What in the?

I have a Matis at Level 3, 82 EXP, who just got a D Rank in Swords.

I know I didn't give him any kills except maybe one of the Axemen. And I had him attack a Horseman 3 times, which means that would be 12 EXP extra.

That's 15 or 17 attacks. *notes that his Iron Sword is at 25 uses left* Okay. 15.

Then again, I know it takes only 15 wand uses to get to D rank.

Looks like just using the weapon type grants 2 weapon EXP regardless of whether or not it kills.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I probably did something wrong with my original calculations (or somehow, setting the WEXP to something other than 2 changes something somehow).

EDIT

Should be changed soon. I'll also try and look, later, into why it seemed that WEXP was halved.

Edited by VincentASM

SPOILERS!

Topic title made me think of that one scene in RD when Ike's like "What in...They're statues!"

On topic: Does that mean it'll be easy or hard to get weapon levels to S? I hated how impossible it was in PoR to get anyone's level to S without abuse.

Edited by Yourgranny

I never studied how Weapon EXP increased, but it always seemed like it took awhile to get to higher weapon ranks, especially if you class swap or promote into a class with a secondary weapon that you actually want to use. This is most apparent on harder modes where you want to be using strong weapons as often as possible.

If you're using a character early on, then weapon rank will be no problem, but for other characters a high weapon rank can either be a huge blessing (Hardin), or a disadvantage.

Edited by FE3 Player