People who want Songs from Youtube!

Cynthia

This is how I do it, as I see a couple of people these days that want them now. And I get PMs sometimes from people asking to rip a song for them.

Step 1. Get the URL of the youtube video.

Step 2. Go to Keepvid.com and paste the URL in the bar that it shows. You will be taken to a download screen, simply right click on the FLV format and click save target as, and save it as *insertsongnamehere*.flv, make SURE you save it as .flv.

Step 3. Download "WinFF," which is a video and audio converter, you can probably find it on Google.

Step 4. Open WinFF and add the .flv to the convert list, and under file type, select MP3 (audio only.) change the path to where you want the song to go when your done, and hit convert.

If done correctly you'll have all the audio from the video, but if your video has other sounds in it, then you can just take it into movie maker or some other software and trim out what you don't want, and convert it back to MP3 again.

I hope this helps a lot of people who have this issue.

Secondary method as suggested by Princess Kilvas: Use MP3myMp3 (Google it I suppose?) to record the audio of the video.

Edited by Cynthia

I just use MP3myMp3 and record it..

That can be done, the only downside is that sound quality can be lowered in some instances, plus if it's a REALLY long song it takes a lot longer to do.

However I think I should add that to the list of ways to achieve this.

It sounds like something similar to what Boo had PM'd me. I'll have to try it out.

Lol it is, the difference is that my method basically has "Keepvid.com" as a fire-fox add-on while WinFF seems to be the 2 programs I suggested in one (for this purpose anyway).

Edited by Boo

Lol it is, the difference is that my method basically has "Keepvid.com" as a fire-fox add-on while WinFF seems to be the 2 programs I suggested in one (for this purpose anyway).

Ah yes, I forgot there was a fire-fox add-on for this, would you happen to be able to give the name of it?

Download helper is what I use.

Would you happen to be able to make a quick step by step on how to use it so I can add it to the topic list. I sort of want this to be able to help people as much as possible so that they can just refer to this in the future.

Would you happen to be able to make a quick step by step on how to use it so I can add it to the topic list. I sort of want this to be able to help people as much as possible so that they can just refer to this in the future.

Go to its main site > Documentation > Manual and there you go.

That can be done, the only downside is that sound quality can be lowered in some instances, plus if it's a REALLY long song it takes a lot longer to do.

However I think I should add that to the list of ways to achieve this.

Yeah, there are settings to change the sound quality and filesize.