How do level ups affect the state of the RNG?

If I load a save state before combat begins in which a unit will level up, the combat is always the same (as it should be), but the results after the level up are definitely inconsistent. But is it an unpredictable change in the RNG, like if you reset the game, or is it something more predictable than that (e.g it burns the next x, y, or z numbers)? 

Checking the wager at the arena is an interesting one too, it definitely advances the RNG is some sort of way, if I load a save state and check the wager it's always the same, but the one after that (without saving or loading state) will be one of two or three possibilities in my testing. Level ups SEEM to be that way, where you take one of a few branching paths but it's really hard to be sure. 

Edited by ConfidenceKBM

If it works the same as the other DS game, Shadow Dragons it just burns 8 RNs when people levelup. From what I can gather it works very similarly, with a few minor differences here and there. The background information section of this thread talks a fair bit about how the Shadow Dragon RNs work

If you are interested in exploring the RNG in more detail, and know how LUA scripting works, this thread might give you a bit more insight...

Sorry I didn't have a more specific answer to your questions, but these threads seemed the most relevant.

These are both great resources, thank you very much!

On 8/22/2022 at 9:34 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

If it works the same as the other DS game, Shadow Dragons it just burns 8 RNs when people levelup. From what I can gather it works very similarly, with a few minor differences here and there. The background information section of this thread talks a fair bit about how the Shadow Dragon RNs work

If you are interested in exploring the RNG in more detail, and know how LUA scripting works, this thread might give you a bit more insight...

Sorry I didn't have a more specific answer to your questions, but these threads seemed the most relevant.