Who for Sylvia?

Chalis

Before anyone says substitutes-- no. I'm on Leadership too.

I refuse to use Claude. Ever. His lack of skills and god awful parenting are just a no for me. Besides, who even uses Valkyrie with all the save states and such? I might use him to stat boost Sylvie though.

Who would make pretty good children with her?

EDIT#7billion: Sylvia and Bridget seem to be at a standstill for lovers with Holyn and Deu going either way.

Aira, Bridget and Sylvia are still undecided,

Taken (not final):

Lex

Azel

Midayle

Levin

Jamuka

Here are some I'm considering greatly:

Noish

Jamuka

Holyn

Deu

Some I've been told of:

Beowulf

Finn

Midayle

I have tried:

Azel - Uber speed and magic, nice use of magic swords for Leen, grand healer in Corple's favor.

Lex - Defensive/Offensive Leen; Corple can take some hits and level quickly (staff-only).

Some I will never try again:

Alec - It really was bad. Corple was heal-only, and Leen was mediocre (like always).

Levin - Speedy children, mediocre stats. Waste of Holsety under Corple's care.

Claude - Nothing gained but a lousy Valkyrie Staff and some luck.

Never use this one no matter what:

Adan

Edited by Azel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want a crack one? Holyn.

Moonlight Hit!Lynn is surprisingly fun~

Lex, as you already said, created a very good Lynn, though it's mean that you are sacrificing Courple.

Finn? No. Simply no. It would be a waste of Finn's Prayer skill, and Lex just surpass all of he offers except for Luck.

Azel, again you already said it yourselves. Fire Sword!Lynn and ElFire!Courple are great to use~

And I will suggest you Deu, he also offers great growths, and Courple's magic won't suffer as much as with Lex or Holyn (only a bit better, but STILL it's better).

And scratch all who have Duel skill. It won't be funny if your Lynn or Courple has to go through another round just because the stupid skill was activated. Dancer and High Priest DON'T NEED Duel. (Exception for Rana, we all know Lester needs it. And Rana is way better and favorable than Courple.)

I can't really think what Noish has to offer, probably the children will ended up just like Alec's (the only significant different will be they are getting Critical instead of Awareness). >_<

One more,

I agree we shouldn't even think about Adan.

Edited by Tiltyu

Claude, but that's only 'cause if there must be a pairing, pair shit with shit.

I kind of wanting to LOL on this. XD;

Actually, don't pair her. Lynn can be passed. Unfortunately, Corple too :(

But Lynn is >>> than Laylea. Even with her Charisma.

Laylea just plainly fails.

Laylea has reasonable strength and speed growths, compared to Lynn who only has an equivalent speed growth with Levin as a father (but really, LOLSTATS ON A DANCER). The only thing she can really get over her is Luck, Prayer, Magic and HP. Magic can be useful for magic sword attacks (if she can even use them?), but they have better use elsewhere.

and Charisma is generally preferable to Prayer, considering your dancer shouldn't be getting hit anyway.

Edited by Jedor

:( Layla's going to get hit, it's all a matter of is she going to survive it.

=\ Layla's not that easy on the eyes as you would think anyway GIANT FOREHEAD

EDIT:

Let's not make this a battle of the most shallow. I clearly win because I thought that Charisma and Elite looked similar. with Lex/Lachesis; an amazing pairing mind you.

Edited by Azel

and Charisma is generally preferable to Prayer, considering your dancer shouldn't be getting hit anyway.

I must disagree, Prayer is preferable than Charisma in term for Dancer. It help them to stay alive.

And I found Laylea is a waste of Charisma skill. For me, a Charisma unit needs to be able to dodge or defend itself. Such as Delmud or Nanna, they might not be powerhouse units or something like that, but they can go to the frontline without dying, and that is the most important thing. As for Laylea, she is easy to be killed and most certainly will become the target for the whole enemies. I certainly won't use her Charisma support in the frontline. And there was where I needed Charisma the most.

Not to mention, she looks better too--if you're not a fan of pink and green orange and black not too better though

That was....the shallowest reason to use someone...Not that I have been better though

Edited by Tiltyu

Ardan/Sylvia is actually a pairing I recommend a lot. Well, if you want to level up Leen but not Corple, that is. Let Patty sell the Sleep Sword to Leen, then let Leen enter the arena with it. Ambush makes sure that she attacks first after being put to 1HP once. Repeat until she hits and puts the enemy to sleep. Repeat until arena is won, repairing the sword to a few uses inbetween.

Of course, it's easier with Lex, since he has Elite, but I like to put Lex as a dad for kids who actually fight and get shit out of it (rather than Corple who joins late, and Leen, whose stats don't matter anyhow).

Really, the dancer will always be roughly equaly useful no matter which father or if you even pair Sylvia, and Corple always blows.

The only advantage to pairing Sylvia, really, is the fact that you get her to pass down the Leg + Knight Ring combo, allowing Leen to be useful right off the bat. I've never really tried Sylvia and Lex, though...

I've never really tried Sylvia and Lex, though...

Pretty much high HP

Maxed Str

Maxed Def

Speed not too shabby - 30% and more, or something

Obviously high MDef/Res

Luck isn't too shabby either - 30% and more, or something

I don't think these are bad. This pairing is worth to try for, I think.

Laylea has reasonable strength and speed growths, compared to Lynn who only has an equivalent speed growth with Levin as a father (but really, LOLSTATS ON A DANCER). The only thing she can really get over her is Luck, Prayer, Magic and HP. Magic can be useful for magic sword attacks (if she can even use them?), but they have better use elsewhere.

Not to mention, she looks better too

This.

Simply put, a dancer will only be able to fight as a mediocre unit if you put lots of effort (and rings) on her. Therefore, Leen's melee superiority over Laylea is meaningless, so I'd get an extra (better-looking) character with Charisma over her any day.

Except when I want Corple to have a Valkyrie Staff, that is. Which, as explained by the OP, isn't exactly needed when you have savestates... unless you want to do the Balmunk for Lakche trick, I guess.

I must disagree, Prayer is preferable than Charisma in term for Dancer. It help them to stay alive.

And I found Laylea is a waste of Charisma skill. For me, a Charisma unit needs to be able to dodge or defend itself. Such as Delmud or Nanna, they might not be powerhouse units or something like that, but they can go to the frontline without dying, and that is the most important thing. As for Laylea, she is easy to be killed and most certainly will become the target for the whole enemies. I certainly won't use her Charisma support in the frontline. And there was where I needed Charisma the most.

I remember putting Nanna, Delmud, Laylea and Celice around Blume in Chapter 7. It was delicious.

Edited by TheEnd

My personal favorites would be:

Claude x Fury

Leads to a great Fee that is an excellent Healer, and IIRC she can use the Libro Staff. Sety doesn't have Holsety, but he still has Claudes awesome magic growths. The only real way to rape Sety either way is to pair with a Physical using parent...

For your situation, I don't like to pair Sylvia. I feel that Leen is garbage and Corpul comes too late to be helpful. If you don't pair Lex with her (Which leads to a crappy Corpul anyway) it makes it hard for Corpul to catch up. Sure, the Elite ring is there, but someone like Leaf should be using it. Laylea is an excellent dancer IMO and can get the Barrier Sword. Though Sharlow isn't much better then Corpul, he does have semi-decent growths, access to Berserk, and Elite from the start.

I'd rather have a useful dancer that can fight in tight situations and survive than a support-only unit. Support units are great, but they need a shield constantly. The reason I actually want Sylvia paired is because of the following reason that beats any reason than otherwise with Layla:

Leg + Knight

I'm sure you know that Layla is near impossible to earn the money for it.

I am using stat wise pairings (in other words, a fun play-through), so I'll have rings to spare (Leaf will get Elite and Hero and that's it.)

Now with the following information can I get a reasonable pairing for Sylvia?

Edin/Midir

Jamuka is elsewhere and I like pursuit.

Aira/Jamuka

High strength, god-like skill, and continue for Skasha

Lachesis/Lex

A personal favorite of mine; very VERY effective fighters.

Sylvia/Deu

Bargain for both children, wind sword for Leen, okay magic growth for Corple

Fury/Azel

Well rounded to high Sety and Phee

Tiltyu/Levin

Wind magic.

Bridget/Holyn

Over-kill Hp, plenty of swords for Patty, and Lunar hit.

Lex, Holyn, Deu, and Levin are yet to be taken and are the most favorite to use. I like to keep things interesting (meaning I don't like to waste skills) so:

Lachesis with either Lex or Levin.

Sylvia with either Deu, Holyn or Lex.

Tiltyu with either Holyn, Lex, or Deu.

Bridget with either Levin, Holyn, Deu or Lex.

Someone give me a good reason to do Levin/Tiltyu other than Holsety, because I hardly see the benefits.

EDIT:

Because of my bias towards Arthur, Levin/Tiltyu stays.

EDIT2:

Claude X Fury

Azel X Lachesis

Lex went out the window.

Edited by Azel

Someone give me a good reason to do Levin/Tiltyu other than Holsety, because I hardly see the benefits.

I dunno. Very early Holsety on horse? Must be pretty tempting, I guess? (I'm not Levin/Tiltyu fan either, so I am not really sure.)

My suggestions are: Sylvia/Deu, Tiltyu/Holyn, Bridget/Lex, and that's left Lachesis with Levin. =P

Edited by Tiltyu

I'm sure you know that Layla is near impossible to earn the money for it.

That's why you get a thief, though.

Lachesis with either Lex or Levin.

Sylvia with either Deu, Holyn or Lex.

Tiltyu with either Holyn, Lex, or Deu.

Bridget with either Levin, Holyn or Lex.

I usually do Tiltyu/Lex because of Ambush + Wrath. It's beautiful, although Arthur and Tinny end up with a negligible magic stat. However, if you're doing Fury x somebody-not-Levin, then you have to ponder whether you really want to forfeit Holsety or not. Because really, Holsety is enough reason itself (best weapon in the game, pretty much - Narga excluded, because hurr).

I approve of Bridget x Holyn, although the kids' speed is rather mediocre as a result. BUT FAVAL REACHES 80 HIT POINTS.

I'll respectfully avoid commenting on the others.

Edited by TheEnd

Ahead of time: I am completely biased when it comes to Arthur.

I dunno. Very early Holsety on horse? Must be pretty tempting, I guess? (I'm not Levin/Tiltyu fan either, so I am not really sure.)

My suggestions are: Sylvia/Deu, Tiltyu/Holyn, Bridget/Lex, and that's left Lachesis with Levin. =P

I want to keep Lex/Lachesis' amazing brats, though.

Because Mage Knights and Arthur are cool :] As such, I'm slightly biased into that combination.

Hm... I do like Tornado!Arthur... The speed bonus allows a better rate of continue...

EDIT: TheEnd, while Levin/Fury is a fine couple and their children are good, Sety ends up with much better stats all around with Azel, and Phee has a very good use of magic swords (at long last). Really, although Holsety is fine and good, I want to have fun and have an arsenal of weaponry and a well uber balanced army without the sacrifice of Phee who is pretty darn well at maxing out speed alone thanks to Fury and really gets nothing out of Levin.

Edited by Azel

Ahead of time: I am completely biased when it comes to Arthur.

Also guilty.

I want to keep Lex/Lachesis' amazing brats, though.

Then do it.

Hm... I do like Tornado!Arthur... The speed bonus allows a better rate of continue...

Huh? Why bother with Tornado when you get Holsety?

Tornado officially belongs to Tinny. XD

Teeny does well enough with Tron, does she really need anything else?

Besides~ I wanna have fun, not abuse Holsety all the time!

Tron usually goes to Arthur for me. I like to keep my Arthur overpowered

If he already get the best Wind magic here, I don't see a reason why he shouldn't get the best Thunder magic. <3