Metroid Dread Survival Rush

Jotari

I'm having a lot of trouble with Metroid Dread's Survival Rush (the regular one, not even Dread Rush). It's not the bosses per se that are providing any real trouble. I have them down pat pretty well by now. It's just the time factor. It seems incredibly strict. I can get as far as Golzuna, the Cross Bombs boss, but by then I have basically only thirty seconds left. And I don't feel like I'm really losing much time anywhere. Kraid takes over a minute, but I don't think I can reasonably get him faster. I manage to kill him after heading up to his mouth twice on the second phase (if I'm lucky he'll launch his spikes willingly to get me up there sooner). Aside from that, Drogyga, the water boss, I could defeat a bit quicker if I spammed missiles, but I like to conserve a good hearty supply of missiles to defeat the Chozo Robot, this useually means letting Drogyga survive long enough to counter it twice. I could defeat it just before the second counter, but that requires a lot of missiles and it'd only save about six or so seconds, but I'm kind of in a situation where I need every second I can get. Because even if I could beat Golzuna, I'm sure I'll need well over a minute to take out Raven Beak.

So is anyone else trying to beat Survival Rush and do you have any situations as to how any of the bosses could be taken out quicker. Sort of sucks that I'm playing really well, barely getting hit and damaging the bosses almost every second yet it still doesn't seem to be enough to beat them in the required time.

Pardon the two Metroid Dread threads, both of them are sparked by the same event, but they're quite different.

EDIT: Huh. I could have sworn I just got additional time added for beating the Experiment boss with the Speed Booster. But I just did it again and only got the standard 30 seconds. Well at least I'm getting down the timing for using the Speed Booster on that boss, which saves a lot of time. But I definitely got bonus time for something before and it'd be nice to know why so I can do it again.

EDIT: EDIT: Okay turns out the extra time is gained by not taking any damage during the fight. It tells you right there in the menu before you begin, but I'm a seasoned gamer so naturally I ignore stuff like instructions. I didn't notice at first because I was just tanking hits in the early fights trying to clear them quicker. The key is to go more slowly and carefully. The timing is still really tight though, I did basically nothing else today but play Metroid and finally I managed to beat Raven Beak. You basically need to play through it like it is Dread Survival (if that works the same way as Dread Mode). You need to clear over half the bosses without getting hit once to have enough time. Personally I was resetting if I got hit at all in any of the first four bosses. Usually beating the Experiment and Golzuna without any damage either, but even that frequently didn't net enough time. Good luck to anyone trying it.

Edited by Jotari