I've officially given up on this game.

Not really. In most cases, early game is easier. Applies to most games.

FE 4-10 are all arguably more difficult early game, I believe FEDS is as well, but I haven't played it. When all the units are down near base level, the enemy stats are a lot closer to the playable characters, but by the late game the PCs have seriously outgrown the majority of enemies.

The difficulty of levels in the game is very imbalanced. I have never heard of a game that is so hard at first and then so simple at the end.

Sothe, Tauroneo, Volug, etc. They're good. Use them.

Stop trying to level your Edwards and Megs. They suck.

It's not hard. You get someone or multiple someones who can solo the map for almost every chapter of part 1.

Edited by Reikken

Oh, really? The end is too easy?

What about the Dragon chapter at the end? That chapter is hard as hell on Normal, and it took me 5-6 retries to get through it without anybody dying on me. What about Ashera, where you have to take down all those shields and somehow work out miracles in the midst of those AOE attacks and the singular attacks that leave huge mark on you? And also, let's not forget what happens if you've neglected certain units throughout the game during the entirety of Part 4...

And why the hell did I think this was the Path of Radiance board?

The dragon one? That was one of the easiest in the game for me. Every time, I can take out the king in just one turn, and Kurth gets a free pass to kill everything in the level. And the dragons are simple to kill.

Ashera was also easy. And even if a unit dies, it doesn't matter. All you have to do is have your mages heal everyone who gets hurt, and have the Nihil users pound her Aura. I can tke out at least one each turn. Mostly two.

Part 4 was very easy. I just even out the three teams. Tibarn and Elincia are the only units that the Hawk Army needs, because they can easily duo those levels. For the other two teams, I just distribute the ~10 good units I have, and I'll only use those units in the levels. It's easy.

The way I play, I literally don't use anyone except for who I'll bring to the end, and I'll also use a couple others like Titania. But I'll use everyone in the early chapters.

Endgame isn't that hard without laguz royals. I think its more fun since you need to use strategy instead of sending a royal into the middle of a bunch of enemies.

Now try it without fortify, one Nihil, a Micaiah that dies in one hit at 20/20, 3 healing staffs total and no healers that take more than one hit.

Now try it without fortify, one Nihil, a Micaiah that dies in one hit at 20/20, 3 healing staffs total and no healers that take more than one hit.

So your saying we should invent additional difficulty in order to make the game fun? Ye... no. I know I have better things to do--like Hearts of Iron. If anyone but the most pro player has to play any game with one arm tied behind their back, just to make it fun, that speaks very poorly for it's balance.

Due to not knowing how to prepare myself for Ashera and not looking stuff up beforehand, I am now in that aforementioned situation.

Sturategy?

Due to not knowing how to prepare myself for Ashera and not looking stuff up beforehand, I am now in that aforementioned situation.

Sturategy?

...oh. I thought you were suggesting that we do that, not that that's what you had to do. There goes my veneer of sophistication.

Apologies for haranguing you, then. =[

Edited by Commissar Gaunt

Even if its a little easy later in the game, its still fun watching your units kill the enemies and most of the later maps have TONS of enemies so they won't be finished that quickly.

Part 1's hard cause almost everyone has low defense and a lot of them are also underleveled.

Part 2 has no healer or broken characters so you have to waste turns using vulneraries and you can't really breeze through any of the chapters (except 2-3). There also aren't many characters available in each mission until 2-E and that's hard even with a lot of characters.

Even if its a little easy later in the game, its still fun watching your units kill the enemies and most of the later maps have TONS of enemies so they won't be finished that quickly.

Part 1's hard cause almost everyone has low defense and a lot of them are also underleveled.

Part 2 has no healer or broken characters so you have to waste turns using vulneraries and you can't really breeze through any of the chapters (except 2-3). There also aren't many characters available in each mission until 2-E and that's hard even with a lot of characters.

Part 1 (and 3-6, 3-12, 3-13, 4-P, and 4-3) is also hard due to Micaiah having no leadership stars (if she had any, her whole army would get accuracy and avoid boosts). And on 1-E and 3-13, the enemy commanders have 3 leadership stars (+15 accuracy and avoid for their units).

Sure Nephenee has no leadership stars either as a commander of 2-1, but the enemies suck bad, possibly except for the boss.

Part 1 (and 3-6, 3-12, 3-13, 4-P, and 4-3) is also hard due to Micaiah having no leadership stars (if she had any, her whole army would get accuracy and avoid boosts). And on 1-E and 3-13, the enemy commanders have 3 leadership stars (+15 accuracy and avoid for their units).

Sure Nephenee has no leadership stars either as a commander of 2-1, but the enemies suck bad, possibly except for the boss.

Yeah, I forgot about leadership stars. I don't know about you but I usually have to use quite a few vulneraries on Nephenee to keep her alive (she's not that lucky in my game). Maybe one or two on Brom.

Stick Mic at the edge of the screen w/ the other healers and whack away at the shields w/ Ike or whoever has Nihil. Although that only works on Ashera. Otherwise, good luck times infinity. Against Sephiran, use all your main attackers to kill the spirits, and use Mic and Sanaki to kill Sephiran. He won't attack Mic and I don't think he will attack Sanaki.

EDIT: Oops, not so easy. Mic still dies pretty easily on the Ashera chapter. But the spirits won't attack her, and you can use Sothe to kill them.

Edited by Camtech075