Best FE9 Character

Best FE9 Character  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the best Character in Path of Radiance?

• Ike
    • Rolf
    • Boyd
    • Oscar
    • Haar
    • Ranulf
    • Mist
    • Soren
    • Stefan
    • Haar
    • Black Knight
    • Laguz Kings
    • Kieran
    • Reyson
    • Volke
    • Mia
    • Zihark
    • Jill
    • Other Character
    • Titania

Volke?!

Lethality may have a powerful effect but it doesn't trigger enough to be useful. His damage is forgettable. Are you seriously rating a character as one of the best because of chest opening?

Someone please explain why Stefan is one of the best... His luck is terrible for a swordmaster (and thus he has the lowest dodge for any swordmaster.) His damage is equal to or less than Zihark's (don't even give me that Vague Katti garbage. Its a last resort weapon and can be used by any sword user with an S in swords.) His defenses are definitely inferior to Zihark's.

The only real advantage to using Stefan is that he comes in at a very high level for when he joins (probably being the highest leveled member of your party at that point) and turns out to be a reasonably good character for the remainder of the game (so long as you don't over-rely on him until he can actually gain a good amount of experience.)

Ike is definately the best unit in the game. He has awsome strength, defense, speed, and skill and has. Ike also has no issues with playability (he's available for every chapter in the game).

Not to mention the fact that Ike gets both Ragnell and Aether. With those two, Ike can not only kill anything from 1 to 2 spaces, but he can also do so without losing a single HP. In past playthroughs, I've beaten almost the entire last half of the game with only Ike. Ike is the Titania of the last half of the game.

And Ike isn't great until after promotion. He's just average for the first seventeen chapters, then above average for the rest of the game. Ragnell makes Ike the best for all of two chapters; not enough to be the best character.

And Ike isn't great until after promotion. He's just average for the first seventeen chapters, then above average for the rest of the game. Ragnell makes Ike the best for all of two chapters; not enough to be the best character.

Actually he's (in many cases) the 2nd best character on your team, not counting Gatrie and Shinon who aren't available for long, in all of the levels up to the 2nd defensive mission (and he's capable of holding a side on his own there to). After that the units can start promoting (usually I don't get a promotion until the chapter Blood Runs Red in Hard Mode and its always Boyd) and surpass him.

Once he promotes he's a bit above average (especially with Aether.)

Once his level gets up enough, he's one of the single strongest members of your team.

And finally when he gets the Ragnell, he is the most powerful member of your team, not counting the Laguz kings.

Edited by Chris Lionheart

Actually he's (in many cases) the 2nd best character on your team, not counting Gatrie and Shinon who aren't available for long, in all of the levels up to the 2nd defensive mission (and he's capable of holding a side on his own there to). After that the units can start promoting (usually I don't get a promotion until the chapter Blood Runs Red in Hard Mode and its always Boyd) and surpass him.

Once he promotes he's a bit above average (especially with Aether.)

Once his level gets up enough, he's one of the single strongest members of your team.

And finally when he gets the Ragnell, he is the most powerful member of your team, not counting the Laguz kings.

No. Not exactly. Boyd with his axes will be dealing great damage, and due to his WTA against most enemies won't make it hard for him to survive at all.

And Swordsalmon already conceded your last three points.

I usually have Boyd one rounding almost everything by chapter 5 or 6. Ike has trouble one rounding some enemies and he really isn't the best until he promotes. My Boyd usually turns out to be one of the best characters. His defense is a little shady but as long as he survives I don't really care cause he brings death to anyone he faces.

A max stat steel axe does wonders with Boyd.

Seriously, in my current playthrough, I got him to lvl 20/20 on like...that chapter with all the priests... but i didnt attack any priests... and I gave him a max forged steel 'Super Axe' and he had 100% accuracy on a SWORDSMASTER.

And finally someone else votes for Rolf!

Edited by SunMoonSky

As the topic is asking for the best character, not the most useful character, I have no choice but to vote for Other Character/Marcia.

This also lets me change my vote to anyone else that's not listed if I ever feel like it~

Everybody has a different definition of "best", and with "best", I mean "most useful".

The first post in this thread should've been a bit more specific.

A max stat steel axe does wonders with Boyd.

Seriously, in my current playthrough, I got him to lvl 20/20 on like...that chapter with all the priests... but i didnt attack any priests... and I gave him a max forged steel 'Super Axe' and he had 100% accuracy on a SWORDSMASTER.

He's so strong that he does fine with normal steel axes. Definately my fave character in this game and RD.

• 2 months later...