A better way to have promoted Ike Michiah Sothe...

I guess for Micaiah and Sothe it would be okay cause both of them are pretty mediocre in endgame. Maybe they'd actually be able to oneround enemies without thier mastery skills. No to Ike cause you might as well call him Jesus if you give him a 4th tier. He's already good as he is with his only weakness being resistance (even then, it doesn't matter much since he dodges a lot).

Yeah, Micciah isn't too bad she's just not a super kill all type of unit. Sothe should of had his own unique class....why cant he promote normally when he shares his class with another unit... and its never even that great of a class. Whispers are trueblades lite which isnt good. His mastery skill should've been changed or make it unable to activate against someone at 1hp left so he wouldnt screw himself over sometimes.

Or least he should have better caps compared to his one rival since he's not allowed to promote till super late. Also making he's third tier outfit not as lame would help. :mellow:

I'd like a higher stat Ike. When he got to Ashera the first time I played, he had a 41 percent chance of hitting her. (Yeah, his speed was pretty RNG screwed in my playthrough.) Lots of battle-save abuse followed until I finally killed Ashera. :o

And I'd definitely go for having Sothe promote earlier than he does, and I'm all for Micaiah getting her third tier promotion before the endgame too, please.

I'd like a higher stat Ike. When he got to Ashera the first time I played, he had a 41 percent chance of hitting her. (Yeah, his speed was pretty RNG screwed in my playthrough.) Lots of battle-save abuse followed until I finally killed Ashera. :o

And I'd definitely go for having Sothe promote earlier than he does, and I'm all for Micaiah getting her third tier promotion before the endgame too, please.

Exactly, allow Michiah and Sothe to promote to Archsage and Whisper normally.

Then allow them to promote to a 4th Tier Class at their fixed times.

This four tier business seems a bit overkill/redundant to me o__o

I think the current setup is pretty good, but they should have done away with Sothe's fixed promotion and made Micaiah's promotion to 3rd tier occur around the same time as Ike's.

This four tier business seems a bit overkill/redundant to me o__o

I think the current setup is pretty good, but they should have done away with Sothe's fixed promotion and made Micaiah's promotion to 3rd tier occur around the same time as Ike's.

That would be breaking cycle, considering that almost all Lord's promote fixed and or late.

I figured giving them a whole new promotion to even it out.

Maybe even give them a Lvl.10 Cap.

Edited by Toa Lord Shade

That would be breaking cycle, considering that almost all Lord's promote fixed and or late.

I figured giving them a whole new promotion to even it out.

Hey, they're the guys making the game. I'm sure they can break free of "traditions" if they wanted.

Besides, you could argue that FE10 broke a lot of traditions, such as allowing for 3 tiers, splitting the game into multiple parts, having multiple commanders, etc. Why not break another while they're at it :?

It's not like they haven't done it before. FE9 Ike promotes pretty early compared to FE7 Main Lord, Ephraim, Eirika, Leaf, Roy, etc. Celice promotes at the same time as everyone else of his level.

If Ike was more broken, I'd probably hate him. I hate broken units who make everyone else seem crappy in comparison. Ike is already broken (at least compared to most of the characters). He's got high stats in everything except resistance. He promotes late but it doesn't matter cause he's onerounding everything except generals as a level 1 vanguard. Giving him a fourth tier would make him a god (if he wasn't one already).

Ike is too broken as it is, but still, it'd be nice to have his RES a bit higher on the 4th tier. Ashera one-shot him with a single target magic attack, since his RES was very very stat screwed.

*Revised opinion*

Ike is super powerful. He one-shot Catalena at level 3. No, not one round. One shot. He's too broken to have a fourth tier.

Edited by Camtech075

Yeah Ike is good as he is. If you transfer bonus with him he's a freaking beast since he's very likely to cap strength, skill, speed, and defense.

He starts

Level:11

HP:44

Strength:24 (26)

Magic:2

Skill:28 (30 MAXED)

Speed:23(25)

Luck:14

Defense:21(23)

Resistance:7

Ike starts mighty strong enough and grows fairly consistently... he's speed might be a bit shaky,and his resistance wavers a bit. Though if he kept the same growth rates as in PoR he'd be broken hardcore. I think Ike doesn't need to change at all.

If Sothe had caps like Volke he'd be okay...but this how being forced to tag along with a class that ends up being really meh is a hassle... also Micciah, Ike and Sothe should promote at the same time that would be fair.

Micciah biggest problem with me is her MEH speed if she could be fast enough just to not have to worry about being double so often she'd be perfect. She's becomes more of a healer for me by the end of the game anywhere so I dont really mind it too much. Offense isnt a problem I have in my party anyway.