Zan's Sprite works

Zanryu

I'm going for something different - more speed based, I think. Just can't seem to draw the right kind of motivation and inspiration to get it to flow properly. :/

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Nownow, considering it's an art thread, I see no issue in a bump every so often. Especially since it helps me find it when I make a triumphant return with further awesome to disperse!

And as a matter of fact, it's not the lightest skin tone for highlighting - the hair is four custom shades I created about a year ago, and they sorta stuck - I like how they flow. The lightest skin tone is a bit too light, so I had to get a better suiting one.

Now... I originally had a vision of how Zanryu would turn out with this new design, and I totally lost it in my further hiatus - but I have a new computer, and good ol' Aeorys Kirru got me back up on the metaphoric horse and helped me get to work on Zanryu. She tweaked the left side of the hair for me, and it actually turned out how my original hair concept was going to come out, but I decided to take the coward's way out and splice it. Well, with that said, it gave me a good jump start to the piece - and I went with it.

zanryuredesign.png

Now, the version in the box, that's what Aeorys came up with when she worked on him. The far left side is what I had before I went on hiatus again, the middle is after I adjusted the highlighting on Aeorys' edit. The third version, on the right side, is what I just spent the last hour or two working on (on no sleep, might I add). I'm not ENTIRELY sure if that's finalized, but for now, it's staying as is. I have a design in mind for the rest too, but I think a break is in order for now - especially considering I have to think of how to work it out. :)

If that's super saiyan... oh boy. xP

I would be afraid to see Zanryu as a super saiyan, no joke. He's angry. XD Expect it to take a while, especially if I try and do a lot of it custom. Been out of the biz for almost a year, so.

Excuse the double post, but this is the only way I can get any attention, apparently.

I lied. Still not done even after realizing it wasn't done and editing it.

zanryuredesign.png

So yeah, expect more tweaks, gotta finish the back of his head - it looks too bare and dark compared to the highlighted parts, but I can't get it to look right if I make it brighter than that. So I've got some work to do. :X

Edited by Zanryu

Well, like, I know exactly what I want, just that I'm not sure where to start with it - that was my issue with the hair, too. xP