NG+ Renown Costs Question

------

So I just started my second Black Eagles run on NG+ a couple days ago and I'm trying to buy back everyone's skill levels ASAP. But I've already blown through my initial supply of renown on Byleth and the in-house Eagles, and so I'll probably have to wait on everyone else's skills until chapter 5 when I can really start farming for more renown. In the meantime though, I have to keep training everyone in something, so they don't fall behind. It made the most sense to just set their goals to the skills I'm planning on buying back anyway, so they can at least get into the appropriate beginner/intermediate classes before ch.5. Does this mean though that the cost of buying back those skills will go down as they keep training? For instance, Sylvain had an A in lances on my last run, and when I first recruited him it was very expensive to buy back. But if by ch.5 he's gotten a C in lances just from regular training, will that make buying back the A less expensive since it's a shorter jump?

Just wondering since that would probably save me a ton of renown lol

23 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Yeah it will cost less. It's what 500 per rank, so from C rank to A rank you will be spending 1000 less renown than D to A.

Ah, thanks! That'll be a huge help. I was worried I was gonna have to farm out like 50k renown just to afford everything lol