Nostradamus

Phoenix Wright

I think Nostradamus made a bunch vague and mystical-sounding predictions and nothing more. If I made some vague statement right now, I'd probably be able to find some event in history that matches up with it.

I think Nostradamus made a bunch vague and mystical-sounding predictions and nothing more. If I made some vague statement right now, I'd probably be able to find some event in history that matches up with it.

History?

He "predicted" the future. Pretty big difference.

History?

He "predicted" the future. Pretty big difference.

the point he was trying to make is that if you are vague enough, you can pretty much predict anything that will happen in the future. many many many things happen in the future, so eventually something has to happen that fits your prediction.

Prophet, or just a really lucky man?

Discuss.

Did you watch that show on the history channel on Monday, because I did, and I almost made a topic just like this.

Anyway, I believe Nostradamus was just a REALLY good fake fortune teller. He was very vague, and no one can understand what he's saying until the event he supposedly predicted came true. So even if his prophecies are real, it doesn't really matter.

And the stuff that all the Nostrodamus people claim he predicted could have meant 100 other things as well. That's what fortune tellers do. They try to be as vague as possible without sounding too vague. Nostrodamus was just really good at that.

Prophet, or just a really lucky man?

Discuss.

Nostradamus was quite vague when it came to predictions. His predictions could be used to fit any event that has already ocurred.

Like when people read his predictions, no one really understood what he was babbling on about. But when a event occured which was related to his prediction then people understood what his predictions had meant.

For example, he referred Hitler as Hispter or something. Why couldn't he say Hitler? Plus from what I remeber, he didn't say much about Hitler.

So no, I think he was a man who got very lucky.

Edited by Dark

Did you watch that show on the history channel on Monday, because I did, and I almost made a topic just like this.

Anyway, I believe Nostradamus was just a REALLY good fake fortune teller. He was very vague, and no one can understand what he's saying until the event he supposedly predicted came true. So even if his prophecies are real, it doesn't really matter.

And the stuff that all the Nostrodamus people claim he predicted could have meant 100 other things as well. That's what fortune tellers do. They try to be as vague as possible without sounding too vague. Nostrodamus was just really good at that.

Lawlz, that is exactly where this topic came from. XD

It sparked interest in me, so I made a topic.

How can people believe him? He said "Hister," he also said a "Great Power in Germany will arise."

Great powers have always risen in Germany, and Hitler wouldn't have gained power if it wasn't for the low economy of the time.

I HAVE SEEN TEH FUTURE!

THERE WILL BE AN EARTHQUAKE IN SAN FRANCISCO~!!!!!!!

My predictions are infallible!!!!

I...can see your future.

You will rise into power, almost as if a Queen. Wait that's already happened. XD

You will....become a Royal very soon.

Great powers have always risen in Germany, and Hitler wouldn't have gained power if it wasn't for the low economy of the time.

Who's going to be our Hitler?

Rosie?

The women from "The View"?

Donald Trump?

Paris Hilton?

Carlos Mencia?

Colbert?

Woodstock?

Bush?

Palin?

McCain?

My dad?

Or can we just expect an all out dark alliance that will destroy the entire western hemisphere?

Grab the azns and get out while you can! We're running out of time!

On topic though, having spiritual advice might make someone a prophet but not neccessarily a real one aka false prophets and people getting help from "demon" spirits they're oblivious to. Oddly I think it's funny that some people believe in God and angels but like to ignore the whole devil and demon thing.

"No way! Satan ain't controllin my life! No way, no how, patna!"