Ask posts about people sharing their ideas about their charaters,classes.....

Hasechi

armor knights shouldn't have one less movement to begin with. their low speed already gets the point across, and the existence of horse and flying units already puts all foot units at a disadvantage. units that are worse than other foot units are an entirely unnecessary concept. 

5 hours ago, Axie said:

armor knights shouldn't have one less movement to begin with. their low speed already gets the point across, and the existence of horse and flying units already puts all foot units at a disadvantage. units that are worse than other foot units are an entirely unnecessary concept. 

i though the same. Or at least boost their RES stats so they can be true meaning of defense walls. They are weak to so many things : Magic, Armor Slayer, Spd.Skl, ( low hitrate ), low Movement.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:43 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Alright so hear me out.

Armor knight with rally movement.

Bench -> cinch with one easy skill.

Thank you for replying. I really like the thought "Armor knight with rally movement." . make them look like lauchers. What does " Bench -> cinch " mean ?

Edited by Hasechi Meguhami

On 1/4/2021 at 1:00 AM, Hasechi Meguhami said:

Thank you for replying. I really like the thought "Armor knight with rally movement." . make them look like lauchers. What does " Bench -> cinch " mean ?

They would go from a unit that you would automatically bench to a unit that would be "cinched" (assured) to be deployed.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

They would go from a unit that you would automatically bench to a unit that would be "cinched" (assured) to be deployed.

ah, i think i understand now. It's like Aircraft carrier, right ? But can boost bench unit movement spd too 

On 1/3/2021 at 6:03 PM, Axie said:

Not saying the balance has been done well over the series, but the concept isn't unworkable. Anything with clear disadvantages just needs clear advantages.

On 1/7/2021 at 2:13 PM, Clear World said:

Not saying the balance has been done well over the series, but the concept isn't unworkable. Anything with clear disadvantages just needs clear advantages.

Your name fit perfectly what you said

I believe a cool idea for Armor Knights would be to take Awakening's and Fates' Dual Guard, alter it a little to balance it more, and make it an active skill for Armor Knights, which would at least help sell on the idea of them being the headlining infantry that shields the rear.

Im thinking something along the lines of this:

• Conditions: The Armor Knight must use the skill on another unit before End Turn for it to work, the two units must also be at most one tile away from each other at most during enemy phase for the effect to take place.
  • Effect: During Enemy Phase, if the unit that the skill was used on is attacked, they will be guarded by the Armor Knight, and now the damage is calculated as Enemy's STR/MAG + Weapon Might - Unit's DEF/RES + Armor Knight's DEF/RES, rather than automatically nulifying damage, it severely reduces it, sometimes to zero damage, but not always.

Another idea i had was a Armor Knight-exclusive Lance type, Fire Emblem has experimented with class-exclusive weapons in the past, most famously being the Wo Dao being Myrmidon-exclusive in some of the games, or, for a not class-exclusive example, the Lady Sword from FE3/FE12 being exclusive for female characters. For Knights, i think a "Pike" Lance that emphasizes the defensive aspect of Armor Knights and focuses on the Enemy Phase would work best. Im thinking either a Lance that gains more Might when used in Enemy Phase or one that gives an extra Vantage attack before the enemy attacks (Also pretty much guaranteeing doubling if the Armor Knight is attacked). But both of these ideas are just spitballing and could easily not work in practice.

On 1/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, Murozaki said:

Im thinking either a Lance that gains more Might when used in Enemy Phase or one that gives an extra Vantage attack before the enemy attacks (Also pretty much guaranteeing doubling if the Armor Knight is attacked)

I actually like the all of your ideas. But I can't underdtand the idea above. "one that gives an extra Vantage attack before the enemy attacks" . Arent armor knight supposed to be slow. How can they Vantage attack ?

If the Tactician class returns, it should be a mostly non-combatant rally-boy class, with it's skills more focusing on buffing it's allies in exchange for not doing well if it ever finds itself in combat.

At most they use the stat-debuff daggers from Heroes, which would be weak but debuff enemies for their allies.

Maybe it can also as a late-ability get the ability to essentially dance and/or massively buff the stats of one unit.

3 hours ago, Samz707 said:

If the Tactician class returns, it should be a mostly non-combatant rally-boy class, with it's skills more focusing on buffing it's allies in exchange for not doing well if it ever finds itself in combat.

At most they use the stat-debuff daggers from Heroes, which would be weak but debuff enemies for their allies.

Maybe it can also as a late-ability get the ability to essentially dance and/or massively buff the stats of one unit.

You're right. Just like butler class from fate Daggers & Staff.

An idea that I've been thinking about is a sorta "player" version of Dark Druid.

It'd be able to in some fashion gain Quintessence or whatever the lifeforce magic is called in this FE continuity by killing/being near killed enemies (and maybe allies too), using the meter they'd be able to basically use Invoke (except it's naturally more limited than Echoes) to create Morphs.

Maybe they can also do some sort of extremely inefficient (taking up enough magic to cast Invoke at least once or twice) healing with it.

This would be the "Lord" character, they'd also be able to use some sort of in-game currency/item to generate "Permanent" morphs, basically MyUnits who's stats you can customize  (With I guess a mix of the Lord's level/some resource dictating how good you can make them.) so you can fill your army with semi (Since there's still a finite amount of the resources needed) replaceable morphs that you can customize to be what your army needs. (I guess the game would need to have less characters than normal to be balanced around this.)

So yeah you can create both cannon fodder and essentially plotless MyUnits with this lord to help out your army. 

Now that i thought about it, i wonder, wouldn't it be neat for a Fire Emblem game that makes certain action provide more EXP for certain classes?

You could balance it around what the class's intended role in the game is, and make it so that the more infrequent and specific the action is, the more EXP it gives.

Just to spitball two examples, you could have Thieves be able to steal from enemies and gain EXP for it like in some of the games. But rather than a small amount, the amount of EXP they would gain from it would be equal to what they would gain from defeating the enemy in combat if not greater, as stealing is a very infrequent action that Thieves mostly do in very specific scenarios in the games.

For a less specific and far more frequent example, there are Archers and chip damage, typically in Fire Emblem Archers are designed not to be combat gods who one-round the enemies with ease, but to needle down their health from a safe distance for others to finish off, having just enough power to significantly lower the enemy's HP but not enough to finisht them off. Well, why not make it so that they gain double the EXP from chipping damage compared to other classes, it would be a small increase as chipping EXP is small, and it definitely won't magically make Archers top tier, but it would go a long way to make Archers far easier to use for those who do want to use them.

Fire Emblem is an RPG, characters are meant to gain experience and level up so they become better at their specialties, and doing this i feel might help units with more niche uses become easier to use, not become great units, but become easier to use for those who do wish to use them. Archers in specific would become far more easy to use with this as a big issue is that, as they're often designed to be used for chip damage, they won't be able to keep up with the EXP gain of units that are actually meant to defeat enemies, so after a while they won't have enough Strength or Speed to actually do their job properly. Of course, Archers have many other weaknesses beyond their HP gain, and to repeat this change wouldn't make them good units in most of the games, but it would make using them take a lot of less babying. Which i guess is the general idea here, not to make the classes great, but to make using them require less babying and busywork.

oh i ABSOLUTELY think bow-locked classes should gain more experience. very strong idea i have suggested for years now, glad to see other people also coming up with it.

9 hours ago, Murozaki said:

Now that i thought about it, i wonder, wouldn't it be neat for a Fire Emblem game that makes certain action provide more EXP for certain classes?

You could balance it around what the class's intended role in the game is, and make it so that the more infrequent and specific the action is, the more EXP it gives.

Just to spitball two examples, you could have Thieves be able to steal from enemies and gain EXP for it like in some of the games. But rather than a small amount, the amount of EXP they would gain from it would be equal to what they would gain from defeating the enemy in combat if not greater, as stealing is a very infrequent action that Thieves mostly do in very specific scenarios in the games.

We already got that the GBA games, actually. Thieves, Myrrh, and Fa have a lower "class power" compared to other unpromoted classes, which accelerates their XP gains; Bishops, Valkyries, Rogues, and Assassins effectively have a lower "effective level" than other promoted classes (13.33+X instead of 20+X) in the XP formulae. I agree that Archers in particular might be a good inclusion in that list, or maybe their XP gain could be changed that they get more XP from chipping, but not as much XP from a kill, than other classes.

(TIL that Valkyrie is actually the better promotion choice for L'Arachel because it lets her gain significantly more combat XP than Mage Knight. I knew about this difference between Assassin/SM and Bishop/Sage, but I somehow didn't register that Valkyries also get the lower effective level)

Bow/Staff Falcon Knights that promote from bow-only or staff-only Pegasus Knights.

Essentially makes them the ultimate offensive support class. Flying staff utility is balanced out by bow-locked offense, which has significant upsides and downsides. On the one hand, they can harass melee units and bait mages on enemy phase with greater ease, and they can track down enemy fliers in tough to reach places. On the other hand, it leaves them hard-countered by any grounded bow unit and they cannot enemy phase other Falcon Knights without a huge risk. Plus, in terms of lore, a bow makes sense as the weapon of choice for someone riding the timid, heavy metal-averse pegasi.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:23 AM, Axie said:

oh i ABSOLUTELY think bow-locked classes should gain more experience. very strong idea i have suggested for years now, glad to see other people also coming up with it.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:46 PM, X-Naut said:

Bow/Staff Falcon Knights that promote from bow-only or staff-only Pegasus Knights.

Essentially makes them the ultimate offensive support class. Flying staff utility is balanced out by bow-locked offense, which has significant upsides and downsides. On the one hand, they can harass melee units and bait mages on enemy phase with greater ease, and they can track down enemy fliers in tough to reach places. On the other hand, it leaves them hard-countered by any grounded bow unit and they cannot enemy phase other Falcon Knights without a huge risk. Plus, in terms of lore, a bow makes sense as the weapon of choice for someone riding the timid, heavy metal-averse pegasi.

Yeah, cause bow units cant attack close range like mage