Could I still use him or her?

James Marshall

I'm thinking about doing A Playthrough of this Game in which I only use The Lords and poor units but I have a question. Can you help?

If a unit that starts out as a poor unit is RNG-Blessed enough that he or she becomes A powerful unit does the fact that he or she was once a poor unit mean that I can still use him or her?

10 minutes ago, James Marshall said:

If a unit that starts out as a poor unit is RNG-Blessed enough that he or she becomes A powerful unit does the fact that he or she was once a poor unit mean that I can still use him or her?

Whatever you decide. This is your play through, not anyone else’s. If you think those rules are cool, then go for it! But if you can’t vibe with them then just don’t do it. Because why do we play games? For fun (usually)! So you go out there, with whichever rule you like more, and you have fun :3

Edited by Sooks1016

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Whatever you decide. This is your play through, not anyone else’s. If you think those rules are cool, then go for it! But if you can’t vibe with them then just don’t do it. Because why do we play games? For fun (usually)! So you go out there, with whichever rule you like more, and you have fun :3

The possible problem is that I've never done A playthrough in which I only use poor units and as I believing in sticking to the rules I didn't know if I'd be allowed to use a unit that started out as a poor unit but ended being RNG-Blessed enough that he or she was a powerful or even very powerful unit

7 minutes ago, James Marshall said:

The possible problem is that I've never done A playthrough in which I only use poor units and as I believing in sticking to the rules I didn't know if I'd be allowed to use a unit that started out as a poor unit but ended being RNG-Blessed enough that he or she was a powerful or even very powerful unit

But you should be able to decide whether you’re allowed or not, don’t you think?

57 minutes ago, James Marshall said:

I know but I want to stick to the rules, but don't know if the rules would permit it and want advise

i think you're allowed to do that.
if said poor units becomes strong from their good growth rates, and you're forced to bench them and switch to another poor unit that you just recruit, 1. you wont have enough poor unit to deploy 2. you're gonna have a really hard time endgame since you may have to bench some of them after they get really strong near endgame(although maybe thats what you want? 🤔)

Edited by joevar

Just now, joevar said:

i think you're allowed to do that.
if said poor units becomes strong from their good growth rates, and you're forced to bench them and switch to another poor unit that you just recruit, 1. you wont have enough poor unit to deploy 2. you're gonna have a really hard time endgame since you may have to bench some of them after they get strong (although maybe thats what you want? 🤔)

I was thinking along the lines of their stats being high due to RNG-Blessing not due to good growth rates but you are right

13 minutes ago, James Marshall said:

I was thinking along the lines of their stats being high due to RNG-Blessing not due to good growth rates but you are right

if its strictly RNG-blessed, all the more reason you can keep them (imo). i mean, its not your fault at all. and the chance you're getting spectacular RNG for all your troops is low or at least not predictable

Edited by joevar

19 minutes ago, joevar said:

if its strictly RNG-blessed, all the more reason you can keep them (imo). i mean, its not your fault at all. and the chance you're getting spectacular RNG for all your troops is low or at least not predictable

Again you are right but I've beaten The GBA version of Fire Emblem 7 3 times and beat The WiiU Virtual Console version 5 times and on all 8 playthroughs that has happened to 1 unit that I'd class as a poor unit

Benching them because they have been RNG blessed just sounds like you're punishing yourself. The whole point of "low tier/poor performance" unit playthroughs is the satisfaction of taking all the crappy units and making strong warriors out of them. Benching them once they become good will only leave you the lord and maybe 2-3 other units to tackle endgame. Personally, I wouldn't bench them because it would make all my effort into training them and setting up kills a waste.

Also, don't worry about breaking rules too much. Nobody will know (unless you post your LP). Seeing a low tier playthrough could be pretty fun though.

Alternatively, if you only want to use units who are doing poorly, you could try a 0% growths or negative growths run or something-FE8 is apparently not too punishing for 0% growths, and FE7 can be done with negative growths.