The first time I played, Franz turned out so bad that I didn't bother to restart when he died. The second time, he turned out really well, and was one of my best units. I made him a Paladin. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He works best as a GK. Better than Amelia anyway. Also, Amelia sucks the most out of all three trainees.

Amelia is consistently one of my best characters in every playthrough if I bother to train her. Also, why go GK/Paladin when you can go General, which has better cap stats in every area she's good with? I guess the high movement of Paladins is a bonus for when you're just trying to clear the easy-peasy Tower of Valni and whatnot, but like... I guess I've just never had a problem building armies around my slugs.

Also, why go GK/Paladin when you can go General, which has better cap stats in every area she's good with?

Amelia doesn't have enough defense for me to even consider her a general. That and I don't like it when female characters have a manly battle sprite. >_>

He works best as a GK. Better than Amelia anyway. Also, Amelia sucks the most out of all three trainees.
Amelia doesn't have enough defense for me to even consider her a general. That and I don't like it when female characters have a manly battle sprite. >_>

These are the reasons why I don't use Amelia all that much

I've gotta say, Forde got used a lot more than Franz for me.

I just didn't LIKE him.

I dunno whether it was just his character or whatever, I just preferred Forde.

Amelia's defense is fine. 30% is on the higher end for that growth in this game.

People with better defense growths: Seth, Gilliam, Ephraim, Gerik, Duessel

She gains +2 defense upon being a knight after getting out from being a recruit, and another +3 upon turning into a general. It's worth mentioning because it's more than she'll get as any other rank-up.

Also, if you go look at average stats (which most of us agree are fairly accurate for figuring out if a person is worth using or not), her defense, really, isn't all that bad. The biggest reason to go General is 1) weapon triangle coverage and 2) best caps for all the other stuff she's good at. They all cap speed at 25 unfortunately, but she has more room to gain skill, strength, etc. If you creature campaign it, she'll end up the most ungodly this way (not that it really matters all that much, but you get the idea).

If anything, other than the poor movement, she's best as a Super Trainee because it's the only one that makes real use of her best growth, speed.