Remakes

Chalis

Which of the following would you love to see a remake of?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. See above.

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Mystery of the Emblem, Book II
    • All of the above
    • No more remakes... Please, no more...
  2. 2. Why?

• Class
    • Plot
    • Development
    • Fun
    • Hard
    • Popularity
    • Been there, done that
    • Other
  3. 3. What would make you change your mind?

• Lol, Marth.
    • Lol, Shadow Dragon.
    • Intelligent Systems NOT taking the hint that we want more character development
    • The EXACT same game with better graphics.
    • Nothing, because I'm happy with whatever I get!
    • Other

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaiden and Book 2 could do with a remake. Gaiden is radically different from the rest of the series, which might help to rekindle interest in Fire Emblem. Book 2 could use a remake because the original was redone, so why not continue the story?

Though, personally, I'd rather get something completely original.

I don't want anymore remakes. Though if they have to be remade, only updated graphics and that's it.

Just graphics?

Shadow Dragon closely did this, and look at all of the easily forgettable characters... :o

Background (or backbone) of these games were a little faulty, a bit more deserving of in dept information.

And I can live with the wonderful thing Fuuin no Tsurugi brought to FE, and that is support conversations.

Holy War. In the Fire Emblem Series, it only surpasses Thracia. Outside the series, it is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about it is perfect, minus the bugs and small errors. I would probably more against a remake of this game for the sheer fact the NoA would probably rape it in translation.

I can't pick between Holy War and Thracia =X. Thracia is probably at the peak of "innovative" in the series, while Genealogy's plot and overall gameplay was really good. If anything... combine them both into a mega-game!

I can't pick between Holy War and Thracia =X. Thracia is probably at the peak of "innovative" in the series, while Genealogy's plot and overall gameplay was really good. If anything... combine them both into a mega-game!

That could be over kill.

A lot of chapters + Large maps + Lover system + Thracia's hardness + HUGE amount of character in 2nd Gen (counting that we also get Thracia's characters) = ...Dead.

Anyway, I'm torn between Monshou book 2, Seisen, and Thracia. But if I REALLY have to pick one...I think you already know my choice.

That could be over kill.

A lot of chapters + Large maps + Lover system + Thracia's hardness + HUGE amount of character in 2nd Gen (counting that we also get Thracia's characters) = ...Dead.

Anyway, I'm torn between Monshou book 2, Seisen, and Thracia. But if I REALLY have to pick one...I think you already know my choice.

No, I didn't mean it like that. I meant similar to Mother 1+2, or FFDoS: I&II. Two seperate games, one cartridge.

No, I didn't mean it like that. I meant similar to Mother 1+2, or FFDoS: I&II. Two seperate games, one cartridge.

No one would never miss a chance to make serious profit. It's either both combined with epic difficulty or separate completely.

I wouldn't mind overkill though.

No one would never miss a chance to make serious profit. It's either both combined with epic difficulty or separate completely.

Exactly this.

I wouldn't mind overkill though.

But some fans would. Remember some players whine about FE10? (I never play FE10 before, but I don't think it will be waaay too hard compare to Thracia.)

Ew, remakes. Something almost always gets done wrong to the point where the original is more worth it.

I'll stick with the originals for now. Even though they're in japanese, but at least there's translation patches for the roms.

If anything, a Gaiden remake has a bigger chance of being worth it than remakes for FE3 Book II, FE4, and FE5.

Ew, remakes. Something almost always gets done wrong to the point where the original is more worth it.

Usually, it's called being a fanboy :P

I'd like to see a Gaiden remake. Favorite of the series, and could use a little updating and refining. Unlike the original Fire Emblem, this one is more of an open canvas if the development team really tries to make it come alive.

Definitely Gaiden. It has some great music that I'd love to hear on a current gen system. Plus, it's a more "casual" game that doesn't really require too much effort to play.

Also, even though Geneology and Thracia are both great games, they're not as dated as Gaiden. In fact, I still prefer their graphics and music to those of FE6-FE10, despite being in older games. Gaiden is really interesting and unique, but it's not very appealing to the average FE fan in its current state.

I voted Seisen, but seriously? Original titles would be probably be better (however, see below).

Also, in my humble opinion, there isn't much a point in a Gaiden remake. It's radically different from the core of the series, but pretty much all differences it had have been explored in the other installments. It was a worth addition to the series because of those novel elements, but they aren't novel anymore.

But some fans would. Remember some players whine about FE10? (I never play FE10 before, but I don't think it will be waaay too hard compare to Thracia.)

Actually, I think I'd have an improper (positive) reaction for a PG-13 board if they made a FE4+5 remake like they did FE10. Naturally, it would require ample rebalancing, but.

Sure, I didn't play FE10, but IT SOUNDED NICE TO ME OKAY.

Also, in my humble opinion, there isn't much a point in a Gaiden remake. It's radically different from the core of the series, but pretty much all differences it had have been explored in the other installments. It was a worth addition to the series because of those novel elements, but they aren't novel anymore.

They can come up with some new novel approaches to this remake.

I don't really want remakes, I just want them on the Virtual Console so I can play em without roms.

If they were remade for the DS, like Shadow Dragon, you obviously wouldn't need ROMs. That's what the poll is talking about.

I don't really want remakes, I just want them on the Virtual Console so I can play em without roms.

Well, you know, that doesn't really work out, you know, as all the Virtual Console "games" are are an HTML manual, emulator, and ROM packaged altogether :E I know I know :x

I think, rather than wish for a new or remake, they split into separate development teams, sort of like Souen and Seima (FE9; FE8). Or backwards, if you go by announcements :P That way, new content can be worked on, while a smaller team can focus on reworking original titles, if they've the time and money.

I think I'd like Gaiden remade, simply because it differs so much from the other Fire Emblem games. They'd have to put a lot more effort in character development, though, as well as making the story(telling) more interesting. Also, I don't just want the graphics updated, I want them to be good. Maybe even great.

Aside from that, perhaps expand on the overworld map features, such as walking around in towns, prominent in most other RPGs.

Although with the amount of changes I have in my head, they might as well make an entirely new game. Of course, I'd rather have that than a remake, but if I can get both I'm not one to complain.

I don't really know what, if any, game I would prefer to be remade. If I had to choose, I'd say either Geneology or Thracia should get the nod, for various reasons. For starters, you have to have the mindset that a remade game would have to cater to new fans and current fans alike, regardless of how many times its been played in the fandom. And, since FE4 is arguably the most preferred title (by a majority) and does offer an epic scale of things to do, it would make sense for FE4 to get a nod for a remake. On the other hand, with FE5, it was released dead near the end of the SNES's cycle, so I can imagine that not too many people got to play it until much later when the ROM started circulating around. And, trying to find reasonably priced carts is quite a task, or at least it used to be. That right there would be two reasons why I could see FE5 getting a remake.

Personally, I would have much preferred if IS would have made FEDS include both books, just to keep the saga together. Even with that fact, I'd rather prefer FE4 or FE5, simply because I don't necessarily want to buy a remake of the entirety of FE3 just for a remake of Book II. (But, consequently, if they just did a remake of Book II, then it wouldn't feel like the full game, IMO.) As for FE2, I highly doubt that many of the newer fans (people that started with FE9 or FE10) would want a remake of FE2, simply because it does stray so far from the formula. Sure, the a fair sized group in the fandom might like it, but in terms of making remakes, I doubt it would appeal as well to the "casual" or newer fans of the series.

And, FE6 is just too new to deserve a remake. Sure, FE7 bounded it significantly with revamping the weapon stats, adding classes, etc., but it's still a new enough game that it doesn't need one, IMO.

EDIT - Though, I'd obviously much rather prefer a new game. This would be under the assumption that IS would split the team into two groups, one working on a remake and one working on a new title.

Edited by Lord Glenn