Best Weapons/ attributes?

Obviously Iron and Steel weapons are a waste of time, but there's so many others in the mix that I was hoping the more stat-savvy among you would be able to help out. Thank you in advance!

This is mostly me asking what tiers of weapons are worth keeping (e.g. Silver, Brave, etc.) but if you have any specific examples you want to highlight as well, I'm happy to hear those too!

Well, honestly it really comes down to weapon attributes. Even an iron weapon can be forged into steel, then silver, then brave if it had attributes you want to keep (though it typically won't, iron weapons tend to have low level weapon attributes). Though I admit, after so many runs, I rarely even use brave weapons when I have so many Hero's Relics, Sacred Weapons, and regalia weapons. Still, a brave weapon with good weapon attributes is still very nice to have.

In terms of good attributes, leaving aside the unique ones that are only on certain types of weapon or only on the legendary weapons, the [Stat] Factor attributes seems fairly effective, and for anyone who's going to be using a lot of combat arts/spells, the Boost Combat Arts/Magic attribute is really nice (speaking as someone who keeps Shez as a Dark Knight most of the time, finding a Gradivus with Boost Combat Arts/Magic lvl 3 and Speed Factor lvl 3 was a godsend). A lot of folks also swear by Reckless Power, though personally I like to use combat arts and magic a whole lot, so I stay away from it, I want more durability than that. But if you don't plan to use a lot of combat arts or spells, Reckless Power is crazy strong. Those are the ones I usually look for, though I suppose Boost Mounted Damage on a good Lance, Axe, or Bow would also be something to look out for as well. Unfortunately we're still in the process of figuring out how big these boosts actually are, the game is very vague in terms of the actual magnitude of most effects that boost damage.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

4 hours ago, ZanaLyrander said:

In terms of good attributes, leaving aside the unique ones that are only on certain types of weapon or only on the legendary weapons, the [Stat] Factor attributes seems fairly effective, and for anyone who's going to be using a lot of combat arts/spells, the Boost Combat Arts/Magic attribute is really nice (speaking as someone who keeps Shez as a Dark Knight most of the time, finding a Gradivus with Boost Combat Arts/Magic lvl 3 and Speed Factor lvl 3 was a godsend). A lot of folks also swear by Reckless Power, though personally I like to use combat arts and magic a whole lot, so I stay away from it, I want more durability than that. But if you don't plan to use a lot of combat arts or spells, Reckless Power is crazy strong. Those are the ones I usually look for, though I suppose Boost Mounted Damage on a good Lance, Axe, or Bow would also be something to look out for as well. Unfortunately we're still in the process of figuring out how big these boosts actually are, the game is very vague in terms of the actual magnitude of most effects that boost damage.

Reckless Power only creates durability issues when it isn't upgraded. Fully upgrade, the difference between 350 and 550 durability doesn't seem to mean much.

2 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Reckless Power only creates durability issues when it isn't upgraded. Fully upgrade, the difference between 350 and 550 durability doesn't seem to mean much.

Hmm, I may have to give that a shot. What counts as 'fully upgraded'? The highest I've gotten a weapon to is +80, how high does it go?

Just now, ZanaLyrander said:

Hmm, I may have to give that a shot. What counts as 'fully upgraded'? The highest I've gotten a weapon to is +80, how high does it go?

It goes up to +100, 50 for might and durability. I always cap might and then stop with durability once it gets to a point where it never runs out. For reckless power weapons that's going to be higher tho.

1 minute ago, Burklight said:

It goes up to +100, 50 for might and durability. I always cap might and then stop with durability once it gets to a point where it never runs out. For reckless power weapons that's going to be higher tho.

Yeah, even if you spam spells and combat arts, you really only need like 300 something durability. If you're using one of the legendary weapons with Relentless Barrage or Relentless Magic, you probably need like 400 or more for some of the longer missions. Like, Lysithea's relic tome has like 400+ durability at this point, but I've seen her almost run out, she goes through it fast.