Left 4 Dead

Fox

I bought Left 4 Dead a few days ago through Steam, and I'm pretty pleased with it. The lack of more modes makes me question exactly what my fifty dollars went to, but I'm hoping Valve will pull through like they did with Team Fortress 2 and update the game with more campaigns.

Anybody else have it? Fancy a game with another SFer? Looking for a few second opinions before you buy it? Discussion pertaining to Valve's latest title goes here.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOST AMAZING FPS EVER!

Me n Masu make a hilarious team in this. XD

*smoker pin's lettuce*

Lettuce:OH MY GOD ERIC HELP ME!!!!!

Me:OKA-*smoker grabs me* HOLY SHIT!

And they were never heard from again.

Alright. All I need is my STEAM account name, right? If so, it's 'klallen1991' (as I said, it's my brother's account).

we were kinda talking about the 360 version :/ besides Fox.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd argue that the 360 version is inherently inferior, considering you have to pay to play online, will probably have to pay for content we PCfags will probably get for free (you can thank MS, not Valve, for that bit of avarice), and have to deal with the fact that FPSes just control better on PCs in general. To each his own, I guess.

You can find me under the name SwordSaint on Steam. My display name is Der Kommissar.

Oh, and don't fuck with the fucking witch.

Edited by Der Kommissar

All Resident Evil games are short. It's just a matter of having already played the game beforehand, and knowing exactly where to go, as well as to hardly preserve specific weapons, items, and ammo for boss fights. There's a reason even in the first game, and unlockable was obtainable if the game was finished in under three hours.

There's a bunch of games that can be finished in less than a day. At least Resident Evil 2 gave a reason or three as to trying the game once again after finishing, moreso than a few bonuses.

I'd argue that the 360 version is inherently inferior, considering you have to pay to play online, will probably have to pay for content we PCfags will probably get for free (you can thank MS, not Valve, for that bit of avarice), and have to deal with the fact that FPSes just control better on PCs in general. To each his own, I guess.

You can find me under the name SwordSaint on Steam. My display name is Der Kommissar.

Oh, and don't fuck with the fucking witch.

Listen to this man.

Seriously guys, if a game comes out on PC and a Console, 95% of the time the PC version is better. Probably MORE actually. :D

If only for the fact that users can create their own campaigns, thus an almost endless amount of what Valve has already shortened us on. In other words, if only for mods, the PC versions of games superior.

Yesh. And PC always has superior online, if only for it being free. :P And mouse is usually better for most games. :D

Listen to this man.

Seriously guys, if a game comes out on PC and a Console, 95% of the time the PC version is better. Probably MORE actually. :D

Actually nowadays that's more like 80 to 90%.

A lot of poor console titles are ported to PC with inferior controls and many bugs and glitches. :(

• 4 weeks later...

i've got it for the 360 and love it....only problem is i would have to pay my own xbox live to play it online.

my brother and i play this game religiously, and he rarely plays games that come out past 2000....honestly, i think he only plays the SNES and a few other games..

anyways, he and i are wondering if you really need four actual players to take a campaign on extreme.

tanks destroy us...and our stupid computer characters, though helpful at times, are ridiculously stupid most of the time and always get in our way or stick around to get killed while we take cover.

so is extreme possible with only two players?

i've got it for the 360 and love it....only problem is i would have to pay my own xbox live to play it online.

my brother and i play this game religiously, and he rarely plays games that come out past 2000....honestly, i think he only plays the SNES and a few other games..

anyways, he and i are wondering if you really need four actual players to take a campaign on extreme.

tanks destroy us...and our stupid computer characters, though helpful at times, are ridiculously stupid most of the time and always get in our way or stick around to get killed while we take cover.

so is extreme possible with only two players?

I wouldn't try Expert without four human players. Bots are retarded even in matches set to easier difficulties. Even with four people, Expert is incredibly tough.

Edited by Fox