Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

9 hours ago, Ranadiel said:

The info posted on the document does not provide any indication of what classes have spells enabled as far as I can tell. I would assume they do since they all the other classes have been fairly faithful and we know that non-mages having spells is a confirmed thing because Fluegel gets them.

I doubt it since I'm pretty sure I saw someone mention that the Japanese trailer was labelled as "Final Trailer."

Where can I find the document?

I found it. It was at the top of the main site.

Edited by dom

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it was pointed out to me on another site that there were apparently a couple of Japanese reviews last week that showed some interesting screenshots.

Review 1

Partial Screenshot Translation of Review 1

Review 2

Partial Screenshot Translation of Review 2

Some highlights from these reviews include showing the full  Myrmidon, Soldier, and Warrior trees, including showing how unique classes fit in, showing what appears to be a paralogue (Dorothea and Manuela), and a tactical option to persuade Mercedes to join.

58 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Someone made a list of preferred classes based on what they learn in those class:

Ha, that was me.

10 minutes ago, dom said:

Where can I find the document?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1da5Ds2ppXrnPVTreR2t2820KLTdma1FyxPJBcrizPno/edit#gid=796613427

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Not gonna lie that is a sad set of preferred classes.

But there you go, credit goes to this user.

I feel it only really has two big issues (you can probably nitpick a lot of the individual placements). One is that there needed to be more Master tier mage classes and two they should have made more Dark Knights to increase the variety of preferred lance classes.

Just now, Ranadiel said:

I feel it only really has two big issues (you can probably nitpick a lot of the individual placements). One is that there needed to be more Master tier mage classes and two they should have made more Dark Knights to increase the variety of preferred lance classes.

My issues are Leonie being a Holy Knight over Bow Knight despite the double quivers on her model, Sylvain not being a Dark Knight, Hilda and Caspar both being Wyvern Lords and like you needing more master mage classes. 

So here's my criticisms:

Linhardt is a victim of the class system. The biggest victim in fact. He has zero synergy with Dark Bishop, and can't be a Gremory. He really needed a straight upgrade from Bishop (cough War Monk cough). This really could have been improved by unlocking both Gremory and Dark Bishop (since Hapi also would have made more sense as a Dark Bishop or a Dark Knight.)

Holy Knight is weirdly bloated when Dark Knight exists and would have made sense for Sylvain.

They missed a beat by not also including Wyvern Knight (lance) as a class. It could have been a unique for Seteth and let him use his lance. Ferdinand then could have easily been moved to Great Knight preferred.

I see why Bow Knight wasn't chosen for Leonie. Her house does already have bow bloat. But if that was their excuse, why do the Eagles have even worse tome bloat?

Regarding character classes with the newfound info...

Yeah, Linhardt still gets screwed over as he's a White Magic user, and going Dark Bishop may help his offensive potential, but I don't think that's his chosen path. Male characters not having access to Gremory sucks.
-- This could be solved by added new classes, but then it detracts from the established lore of Three Houses. The things that could've been (classes for Master White Magic, Master Black Magic)...

Dark Knight only being for Lorenz makes sense, as Lorenz is the only real hybrid STR/MAG character in Three Houses. Sylvain may appreciate the aesthetics of Dark Knight, but gameplay-wise he is better suited as the "more physical" Holy Knight.
-- Granted, anyone could work with anything, but Lorenz has 40/40 for STR/MAG growths in Three Houses. Other characters tend to focus just on one, even if the growths may be close together.
== Ingrid is an exception, being at 35/35, but she goes Pegasus/Falcon Knight instead of Dark Knight.

Leonie was always weird, as she seems to have affinity for Bows yet desperately wants to follow in Jeralt's footsteps. I guess that passion for being a merc like Jeralt makes her lean towards Paladin/Holy Knight over Bow Knight.

Warrior characters (Caspar, Hilda) going Wyvern Lord is also a bit off. Sure, it works with the way Three Hopes is using Three Houses classes, but I would have preferred a dedicated Master Axe Infantry class (Berserker or Reaver, for example). Alternatively, they just kept War Master as the Master Axe/Brawling class and allow access for females, as there is a case of a female NPC War Master in Three Houses.
-- Then while we are at it, we could've open up the weapon options for other classes (Sword Cavalier/Paladin)...
-- Alas, it was not to be so. I think the direction Three Hopes went is perfectly fine, locking classes to specific weapons. Trying to use the existing material and adapt it to a Warriors title can be difficult, while also making the game accessible and easily understood by newer players. 

As a random comment, I noticed that Mercenary to Swordmaster branches off to the side instead of going straight down. I would guess there is a hidden "Hero Class" slot there, as unique classes seem to automatically shift the tree around when necessary instead of taking up an invisible slot.

34 minutes ago, Sire said:

Regarding character classes with the newfound info...

Yeah, Linhardt still gets screwed over as he's a White Magic user, and going Dark Bishop may help his offensive potential, but I don't think that's his chosen path. Male characters not having access to Gremory sucks.
-- This could be solved by added new classes, but then it detracts from the established lore of Three Houses. The things that could've been (classes for Master White Magic, Master Black Magic)...

Dark Knight only being for Lorenz makes sense, as Lorenz is the only real hybrid STR/MAG character in Three Houses. Sylvain may appreciate the aesthetics of Dark Knight, but gameplay-wise he is better suited as the "more physical" Holy Knight.
-- Granted, anyone could work with anything, but Lorenz has 40/40 for STR/MAG growths in Three Houses. Other characters tend to focus just on one, even if the growths may be close together.
== Ingrid is an exception, being at 35/35, but she goes Pegasus/Falcon Knight instead of Dark Knight.

Leonie was always weird, as she seems to have affinity for Bows yet desperately wants to follow in Jeralt's footsteps. I guess that passion for being a merc like Jeralt makes her lean towards Paladin/Holy Knight over Bow Knight.

Warrior characters (Caspar, Hilda) going Wyvern Lord is also a bit off. Sure, it works with the way Three Hopes is using Three Houses classes, but I would have preferred a dedicated Master Axe Infantry class (Berserker or Reaver, for example). Alternatively, they just kept War Master as the Master Axe/Brawling class and allow access for females, as there is a case of a female NPC War Master in Three Houses.

I don't think that matters. At all. Did it undermine 3 Houses lore when the Abyss classes were added? No. Three Houses has a wide world, most of it unexplored, and it's narrow-minded to think that there aren't other combat styles being explored in other regions like Duscar, Sreng, Almyra, or even parts of Fodlan. Moreover, Three Houses is already a world with no one set canon, and Three Hopes itself expands on that.

I do wonder if they'll at least keep canon outfits when promoting into preferred mounted classes now. It would suck for anyone going into Wyvern Lord or Bow Knight to lose their unique outfit just for progressing down their preferred class line.

Where do we have weapon rank information? I don't see anything in the datamine that suggests WL can't use lances, FK can't use swords, or WM can't use axes, for example. Not saying it wouldn't surprise me to be the case, just wanting to confirm.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:44 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Choosing not to play a character is a completely valid choice, and it's why I LOVE weapon/class swapping. It lets me play the moveset without playing the trash it's attached to (and conversely lets me play characters I like even if I don't like their moveset).

You know, I didn't see things like that, while I still still disagree a bit, I also agree to it a bit. .....Does that make sense?

On 6/15/2022 at 4:14 AM, Sire said:

Decided to look at the Datamine again, this time looking at the learned skills one can obtain from classes.
-- As a note, remember this is just from the demo. The actual retail version may have much more information.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Looks like Dark Mage/Dark Bishop is indeed gender-locked, as no skills are learned for female characters.
-- And yeah, Gremory is also gender-locked, so no real Master Black/White magic class for male characters.

2. Hero doesn't have anything, so I'm guessing its leftover code or NPC use only.
-- Guess it just goes Myrmidon, Mercenary, Swordmaster, Mortal Savant as linear progression.

3. War Monk, Valkyrie, and Dark Flier also have no learned skills. May be leftover code as well.

Otherwise, it looks like it'll be interesting seeing how all the skills stack up regarding character builds.
-- Not only there's Personal Skills unique to each character, but the Learned Skills from each class can also differ somewhat character to character.
-- Toss in unique stat caps for characters as well, and there is likely to be good build variety despite the classes sharing movesets.
-- This doesn't even count Combat Arts and Magic potentially being different across characters!

While Vantage is a bit meh, the Desperation & Wrath combo is looking amazing for taking down enemy officers.
-- Some characters may be able to use Battalion versions of those skills, which may be easier/harder to manage depending on strategy used.

Well this is just dandy as all heck, woohoo gender locked classes. What a great idea to keep...

On 6/15/2022 at 3:25 AM, Anomalocaris said:

(Agitha...)

I wouldn't say she is bad, it's just that she only had one good move and it's very slow.
Wait that's actually what I just said.

9 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Someone made a list of preferred classes based on what they learn in those class:

Reveal hidden contents

Preferred Classes
Looking through the learn list, I was able to figure out every character's preferred Advanced and Master class based on where they learn "Apex (weapon type)" and their Breaker skill. For most characters they learn Apex in their preferred Advanced class and Breaker in their preferred Master class. For characters with unique classes, they learn their Apex in a class that uses the same weapon type and Breaker in their unique class.

Sword Classes

• Swordmaster -> Unique (Shez, Byleth, Rhea)
  • Swordmaster -> Mortal Savant (Felix, Catherine, Holst)
  • Assassin -> Trickster (Petra, Yuri)

Spear Classes

• Paladin -> Unique (Dimitri, Jeritza)
  • Paladin -> Falcon Knight (Ingrid)
  • Paladin -> Dark Knight (Lorenz)
  • Paladin -> Holy Knight (Ferdinand, Sylvain, Leonie, Jeralt, Rodrigue, Gatekeeper)

Axe Classes

• Fortress Knight -> Unique (Edelgard)
  • Wyvern Rider -> Wyveryn Lord (Seteth)
  • Warrior -> Wyvern Lord (Caspar, Hilda)
  • Fortress Knight -> Great Knight (Dedue)

Bow Classes

• Sniper -> Unique (Claude)
  • Sniper -> Bow Knight (Bernadetta, Ashe, Ignatz, Shamir)

Tome Classes

• Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop (Hubert)
  • Bishop -> Dark Bishop (Linhardt)
  • Bishop -> Gremory (Mercedes, Marianne, Manuela, Flayn)
  • Warlock -> Gremory (Dorothea, Anette, Lysithea, Constance, Hapi, Monica, Sothis)
  • (None?) -> Gremory (Arval(F))
  • Dark Mage -> (None?) (Arval(M))

Gauntlet Classes

• Grappler -> War Master (Raphael, Balthus)

No Preferred Class

• Hanneman, Cyril, Alois, Gilbert, Anna, 3 unknown characters that have data between Holst and Sothis

Spoiler

Dimitri

now has a pony! The trinity is more trinity than ever!

On 6/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

It implied that she deliberately kept her at times very obnoxious temper in check when it came to people who didn't deserve

Define "deserve".

13 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Where do we have weapon rank information? I don't see anything in the datamine that suggests WL can't use lances, FK can't use swords, or WM can't use axes, for example. Not saying it wouldn't surprise me to be the case, just wanting to confirm.

The real question is why you'd expect them to, when weapon advantage skills are tied to class, and them having those other weapon types would often require a new moveset.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

As a random comment, I noticed that Mercenary to Swordmaster branches off to the side instead of going straight down. I would guess there is a hidden "Hero Class" slot there, as unique classes seem to automatically shift the tree around when necessary instead of taking up an invisible slot.

With the info we currently have, the odd shape of the Swordmaster branch is probably to make space for Dancer. It can't be Hero because Petra wouldn't qualify for it and we can see from the Edgard class tree in review 1 that there isn't reserved space for classes you don't qualify for (e.g., the entire grappler line).

2 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

You know, I didn't see things like that, while I still still disagree a bit, I also agree to it a bit. .....Does that make sense?

Well this is just dandy as all heck, woohoo gender locked classes. What a great idea to keep...

I wouldn't say she is bad, it's just that she only had one good move and it's very slow.
Wait that's actually what I just said.

Reveal hidden contents

Dimitri

now has a pony! The trinity is more trinity than ever!

Define "deserve".

Well, I'm making multiple controversial statements at once. You may fully or somewhat agree or disagree with any one of them.

And deserve is a pretty uncontroversial word I think. Sylvain has serious character flaws that do hurt others; he does deserve to be called out. The same can't be said of the likes of Ignatz, who is one of the more innocent characters, so it comes across as incredibly viscious when he gets random verbal lashings from Lysithea in Three Houses.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Warrior characters

I find it very funny how Fighters can use Axes, Bows, and Gauntlets, and they're the only class to have that 'advantage'.

I sort of miss the "can use every weapons", just sort off.

29 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:

Dancer

What would be the point of Dancer in a Musou game though?

19 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And deserve is a pretty uncontroversial word I think. Sylvain has serious character flaws that do hurt others; he does deserve to be called out. The same can't be said of the likes of Ignatz, who is one of the more innocent characters, so it comes across as incredibly viscious when he gets random verbal lashings from Lysithea in Three Houses

What I found jarring was that Sylvain apparently go 'easy on the girls he know wouldn't take it well', like wow, is that supposed to be a good thing, from a character or moral viewpoint? Meanwhile you got Lysithea, who at least as the excuses to be a child with literal on terminal disease, she still deserve a spanking and to be treated like the child she is though.

At this point you might as well say that Miklan was a good guy because he liked his army of bandits or whatever if that's how low we are.

Edited by B.Leu

19 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The real question is why you'd expect them to, when weapon advantage skills are tied to class, and them having those other weapon types would often require a new moveset.

Expect isn't the right word. More like 'is possible?' My reasoning is that fighter has 3 weapon types, so they have the ability to do it. I also don't remember a single class that required more than one weapon rank before Master tier in 3H, so it isn't impossible. 

7 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Expect isn't the right word. More like 'is possible?' My reasoning is that fighter has 3 weapon types, so they have the ability to do it. I also don't remember a single class that required more than one weapon rank before Master tier in 3H, so it isn't impossible. 

Assassin and Hero.

1 minute ago, B.Leu said:

*shrug* The dance ability is apparently the Dancer's class action, but we don't have descriptions for class abilities so I have no idea what it does. We have the description for special dane though, "Increases the potency of a dancer unit's class actions."

10 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

I find it very funny how Fighters can use Axes, Bows, and Gauntlets, and they're the only class to have that 'advantage'.

I sort of miss the "can use every weapons", just sort off.

What I found jarring was that Sylvain apparent go 'easy on the girls he know wouldn't take it well', like wow, is that supposed to be a good thing, from a character or moral viewpoint? Meanwhile you got Lysithea, who at least as the excuses to be a child with literal on terminal disease, she still deserve a spanking and to be treated like the child she is though.

At this point you might as well say that Miklan was a good guy because he liked his army of bandits or whatever if that's how low we are.

FEW1 has a Dancer and a Singer. Their Strong 1 was an area buff. And given that FEW3H has multiple area buffs already, that will also be the role there. I'd presume that the Dance buff would probably sacrifice from the unit's gauge to restore the ally's gauges and buff stats.

4 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:

*shrug* The dance ability is apparently the Dancer's class action, but we don't have descriptions for class abilities so I have no idea what it does. We have the description for special dane though, "Increases the potency of a dancer unit's class actions."

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

FEW1 has a Dancer and a Singer. Their Strong 1 was an area buff. And given that FEW3H has multiple area buffs already, that will also be the role there. I'd presume that the Dance buff would probably sacrifice from the unit's gauge to restore the ally's gauges and buff stats.

I just hope it will be useful, of course they could make the class also viable in combat instead of just giving them a support special.

Just now, B.Leu said:

I just hope it will be useful, of course they could make the class also viable in combat instead of just giving them a support special.

I would presume that they WOULD be combat viable. They were very strong characters in FEW, and even pure support classes already in 3 Hopes (Priest) are capable of doing work.

Just now, ciphertul said:

You did say 3H which I took as Three Houses. 

You're right, of course. That is what I meant. But my point was to try and figure out what other classes they might allow to use more than one weapon type other than fighter, or if fighter is unique. Hero clearly doesn't matter because it's removed. I did forget about Assassin, but you can't play Assassin in the demo either so I don't think it's verifiable yet unless someone knows something that isn't in the data mine.

2 minutes ago, Burklight said:

You're right, of course. That is what I meant. But my point was to try and figure out what other classes they might allow to use more than one weapon type other than fighter, or if fighter is unique. Hero clearly doesn't matter because it's removed. I did forget about Assassin, but you can't play Assassin in the demo either so I don't think it's verifiable yet unless someone knows something that isn't in the data mine.

How about confirmed on the demo? Thief’s wisdom/ploy calls out Assassin and Trickster. 
They could have had Falcoknight with Sword/Lance, Wyvern with Axe/Lance, Bow Knight with Bow/Lance, Holy/Dark Knight with Lance/Tome. They had options but didn’t take them. 

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

How about confirmed on the demo? Thief’s wisdom/ploy calls out Assassin and Trickster. 
They could have had Falcoknight with Sword/Lance, Wyvern with Axe/Lance, Bow Knight with Bow/Lance, Holy/Dark Knight with Lance/Tome. They had options but didn’t take them. 

I don't follow. Lets say for the sake of argument that Assassin could use a bow. How would Thief's wisdom/ploy read differently?