (Who else would even use this sword? Patty would be too slow with it.)

That is actually one of Levin's top two recommended pairings. The children Arthur and Tinny will come with Critical and continue, so they lack in Pursuit, so what. But their continue skill will make up for that. Plus they can score crits, without having to have half of their life taken with the Wrath skill to activate. Also, the children will inherit this skill as well as Tinny will be able to get A level in Wind upon class change, allowing her to use Tornado. This is actually my most favorite pairing with Levin. Plus Tinny can get a +5 Magic boost in Chapter 10 by having Celice talk to her after conquering the second castle.

Celice is staying single in this run, so I'd rather not ruin those chances.

All I see is bad magic growth and high speed. But because Arthur has Holsety and over kill wind tomes... I'm pretty bias with Arthur.

Edited by Azel

Layla has squat money and the other children running around need that money for their Holy Weapons rather than to spare up some more just so some dancer can SURVIVE. I can only see Berzerk Staff being used in one situation and that's with Yurius + Ishtar, but I won't need that because I already have something equal to three charisma units: Celice and his leadership counts too. And he just has to be somewhat near the other unit, and who knows, that overkill unit might have a lover at that point anyway. I find Layla useless completely and Barrier is not saving her, it's only earning her more money by selling it.

Also, Leen is coming with Defense Sword by default and anything Sylvia might have gotten (Who else would even use this sword? Patty would be too slow with it.)

Celice is staying single in this run, so I'd rather not ruin those chances.

All I see is bad magic growth and high speed. But because Arthur has Holsety and over kill wind tomes... I'm pretty bias with Arthur.

You can use the Berserk Staff to manipulate one of the Dark Wizards in Chapter 10 that is by Jullius and Ishtar, and watch as one of them will kill that Berserked soldier then automatically ending the fight and that this is yet another way to avoid battling them, that is if you didn't pass on the Valkyrie Staff. Try it, it works.

I was going to say this, but you beat me to it! I don't let Laylea keep the sword, I give it to Fee/Feemina. Giving this weapon to her will make her a mage slayer.

Barrier Sword is nice, but I can live without it. You don’t need Berserk Staff unless you are planning to take on Yurius without Narga, but then you still have Berserk Sword to if you are that desperate. It’s quite a good substitute.

Basically you don’t need these two stuffs, they are overrated.

Sharlow…yes, he got Elite. Make him a bit easier to train than Courple. But you have to admit that neither Courple nor Sharlow is going to be useful much in this game. They come really late and REALLY underleved (Lv.1? Unpromoted? WTF?)

What if you forced yourselves to use one of them? Simple answer, pick Courple. Sharlow is an ELITE garbage. He might looks easier to train but turns to be more craptacular. Really, I’ll pass. I spend my effort in raising a unit to see if they become decent or not. And it was very unfortunate that Sharlow fails in to become one.

Even though I believe Laylea > Leen, Corple > Sharlow. The only thing really going for Sharlow is the Berserk staff. Corple can at least have Valkyrie as Claude's son - and, in that case, he can easily Reserve Staff spam to level 20 and beyond.

Sharlow is shit, seriously.

I was going to say this, but you beat me to it! I don't let Laylea keep the sword, I give it to Fee/Feemina. Giving this weapon to her will make her a mage slayer.

Phee is already a mage killer and I though I love Femina, I can't trust her Continue enough to go against any dark priests.

Come to think of it, I paired Dew with Sylvia once. Didn't matter for Leen, but it allowed Corple to actually repair his own junk instead of begging Patty every time.

Phee is already a mage killer and I though I love Femina, I can't trust her Continue enough to go against any dark priests.

As I noticed in my last playthrough, Phee may need a small boost to her mdef (Barrier Sword or Ring) to be an effective mage killer in the Epilogue (read: avoiding Sleep).

I felt dumb when I left the Barrier Sword with Laylea instead of giving it to Femina. What a waste, I didn't use it even once in the end.

As I noticed in my last playthrough, Phee may need a small boost to her mdef (Barrier Sword or Ring) to be an effective mage killer in the Epilogue (read: avoiding Sleep).

I felt dumb when I left the Barrier Sword with Laylea instead of giving it to Femina. What a waste, I didn't use it even once in the end.

Dark Bishops didn't bother with Phee because her luck was so high end game. Easy pickings with Thin Sword.

Speaking of which...

Resistance Ring > Barrier Sword

:o