Zan's Sprite works

Zanryu

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, MS Paint is better than most. The only thing GIMP/Photoshop/other things like that can offer are layers, really.

@NTG: The ear is placed like that due to the angle of her head, so I don't think I'll change it.

I'm not gonna change the naked one, because it was made as a shell for the clothed one. I wanted to get it mostly complete (shading, shaping, etc) before I finished it off, and my friend happened to want the nude one so I kept it. I may remove that bit of shading, too, but I may not as well.

I appreciate some constructive criticism though. =D

Edited by Zanryu

@NTG: The ear is placed like that due to the angle of her head, so I don't think I'll change it.

Oh, I thought it actually looked wrong because of the angle of her head. Her head is a bit tilted, but her ears seem a bit straight, and the left ear looks like it's sitting on her hair.

To me it looks mine is a bit higher than the other, so it works. Yours looks even lower, so it'd be more like... just above where a human ear would be. ._.

Which left? Hers or ours?

Edited by Zanryu

Nothing, because I never intended to keep her until my friend mentioned wanting it. =X

Also, I swear I posted after NTG. The day she posted that, too. D: I read over it after posting it to spell check it again, too! Why are it not thar? ;-;

After my latest post? :o I definitely don't remember seeing a reply after that, besides, the forums 'shut down' after my latest post. Unless you was trying to post in the middle of all that craze...

Well, it was there. Because I had posted it, then went over it again. Then it was gone when I got on again... oh well. D: I dun recall what I said though.

igreneavatariu0.png

I made a boredomcon. =)

Boredomcon = Boredom + Icon btw

• 2 weeks later...

fpshandgunscn2.png

For a game idea I had. May or may not go through with it. That's the standard pistol, a 5mm, 8 round capacity magazine. Has average firing speed, but minimal recoil, so it fires quickly.

If you're wondering why the pistol goes so far back, it's because the back extends beyond the butt of the pistol. Other pistols won't do this, however, so the whole hand will be visible, and possibly some of the butt of the pistol.

I like the shading on the hand.

However I think the hand itself looks a little awkward. Firstly, which "finger" is that to the most far right? Assuming it's the thumb, I think the top left corner should be more of a right angle and less curved.

Also, the right side of the hand looks kind of strange, although I can't really put my finger on it... It might have something to do with the spacing of the knuckle bones. Or maybe my hand just looks a bit different XD

I'm gonna edit the hand, don't worry. I've just never done a hand close up before, so it's basically trial and error until I get it down.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy gawd d00dz.

So, I like metal. Like, a lot. I adore the genre to death. So like... I got bored, and felt like trying something I ain't done for a while, but with new material too. So, I did. Results:

AllThatRemainsFan.png

AsILayDyingFan.png

AvantasiaFan.png

COBHCFan.png

DisturbedFan.png

DragonforceFan.png

DreamtaleFan.png

EdguyFan.png

FirewindFan.png

GalneryusFan.png

MORE IN NEXT POST.

TestamentFan.png

WintersunFan.png

Whew... damn image limit. D:

Yeah... XD Feel free to use any of 'em, I dun mind. Hell, if you use them, I'll feel good because that means I did something RIGHT. ='D

Oh, I also got a request for two at a forum I co-admin. Yep.

lpfanforlarryiz7.png

badcompanyfanforlarryxy5.png

Give me an album art and I'll get on it. My friend's using me as his user bar whore right now, so why not?

EDIT: Looks like you'll be waitin' two weeks, sorry. Goina Florida. =/

Edited by Zanryu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Again, a no sprite update. =X

Made a new sig, but I have four versions. Two versions have the lighting when I finished it, two versions have the lighting that I altered afterwards as an afterthought, which is about a third or so being a bit darker than the rest. And each set of lighting versions has a version with and without scanlines. So yeah, here. =X

Standard Lighting:

hatsunesigstandardlightou0.png

Standard Lighting W/ Scanlines:

hatsunesigstandardlightxt6.png

Altered Lighting:

hatsunesigalteredlightikv3.png

Altered Lighting W/ Scanlines:

hatsunesigalteredlighticf2.png

So... enjoy? XD

Again, screw the sprites. Serene made me wanna play Riviera again but I lost the ROM. So I just did something Riviera related, because Cierra's so awesome. <3

cierrasigvs4.png