List 2 things that you believed for many years

James Marshall

I. I mistook Midori's backpack (is that what it calls) for wheelchair for years before I got chance to play Fates myself. Not to mention the 1st time I saw her on Youtube LP she was Mechanist which further solidifies my belief that she can't walk and therefore needed that mechanical bull to help her move around the battlefield.

2. I thought sword-locked classes are good because they get killing edge and extra crit chance.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:28 PM, Alastor15243 said:

2: Never go for the mounted promotions. Movement is a dump stat that doesn't even work in the arena.

Pretty clever ngl. Who needs movement unless you're going for ranked runs.

1) I thought for ages that binding blade used 1 RN. Turns out I just wasn't reading the numbers. That's super common though

2) The first few times I played Radiant Dawn, I had no idea that 3rd tier classes existed. I was really bad at the game (go figure, I was a child) and could only really get through parts 1 and 2. I never put together the fact that Elincia was gaining no EXP because she was in a tier 3 class, or that weapon ranks above S existed, and I never actually looked at the Black Knight's stats (he was stealing my exp!). I was just happy to play as the Dawn Brigade over and over.

18 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I. I mistook Midori's backpack (is that what it calls) for wheelchair for years before I got chance to play Fates myself. Not to mention the 1st time I saw her on Youtube LP she was Mechanist which further solidifies my belief that she can't walk and therefore needed that mechanical bull to help her move around the battlefield.

Not the worst idea for a character. Wouldn't work all that well in a game with reclassing though.

18 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

2. I thought sword-locked classes are good because they get killing edge and extra crit chance.

They're great in Binding Blade.

technically sword-locked characters are also great in gaiden/echoes, but that's to be expected when axes are not playable and the only characters to wield two different types of attack are promoted alm and priestesses.

swordmasters are also not bad in fates since it's a game with actual ranged swords (you can get a kodachi in conquest, right?).

speaking of midori, it's not really a wrong belief i have/had because i always knew she is kaze's daughter, but whenever i read her name i immediately think "oh, mozu's daughter", and i don't even know why. i didn't even pair kaze and mozu in my first fates playthrough or anything. i only did it in a later playthrough after i realized i kept thinking of midori as mozu's daughter anyway.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, MagicCanonBalls said:

Swords are just another option at your disposal. People will rag on and on about how they're bad because no 1-2 range but to be honest 75% of enemies are only equipped with 1 range anyway. If your plan is to stand still on player phase then kill dozens of enemies on enemy phase, use whatever tool works for that purpose. Sometimes that tool is a sword.

I especially think it's rich when the same people who complain about sword-locked units being bad will turn around and complain that their units miss often. Use your tools

On 3/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, OriginalRaisins said:

Swords are just another option at your disposal. People will rag on and on about how they're bad because no 1-2 range but to be honest 75% of enemies are only equipped with 1 range anyway. If your plan is to stand still on player phase then kill dozens of enemies on enemy phase, use whatever tool works for that purpose. Sometimes that tool is a sword.

I especially think it's rich when the same people who complain about sword-locked units being bad will turn around and complain that their units miss often. Use your tools

That depends on the game, honestly. For example, I'd say swords are bad in Blazing Blade between the many lance units and the enemies generally being weak and slow. When enemies are easy to kill, swords suffer because their lack of range limits their enemy phase efficiency.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:26 AM, Axie said:

swordmasters are also not bad in fates since it's a game with actual ranged swords (you can get a kodachi in conquest, right?).

You can, but there is the fact that Fates in general nerfed throwing weapons, which means you can't rely too much on them.