FE5 Tier List

Mekkah

Not only does Trewd have Machua-like offence without the PCC, but his defence is much lower, and he comes under-levelled. Lower Mid definitely seems fair for him.

I think Salem around Homer's level is actually pretty fair. Linoan/Sara at bottom of high though.

Edited by IOS

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know if Linoan's 2-3 chapter lead on Sleuf compensates for A staves vs. C staves. Yeah, she has combat and Resire and all that, but her combat is really nowhere near good.

Edited by Ninji

I can also agree with the Salem to Homer's level. Salem might be a bit dependent on the Wind Tomes, but he can still pull decent offense along with staff hax. After promotion, he can pull durability as well. Get him to 16 speed, he can double those with 0 AS with the deadly Jormungand. Granted at that point it's probably only dark mages, but being the best anti-dark mage is still pretty awesome to boast. They aren't hard to capture, you should have plenty of it.

Any1 think Amalda could move up? Elite Sword + Staves helps her level up quickly and it's quite possible for her to reach B rank which gives her use of Fortify, Rescue and Silence while already being able to use Sleep with her base C rank. Heim scroll helps her MAG level up and she can put Elf to sleep for what it's worth (19 MAG + 7 from M Up + 5 from Fire Sword or 16 MAG + 5 Fire Sword + 10 from Magic tile if you for some reason ran out of M ups).

Edited by ?!

Elite sword has 40 uses, I think it'd be broken by now.

You can preserve one use and all she'd have to do is equip it and use staves. That last use is going to do what, 10-100 EXP for its last user? You'd get more out of it by having Nanna and/or Amalda keep that last use of the Elite Sword for when they're using Staves.

Nevermind the fact that others could simply equip it while in range of Ballistae/Bows for more EXP.

Edited by ?!

Elite sword has 40 uses, I think it'd be broken by now.

You can use the repair staff, there is another elite sword in chapter 22 (you have to capture though). 80 uses throughout the game is more than enough.

About the Trewd thing I mentioned about him moving down. He needs to go down below dalshien I think at least. Not only does he come late, he has huge offense problems and even if he is raised, he will just be a below average fighter. When Xavier, Delmudd, and Amalda join they completely beat him. Not to mention Glade and Fred having much more durability and better bases than him, while having decent growths.

Trewd below Dalshien sounds good to me. And Salem should be right above Homer.

Just a general question: Are we assuming that we're warp skipping some of the later chapters? This would definitely reduce the importance of some of the lategame characters. Just curious what everybody thinks about this.

Eh, almost every chapter can be warp skipped. I'd like to either assume no chapter is "warp skipped" or that it's an option that is better or worse depending on the chapter. tbh I don't think it affects anyone much. Sety is one of the people providing Warp skip options to begin with and Galzus is extremely helpful even if you use Warp in the last chapter. Or are you referring to other chars?

I'll move up Salem some more.

Here is something to contend:

Eda to the top tier of bottom tier? Her base Defense which is rather mediocre, especially dismounted, but she still beats Misha's defense somewhat solidly and she has availibility advantages and gains EXP faster therefore making her better than Misha

Edit: Eda's durability is better physically 9 def 22hp unpromoted vs 6 def 28HP promoted, ok fine they are similar defensively, but Eda is around when flying still has its uses. So small boon for her?

Edited by Brighton

While its true that Eda can gain more exp and is available for more maps than Misha but I want to bring some points.

Growth Rates Misha has better growth rates than Eda, yes Eda will probably surpass her if you level her but how can she get kills if the map she joins is full of armors who have 13-17 defense I believe.. of course Eda can use the killer lance she has but she'll have to critical twice to kill an armor, and she'll take a counter attack, therefore making it pretty hard for her to kill some of the armors due to them having axes, unless if you want Eda to dismount.

Weapon Ranks Since Fe5 it takes forever to raise weapon skills having a high weapon skill helps. Misha starts with an A in swords and A in lances Eda starts with a D in swords and B in lances, of course you can raise Eda's sword skill that is if it does raise.

Durability While it's true they both will suffer from ballistas in later maps, however there are a lot of dark mages in lategame Misha's already 13 magic helps her survive against the dark mages better than Eda would.

Utility and Efficiency Both Eda and Misha are capable of transporting, and capturing units with less than 20 build and yes both aren't good at capturing enemies. I believe I might be wrong about the double formula in this but I believe its you need at least 4 more speed than opponent to double, yes Eda got that nice killer lance to start but however her speed drops to 4 (from 9 speed) since her build is 5 and killer lance weighs 10, so she won't be doubling for a while and might have to contend with killing enemies in 2-4 rounds of combat. Misha has six build which is one more build than Eda and 16 speed, so Misha's starting strength isn't that good either however she can double a lot more than Eda when Misha joins which lets her kill enemies in 2 or 3 rounds of combat. which allows her to kill more efficiently than Eda would. Both don't have impressive Pursuit Counters Eda (1) Misha (2) however of course Misha would have a better chance than Eda at critical hits.

(Of course people will disagree with me but this is what I have to say)

Edited by Cyas

Could Amalda go up due to possible staff utility? She joins with C in Staffs, enough to use the Sleep and Reblow Staffs, and if she gets to a B she can use both Silence and Rescue. She can also equip the Fire Sword to somewhat fix her average Magic with the boost it provides.

In response to Eda and Misha. 5 levels.

Eda 10/1

25 HP, 11 Str, 5 Mag, 10 Skill, 14 Speed, 12 Def, 13 Luck, 6 Build

Misha wins 3 HP, 8 mag, 1 skill and 2 Speed. Eda wins 3 Str, 6 Defense and 7 Luck. So Eda has a major defensive lead while being a bit better offensively, though I suppose Misha is better against...mages...

Thing is though with 8 Str? At that point, you are not having shiny offense. She's dependant on magic swords, of which could easily be broken by then aside form her own Wind Sword, of which Amalda would put to better use due to not sucking. Eda has the advantage of not being weapon dependant.

Do keep in mind her leveling speed and joining quite a bit earlier than Misha as to help close the level gap. The higher Eda gets before promotion, the harsher she starts ti win. Example, let's say we got Eda to level 14.

27 HP, 12 Str, 6 Mag, 12 Skill, 16 Speed, 12 Def, 14 Luck, 6.4 Build (meaning unlike Misha, she actually will get build sooner)

Misha wins 1 HP and 7 Mag. Literally her only wins at this point. On the other hand, Eda now has a 4 Str, 1 skill, 7 Def, 8 Luck lead.

Granted it is said that Misha has weapon rank, but do note that we can dismount Eda to build sword rank, and this helps her level up a bit faster as well (as dismounting lets the person level somewhat faster). Eda has D (10) swords, so she can get it to C in relevant time. All she'd care for is some sort of armorslaying weapon for indoor maps anyways.

However, I'd say that durability matters a crapload more. Weapon rank is good, but staying alive is better. Especially since this carries outside as well, where her durability matters a lot more, as this means Eda is better at fling around due to not dying so easily. She doesn't even have to worry about getting crit-blicked as much. If the enemy has 4 skill, they have opportunity on Misha.

Eda being more durable all around>Misha's sword rank.

Oh, and support with Dean, for what it's worth. +10 crit for her, but with his PC it's +30 crit for him.

Edited by Robo Ky

• 2 weeks later...

Why exactly is Cyas > Eyvel?

Staffs, three leadership stars, and the fact that he doesn't make you go to 24x which is the hardest chapter without warp staffs and rescues, and when Evyel rejoins she'll be too weak to do anything.

help in 24 + final (+24x if you go there) vs help in ch1, ch2, ch2x, ch3, ch5, then massive fail in 24x and final. Either can be argued, much depends on whether you rescue and/or deploy Eyvel at the last few chapters or not. If you don't, she arguably did a lot better. If you do weigh it against her, Cyas wins.

As much as a murderstrom she is at the start, Jeigen utility is far from necessary earlygame. Othin and Halvan can annihilate just as well.

Cyas on the other hand has 3 leadership and staffs. That alone destroys anything she might have had, considering how useful staffs are lategame. Leadership when stacked is also pretty fearsome.

Not disagreeing to it, but keep in mind she does have that Leadership star and it's useful for people like Dagda and co. when their accuracy isn't in tip-top shape. In fact, it makes it easier to capture the boss in C1 with Dagda + Hammer (sucks that I couldn't capture him because I screwed up placement).

Again, though, Cyas's lategame help seems useful.

As much as a murderstrom she is at the start, Jeigen utility is far from necessary earlygame.

"Necessary" is a word that has no place in a tier list.

As much as a murderstrom she is at the start, Jeigen utility is far from necessary earlygame.

"Necessary" is a word that has no place in a tier list.

I'll rephrase it.

Most people on the cast are killing anyways at her time of "glory", and killing is all she's useful for.

Let's not forget that she is completely invincible in the first few chapters. Who cares if Othin and Havan have offense on par with her when she can take on as many enemies on an enemy phase as she wants, and she can attack bosses and weaken/kill them without fear of death.

It's not really that major, but still. She doesn't just have offense. Far from it.