MOULDER SOLO!!!!!!!!!

I just got a blessed Moulder (+2 in Magic, Defense and Skill), and now I want to do a Moulder solo!!!!

I'll start the solo once Ephraim's route begins. I'll also be using default characters (Eek and Eff), mainly when they are first recruited (like Colm). I'll also use L'Arachel when she recruits Rennac and use them both for that level.

So, by the endgame, I'll have Ephraim and Eirika, and Moulder as a Sage.

^_____________^

And I won't rant in another thread about my Ross who was cheated out of 3 Speed, 6 Luck, and 4 Defense as a level 15 Fighter T_T

My Moldy good-rant:

Moulder is the best character in this game. He has excellent Defense and HP, and, being a magic user, naturally high Resistance, which makes him a great wall, better than Saleh and Gilliam, and even Duessel. Moulder also has great Skill (which he doesn't even need), and is almost as fast as a swordmaster or pegasus. As a Bishop, he fries monsters instantly and gives good healing support to everyone. However, as a Sage, he can master every spell, and is the only character not weighed down by Elfire. He also gives excellent healing support to everyone and wields light magic for extra accuracy and criticals.

*hugs Moulder*

Irony

In my Fun Run, every single unit got cursed. Except for Moulder. And I've chosen Eff's route. A sign?

1 Sage + 35 HP

Mag: 13

Skl: 15

Sp: 17

Luck: 5

Def: 11

Res: 12

Edited by Destiny Hero

Umm.. Actually he can't master every magic, because he can only have one S rank. Might as well give him the stat boosters too... Good luck. :3

What!? What do mean he can only master one!? Do you mean that Sages can only get one S Rank, and then the other 2 cap at A!?

My first solo doesn't look so fun any more ;-;

Come on, DH

FUN RUN

It doesn't stop being fun just because you'll have to choose between the Light and Anima S-rank spells.

Just make sure he doesn't get a S-rank on staves.

I just got a blessed Moulder (+2 in Magic, Defense and Skill), and now I want to do a Moulder solo!!!!

I'll start the solo once Ephraim's route begins. I'll also be using default characters (Eek and Eff), mainly when they are first recruited (like Colm). I'll also use L'Arachel when she recruits Rennac and use them both for that level.

So, by the endgame, I'll have Ephraim and Eirika, and Moulder as a Sage.

^_____________^

And I won't rant in another thread about my Ross who was cheated out of 3 Speed, 6 Luck, and 4 Defense as a level 15 Fighter T_T

My Moldy good-rant:

Moulder is the best character in this game. He has excellent Defense and HP, and, being a magic user, naturally high Resistance, which makes him a great wall, better than Saleh and Gilliam, and even Duessel. Moulder also has great Skill (which he doesn't even need), and is almost as fast as a swordmaster or pegasus. As a Bishop, he fries monsters instantly and gives good healing support to everyone. However, as a Sage, he can master every spell, and is the only character not weighed down by Elfire. He also gives excellent healing support to everyone and wields light magic for extra accuracy and criticals.

*hugs Moulder*

Eh. Moulder's luck is really, really iffy, his magic is kind of meh, and he's locked to staves before promotion.

Also, Gilliam has higher defense than a level 20/20 Sage Moulder at level 15/0. Duessel has more upon joining, also. Gilliam caps HP normally, too. So, I wouldn't say he's the best wall ever. He is fairly awesome, though.

What!? What do mean he can only master one!? Do you mean that Sages can only get one S Rank, and then the other 2 cap at A!?

My first solo doesn't look so fun any more ;-;

The only game where you can S rank multiple weapons is Sword of Seals. The others only allow one. It's not like having one S rank will hurt much anyway. =/

Eh. Moulder's luck is really, really iffy, his magic is kind of meh, and he's locked to staves before promotion.

You say that like it's a terrible thing.

I presume this will be a Moulder solo once he promotes? Soloing with a staff user would be pretty hard.

Either my eyes are screwy, or I read that Moldy is as fast as a Swordsmaster.

"Almost."

Then again, anybody can be almost as fast as a swordmaster in FE8; just a little RNG luck and a character will be capping all stats.

Come on, DH

FUN RUN

It doesn't stop being fun just because you'll have to choose between the Light and Anima S-rank spells.

Just make sure he doesn't get a S-rank on staves.

Well, this is once I finish my Peggy Run and delte my stupid boring run. Then I'll also do a SUPER SEEKWIT WUN.

I'd say you should go for Light magic since Ivaldi gives you better defense and is weaker than Excalibur by only 1 point.

*hmmmmmmmm*

Well, I don't use the S weapons. Just at the end.

Also, Gilliam has higher defense than a level 20/20 Sage Moulder at level 15/0. Duessel has more upon joining, also. Gilliam caps HP normally, too. So, I wouldn't say he's the best wall ever. He is fairly awesome, though.

Walls have to take Magic attacks, too. So Moulder and Saleh are very good (let's assume Myrrh Myrrh doesn't exist here).

And Luck doesn't really matter, and his Magic doesn't matter in a solo/duo/trio because he'll be eating all the stat items.

I presume this will be a Moulder solo once he promotes? Soloing with a staff user would be pretty hard.

Why would a staff user be hard? He still uses Anima and Light, so he can have a good balance between accuracy, power, and criticals.

It's a solo once Eff's route starts. Besides, it's impossible for me to guard Mansel on Eek's route with just two characters :o

Walls have to take Magic attacks, too. So Moulder and Saleh are very good (let's assume Myrrh Myrrh doesn't exist here).

And Luck doesn't really matter, and his Magic doesn't matter in a solo/duo/trio because he'll be eating all the stat items.

I didn't say they weren't good. You just said that Moulder was a better wall than Duesell and Gilliam, which he isn't. Also, Luck's pretty important. Look how fail the FE7 enemies are without luck.

Edited by ChaosNinji

Why would a staff user be hard? He still uses Anima and Light, so he can have a good balance between accuracy, power, and criticals.

Soloing with a staff user would be hard because of their complete inability to fight. Moulder can't use light and anima until he promotes.

Use Bishop so you don't have to waste time spamming Thunder to S-rank Anima magic. Well, if you solo, maybe you don't really have to, but it's easier nonetheless.

Soloing with a staff user would be hard because of their complete inability to fight. Moulder can't use light and anima until he promotes.

... Which is why the solo starts once he promotes.

Use Bishop so you don't have to waste time spamming Thunder to S-rank Anima magic. Well, if you solo, maybe you don't really have to, but it's easier nonetheless.

Soloing with a Bishop would suck. Moulder would be locked into using weak Light magic, and Bishops have crap sprite animations. Plus, I wouldn't be able to use ANYTHING but Ligt magic, and quite frankly, I enjoy being able to use more than one spell for the whole game.

Sage or nothing.

Light/Shine are only slightly weaker than Anima tomes, but much stronger against monsters. The only reason you'd want to use Anima is against the magic users you'd be better off against qua weapon triangle, but that matters shit when you're solo'ing.

But whatever, feel free to continue to ignore good advice.

... Which is why the solo starts once he promotes.

^Which was my point in the first place. But, you answered my question, so all is well.

I don't see how you can play through this game more than twice without it decomposing to boring, mechanical shit.

Because I want to use all of the characters! They're all so cool :D

Anyway, if I did an absolute 100% Mouldy solo, I could always get blessed and avoid 600-1600 attacks XD