Religious representation in Fire Emblem

3 hours ago, lenticular said:

But let's say that we were going to include an explanation in the game. We've thought it through, we have a full explanation for what's really going on. It makes sense, it's consistent with everything else in the lore, it's just generally a good explanation. Where do we fit this into the game? Do we have Yune deliver a speech explaining the deep underlying workings of magic in the world? Do we have a base conversation where Soren tells us he's been doing some research and has figured out why laguz parents actually lose their power? I hope not. Either one would be jarring and out of place. But I don't have any better ideas. And ultimately, the fact that it doesn't matter is kind of the point. It was an accident, with no greater meaning behind it.

Well that depends on the explanation itself and how well it can be worked in. At the very least when something can't be worked into a story like that it can be included  in extraneous materials. I would say it does matter though, as it has shaped how one of the principle protagonists life has developed. The revelation does have meaning and it does effect the characters. Like I said it does provide for a really good moment between Yune in Ashera in which Yune humbles both of them by showing something they don't know. A lot of it also comes down to just the general mechanics of the branded that just work poorly with anything other than divine intervention. If really didn't need to skip generations or for the mark to develop in later life. Those particularly quirks didn't actually add much too it.

The exact nature of branded and laguz, while initally on topic, has strayed pretty far from religion in general in Fire Emblem. So I don't think I'll say any more on the matter (here).