Should archers have 1-range with bows?

Benice

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True.

But if you haven't an army of GF users with insane stats to wipe scores of enemies off the map each turn, and instead have to do a lot more solitary enemy-phasing, then staying on foot is slightly easier on my mind whilst not costing a skill slot for Iote's Shield/Bowbreaker.

True, but

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

an army of GF users with insane stats to wipe scores of enemies off the map each turn

Is what Awakening ultimately boils down to.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Is what Awakening ultimately boils down to.

Ultimately... after one small kalpa of grinding. That'll take a while for one character in a no-grind run of the story, getting a full or near-full team of GFers will be practically impossible for that. And I'm considering that as my Awakening standard.

It's a whole lot less feasible than a full wing (I think thats the largest term for a group of military planes) of Wyvern Lords in 3H. Or a PoR BEXP dump. 

I don't think anyone would attach grind limits to the Grandmaster trials and Apotheosis, and so it's there where the GFx15 or whatevs the unit limit will come out in full force. After about... 200 runs of Lost Bloodlines 3?

And of course, this is where bows would shine in Awakening, at looooong last after an entire maingame of buried in the dirt. Unless you're the Jamke Einherjar, who is fairly good.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ultimately... after one small kalpa of grinding. That'll take a while for one character in a no-grind run of the story, getting a full or near-full team of GFers will be practically impossible for that. And I'm considering that as my Awakening standard.

It's a whole lot less feasible than a full wing (I think thats the largest term for a group of military planes) of Wyvern Lords in 3H. Or a PoR BEXP dump. 

I don't think anyone would attach grind limits to the Grandmaster trials and Apotheosis, and so it's there where the GFx15 or whatevs the unit limit will come out in full force. After about... 200 runs of Lost Bloodlines 3?

And of course, this is where bows would shine in Awakening, at looooong last after an entire maingame of buried in the dirt. Unless you're the Jamke Einherjar, who is fairly good.

Don't even need a full team when Robin can solo the game.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Don't even need a full team when Robin can solo the game.

...Which means enemy phasing, which means bad for bows. And not so good for fliers either, since sooner or later, you likely will have to deal with an enemy phase with Silver Bows, and therein lay a possible problem.

GF is great in any dose, but the quantity necessary to make fliers 100% use & forget or bows good in Awakening, is more than a single user of it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer