If Fire Emblem characters got the Bowser Jr Treatment

Jotari

What if each Fire Emblem character had fully modeled alternate outfits of different characters from the series. Who would you like to see? This is obviously not all that viable on the likes of Byleth and especially Corrin, but for all the rest it seems like it is something that would be doable.

Marth already has 3 other characters (which include two of his descendants) that share his fundamental moveset... so let's add three more with Leif (since Marth has an alt based on Leif), Seliph (Falchion and Tyrfing have an identical design), and Anri (Marth's ancestor).

Ike could have Priam and Greil (in his prime) as alts. Alm was also a thought.

Byleth is such a unique case that you really can't give them many character alts, but at least Corrin has one viable character alt in Kana, who would most definitely be smaller, but they can always be the Young Link alternative if that makes sense; Kana could even share Corrin's alt colors and get a Final Smash with them teaming up with Corrin or something (who could have the same respective alt as Kana). The same general idea could be done with Robin and Morgan, too.

9 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Marth already has 3 other characters (which include two of his descendants) that share his fundamental moveset... so let's add three more with Leif (since Marth has an alt based on Leif), Seliph (Falchion and Tyrfing have an identical design), and Anri (Marth's ancestor).

Ike could have Priam and Greil (in his prime) as alts. Alm was also a thought.

Byleth is such a unique case that you really can't give them many character alts, but at least Corrin has one viable character alt in Kana, who would most definitely be smaller, but they can always be the Young Link alternative if that makes sense; Kana could even share Corrin's alt colors and get a Final Smash with them teaming up with Corrin or something (who could have the same respective alt as Kana). The same general idea could be done with Robin and Morgan, too.

1. Technically that we don't know much of Anri other than what we heard of since he was a background character in Shadow Dragon. Sakurai wouldn't have much researching Anri due to he's a background character as of right now.
  2. I don't think Priam would be considered to be an Alt for Ike due to he was a late SpotPass only party member in Awakening that wasn't heavily featured in the mainline story for Awakening and Greil was technically a minor character in Path of Radiance that was killed closely to the mid part of the game. It would be hard to implement them as Ike's alts.
  3. I do think it would have been better if we have newcomer from the Fire Emblem games to have this feature rather than slapping alts on to the veteran Fire Emblem reps since they might have different abilities that the veterans lacked.
  4. I do think the Fire Emblem reps should be focused on main characters rather than non-main characters in the Super Smash Bros. games. It would have been Alm, Seliph, Eirika, etc. would might get the Bowser Jr. & Hero style treatment while Ephraim, Azura, Dimitri, etc. might get their own.
Edited by King Marth 64

17 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

This would actually work better for non-Lord characters, as there are many recurring classes and archetypes in the series that would be prime for the BJr. treatment.

How so? I mean like we pretty much have like 16 Mainline Fire Emblem Titles (plus Heroes that I think Sakurai counted Heroes as main game in Byleth's Direct) while Awakening side got three of them (Robin, Lucina, and now Chrom) in the roster. I do think Sakurai was pretty much sticking towards putting main characters for the Fire Emblem roster in Super Smash Bros. franchise.

What exact classes and non-main characters were you thinking of giving to a Bowser Jr. style treatment since there's like so many non-main Fire Emblem protagonists to choose from?

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

How so? I mean like we pretty much have like 16 Mainline Fire Emblem Titles (plus Heroes that I think Sakurai counted Heroes as main game in Byleth's Direct) while Awakening side got three of them (Robin, Lucina, and now Chrom) in the roster. I do think Sakurai was pretty much sticking towards putting main characters for the Fire Emblem roster in Super Smash Bros. franchise.

What exact classes and non-main characters were you thinking of giving to a Bowser Jr. style treatment since there's like so many non-main Fire Emblem protagonists to choose from?

A lot of the series staples, with some examples:

• Fighter - Barst, Boyd, Vaike
  • Mercenary - Ogma, Raven, Gerik
  • Myrmidon - Navarre, Guy, Lon'qu
  • Knight - Draug, Gatrie, Kellam
  • Thief - Julian, Sothe, Gaius
  • Mage - Linde, Mae, Tine, Lilina

2 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

A lot of the series staples, with some examples:

• Fighter - Barst, Boyd, Vaike
  • Mercenary - Ogma, Raven, Gerik
  • Myrmidon - Navarre, Guy, Lon'qu
  • Knight - Draug, Gatrie, Kellam
  • Thief - Julian, Sothe, Gaius
  • Mage - Linde, Mae, Tine, Lilina

Ok so what one class and a list of characters do you think of adding in as a Bowser Jr. style Fire Emblem newcomer rep for the roster? I do think Sakurai was thinking of keep it minimum of few close to 8 since the only franchises has surpassed the over 8 Fighters in their franchise on the roster that I know of that were Mario series (9) and Pokemon series (10).