Stats rolling over in FEGBA?

Mekkah

I turned FE8 Garcia into a Sage with really high Mag, and while he usually has it just fine for his joining chapter and the next, as soon as I restart a chapter, it rolls over to --, or something lame like 28. I've tried toggling with the Sage base, cap and Garcia's own Str/Mag base, but the problem keeps occurring. Is there some kind of maximum I need to know of? I always thought it'd be 127/128/255/256, but I can't even get him to keep something like 60-70 reliably.

I believe the maximum growth is 128%, so that might be your problem as well. If you didn't even touch growths, though, then it must definitely be something else...

A stat can go up to 127 before looping back round. But there is one problem. The S-RAM will only save values up to 31 for a possible 32 values (0 counts as a possibility).

So basically, class stat caps shouldn't go higher than 31 but since that looks ugly (unless you change the luck cap to be 31) stick with 30. also I'm pretty sure if your base stat gains go past the stat cap you'll end up at the stat cap...

I believe the maximum growth is 128%, so that might be your problem as well. If you didn't even touch growths, though, then it must definitely be something else...

FE6 Karel says no. Growth rates (obvious) can be anywhere from 0% to 255%. At least for player characters. I don't delve into stupid growth numbers either palyer or enemy so don't know if either break...

Edited by Starwolf_UK