Wait, so when did Rhea hide the Seiros Shield?

Jotari

Okay, first is it really called Seiros Shield? I could have sworn it was Shield of Seiros. The Sword is Sword of Seiros, why they not keep the same naming format?

Anyway my main point of discussion here, Rhea is deployed in the last chapter of Part 1 with the Sword of Seiros and Seiros Shield equipped. Then, at the end, we get to see her attacked by a bunch of Demonic Beasts and Byleth falls down a hole (at least in the non Crimson Flower routes). So that is the moment she was very definitely captured, right? Everyone says that she disappeared the same day Byleth did, right? So how in the world did she manage to hide the Seiros Shield below Garreg Mach? They say the note you get from her was hastily written before the battle, but she has it during the battle, so what gives? Is that one animated cutscene not the moment of her capture? She managed to get away from Thales and the demonic beasts, write a letter, go down to the tomb, come out again and then get captured? Seems a bit unbelievable...Gameplay story segregation? There are two Shields?

Edited by Jotari

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Gameplay story segregation.

This. Although...

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

There are two Shields?

Maybe? The Sacred Weapons were made by Macuil (I think), so it's not inconceivable that he made duplicates. It's never said there is just one... Just as it's never said there are many... Open to interpretation?

Definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but the main events of Chapter 12 take place at night, but the cutscene is at dawn.

Rhea is standing on a hill overlooking the monastery town, having moved from her earlier position.

Is it possible that in the time after Edelgard fell back, that some time passed before the full force charged in and Rhea proceeded to put the shield away and had prepared otherwise, thinking Adrestia had temporarily retreated in the night? Because that's the only chance I see.

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but the main events of Chapter 12 take place at night, but the cutscene is at dawn.

Rhea is standing on a hill overlooking the monastery town, having moved from her earlier position.

Is it possible that in the time after Edelgard fell back, that some time passed before the full force charged in and Rhea proceeded to put the shield away and had prepared otherwise, thinking Adrestia had temporarily retreated in the night? Because that's the only chance I see.

Possible. But now that makes me question why she only hid the Shield and not the Sword (which is waaay more broken in game) too? Did she think she'd personally need it but didn't think she'd need the Shield? Doesn't make a tonne of sense if she was intending to use the Immaculate One form.

Just now, Jotari said:

Possible. But now that makes me question why she only hid the Shield and not the Sword (which is waaay more broken in game) too? Did she think she'd personally need it but didn't think she'd need the Shield? Doesn't make a tonne of sense if she was intending to use the Immaculate One form.

You're right there. The shield mostly focuses on monsters, which would have been nice considering the scene that follows, but the sword is what it is. It was possible that she was planning on fighting more quickly with just the sword, considering in Maddening she can wield it unencumbered unlike if she also used the shield.

• 4 weeks later...