Yuli's Sprites.

Yuli

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drat, I shouldn't have extend the head. I'll fix and edit in. D:

Edit:

Since I extended Saul's face by one pixel, I lowered it by one pixel to try make the head size normal. I've also raised the right eye up by one pixel and messed around with the left eye a bit.

2vuk9le.png

Edited by Yuli

Oh yes, now you mentioned it, I should have changed it when I changed the face. And the nose too. :x

Fix and edit later. Lazy now.

Edit: 2vd083q.png

I changed the headband, but I left the nose. I don't know why, but the straight nose really appeal to me. o~o

Edited by Yuli

Oh yes, now you mentioned it, I should have changed it when I changed the face. And the nose too. :x

Fix and edit later. Lazy now.

Edit: 2vd083q.png

I changed the headband, but I left the nose. I don't know why, but the straight nose really appeal to me. o~o

Its not bad, but you could work a little on the chin. As you can see, if you have good eyes, there is a shadow on his jawline. His right side.

I just realised he has the straight-mouth thing that a lot of your mugs have. Intentional or not, I think it looks unemotional (as in, no emotion at all) rather than grim, or serious. I think it's the colours and the shading.

• 1 month later...
1z5uqv6.png

Bleheh, I haven't sprite in awhile. I wanted to try out making battle sprite and here's my first attempt. ;D

I used Ephraim, a Wyvern Knight, and Lyn.

Looks awesome. Seriously. If it fully worked as a animation and/or had something to promote from, I'd ask to use it...

Looks awesome. Seriously. If it fully worked as a animation and/or had something to promote from, I'd ask to use it...

If I get a full sheet. I can put it into frames and code it into Xeld's editor

Edited by Ranger

• 2 weeks later...
http://i41.tinypic.com/1z5uqv6.png

Bleheh, I haven't sprite in awhile. I wanted to try out making battle sprite and here's my first attempt. ;D

I used Ephraim, a Wyvern Knight, and Lyn.

Soldier promotion?

EDIT:

Oh drat. I must have missed your post. D:

I'll edit it in when I finish.

Edit:

Here it is; 2dioy9w.png

T-That looks like My Tormod!

I copied someone's mug before I even saw it

Edited by Bonestorm99

a0dtzb.png

Face sprite~

I used Sue and Lilina.

Same problems with the way you've shaded the breasts as usual. They look more like pecs than breasts. The eye furthest away should be completely showing at that angle.

Eye showing what angle? :x

He means because of the angle the face is looking, one should be able to view both eyes fully. Not exactly sure how to fix it myself, try extending her left eye to the outline.

Edited by Bohemund

• 3 months later...

I'm making myself a new avatar. ;p

I haven't sprite for awhile though. How is it?

EDIT: I changed my mind, I'll edit it more before posting it up. :x

Edited by Yuli

The facial features are too far on to one side of the face, especially the nose and mouth. The mouth seems a bit wide as such. The neck is really long, and her shoulders are at uneven angles.

Good to see you're back, was kind of boring with not much art to critique.

Anyhow...

More of the collar bone is showing on one side more than the other. Basically meaning shoulder strap/dealies are of unequal thickness.

2ih56dd.png

I moved the collar bones around shorten the neck by one pixel. Ignore the missing arm.

I might change back the face next time though. I don't like how it looks now.

Edited by Yuli