• Garm
    • Gleipnir
    • Vidofnir
    • Nidhogg
    • Sieglinde
    • Siegmund
    • Ivaldi
    • Latona

In order to use Gleipnir, you have to use one of the two crappy characters that may ever be able to learn the damn thing, and give the less crappy one of them a crappy promotion, put up with them until you get the tome, and then weigh them down by obscence amounts so they know OHKO stuff, but they also get hit by everything.

And Knoll's evasion wasn't good to begin with.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good man. *Hands Soul a cookie*

Seriously, Gleiphnir is great.

Too bad the only two people who can use it suck. Lyon doesn't count because he's a CC character.

Garm is easily the best. Does a shitload of damage and boosts speed? Sweet. Excalibur is my favorite though, especially when my favorite GBA mage/sage uses it.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Glephnir is awesome with Ewan and Knoll, seriously.

But if you want Glephnir to be the best sacred weapon you have to get a good character too:

Ewansstats.jpg

:o

I don't know what happened to you there, but holy shit did your Ewan get blessed.

Garm is probably the best overall, but I use Vidofner because General Amelia with Vidofner is awsome. But I always end up saving my legendaries until the end of the game and winning with more than half the uses left.

And is it just me or should they have given Siegmund and Sieglinde special animations like Armads/Durandil/Sol Katti. I mean besides the little flash of light. That would have made them a lot better.

True, but still, that's pretty amazing if he can relegate that many stat boosters for the sake of one weapon. Just what did he use, though...?

No, no stat booster, cheats or RNG abuse.

My Ewan got blessed since he was a Trainee. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
And also, Siegmund, because it's a good lance and it's named after a character from Wagner's Ring cycle. B)

Screw that, Siegmund and Sieglinde are names from Norse mythology, specifically the Völsunga saga. They were brother and sister. (The saga was later adapted into Wagner's Ring cycle, so you're point is valid. But Norse mythology is better and more pure.)

I picked Excalibur because it has the same name as the sword. :D

Ivaldi, because Light magic is my favourite weapon type and I think it has a great animation. I love giving it to L'Arachel, generally my best and favourite unit in FE8, even though she doesn't get a bonus against monsters like the Bishops. Excalibur is good, but I've...had issues with it in the past... And Gleipnir, despite how I originally named ,myself after it way back on FESS, pretty much sucks. >_>

Screw that, Siegmund and Sieglinde are names from Norse mythology, specifically the Völsunga saga. They were brother and sister. (The saga was later adapted into Wagner's Ring cycle, so you're point is valid. But Norse mythology is better and more pure.)

Very true, especially since Norse Mythology is my personal favorite out of all the ancient mythologies since the gods are actually capable of dying. But honestly, the Völsunga Saga isn't really my favorite part of Norse mythology. And besides, there's no revolutionary opera music to go with the Norse Mythology, so in that regard I actually prefer the Wagner operas.

• 2 weeks later...