After 406 hrs I'm moving on to my second route -AMA-

Any tricky levels, paralogues or otherwise, on Scarlet Blaze?

Anyways, have fun!

Also, is the 406 hours thing serious??? Because holy shit, that is a ton of time to spend on one route.

Edited by Shadow Mir

How do I complete my first route faster than 406 hours? xD
----
In your opinion what is most important stat?
----
In your opinion what is most important attribute for arts? Utility? (Eg Cannot be guarded, guard break) Animation? Type Coverage? Damage?

Edited by IonicAmalgam

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Any tricky levels, paralogues or otherwise, on Scarlet Blaze?

Anyways, have fun!

Also, is the 406 hours thing serious??? Because holy shit, that is a ton of time to spend on one route.

Paralogues are generally only difficult if you haven't trained the units needed for deployment, otherwise they are rather simple. Only one that stands out is the Edelgard/Lysithea/Hapi paralogue.

Chapter 5 due to Fog.

Chapter 7 if you want to recruit everyone available. It forces a unit into your roster.

Chapter 9 takes away two potentially powerful units and is overall difficult when going in blind.

Chapter 10 is overall a tricky chapter for many reasons (recommend making sure you are prepared, and a save file if you are a completionist.)

Chapter 14 is difficult, a lot going on.

The last chapter is difficult as well.

And yeah, 406 if the time on the save file is to be believed.

Edited by Archeleon

1 hour ago, IonicAmalgam said:

How do I complete my first route faster than 406 hours? xD
----
In your opinion what is most important stat?
----
In your opinion what is most important attribute for arts? Utility? (Eg Cannot be guarded, guard break) Animation? Type Coverage? Damage?

Focus on 4-8 units to train and make sure they give you good weapon coverage. That'll get you through a route quick enough. 

Most important stat will depend on the unit's abilities but in general I would rate them as follows:

Str/Mag > Def/Res/Dex/Spd > Lck/Cha

CA/Spell attributes also depend on the unit, some only need them to set-up their damage (Petra), some rely on their damage a lot (Hubert), some want to spam them (Bernadetta). In general I think animation is very important. I would steer people away from the ones that make your character dart around (Assassination), or single-hit attacks as they tend to be guarded a lot. Type coverage isn't a huge priority as if you are using the right unit for the job they tend to be unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I want to know just what you were doing that could possibly last for 406 hours. My first run was also Scarlet Blaze, took about 50 hours, and I felt like I pretty much did everything.

I front-loaded a lot of my testing into Scarlet Blaze so, admittedly a good 250+ hours could have gone elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I assume sitting at Record Keeper leveling people, possibly in a stat bonus month.

At 98 hours myself and a good 45 hours is this, only leveled up everyone to level 40 though (from level 1)
----
Any classes worth splashing training into for skills for most characters?

Edited by IonicAmalgam

29 minutes ago, IonicAmalgam said:

At 98 hours myself and a good 45 hours is this, only leveled up everyone to level 40 though (from level 1)
----

Since the classes in this game don't have 100% static ability sets it can be difficult to give general advice that will work for everyone. I will avoid Class/Weapon specific stuff, abilities that are heavily reliant on a stat, and abilities that excel in specific builds, so be aware that there are some abilities not listed here that are very powerful for those builds. Unless stated otherwise these skills are only learned 50% of the time, but here are some pointers:

Brigand - Wild Abandon: Wild Abandon is generally more useful than not, though you have to be more careful with your playstyle.

Brawler - Underdog: Underdog is good in Maddening.

Mage- Lifeforce: Nowadays I'm not as fond of this but it can be good on units that rely on CA/Spells as long as you have a way to recover. Can also be a safe way to enter into Defiant threshold. I am not a fan of Defiant skills and wouldn't recommend them.

Wyvern Rider - Offensive Tactics: Safe, easy way to get a damage boost.

Mortal Savant - Dual Onslaught: If the unit learns it, you probably want it.

Dark Bishop - Impossible Feat/Absorb Str/Absorb Mag: Large damage boosts.

Also be on the lookout for Boost Critical, Apex Weapon* and Weaponbreaker skills. The class each unit learns these from varies, but it is generally their preferred class. *If they ever Apex abilities they will be important.

----

That's kinda where I'm at. Chapter 12 of 3rd playthrough (GW), maddening farming during a Dexterity bonus month. Leveling characters with gold in ideal classes, mastering the female exclusive classes with Shez and Arval. Waiting to see what happens with dlc before finishing up the route and doing proper maddening story runs. 

----

Personally, I would recommend getting Death Blow (Brigand) and Armsthrift (Archer) on whoever gets them. That's all that comes to mind off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean there has to be some scale of power. There are best classes by definition. 

Aside from Asura, probably DK, IMO. Though HK is best for a few. 

I genuinely do think they all have power niches that synergize well with the right units and builds, but if you were to twist my arm:

S - Trickster, Dark Knight

A - Dancer, Holy Knight, Falcon Knight, Bow Knight, War Master

B - Mortal Savant, Great Knight, Gremory, Dark Bishop

C - Wyvern Lord

5 minutes ago, Archeleon said:

I genuinely do think they all have power niches that synergize well with the right units and builds, but if you were to twist my arm:

S - Trickster, Dark Knight

A - Dancer, Holy Knight, Falcon Knight, Bow Knight, War Master

B - Mortal Savant, Great Knight, Gremory, Dark Bishop

C - Wyvern Lord

I agree that they all do have their own niches and characters.

My leaning is (just based on the movesets):

S - Asura, Dark Knight, Holy Knight, Trickster

A - Mortal Savant, Bow Knight, War Master, Enlightened One, Dancer

B - Great Knight, Wyvern Lord, Dark Bishop

C - Gremory

Though the brokeness of certain CAs and spells makes the movesets matter less at a certain point. Gremory and Dark Bishop are hard carried by spells like Dark Spikes, Hades, Excalibur, Agnea's Arrow, etc. Great Knight and Wyvern Lord are hard carried by War Strike.

21 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Though the brokeness of certain CAs and spells makes the movesets matter less at a certain point

True, but you're going to run out of weapon durability, eventually. At least Dark Knight gets an free stun in their combo chain so that I can nuke people with Dark Spikes. I haven't really tried out all of the spells, yet; but the only that I genuinely hate is using Hades because it isn't great for fighting against anything that's mobile.

Edited by Armchair General

22 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

True, but you're going to run out of weapon durability, eventually. At least Dark Knight gets an free stun in their combo chain so that I can nuke people with Dark Spikes. I haven't really tried out all of the spells, yet; but the only that I genuinely hate is using Hades because it isn't great for fighting against anything that's mobile.

No arguments here. I like movesets. I play the Warriors game like a Warriors game, have more fun doing it, and still achieve my S ranks just fine.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, Archeleon said:

Chapter 7 if you want to recruit everyone available. It forces a unit into your roster.

Are there any other instances where I must deploy a specific unit to recruit someone else?

On 9/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, Archeleon said:

Chapter 10 is overall a tricky chapter for many reasons (recommend making sure you are prepared, and a save file if you are a completionist.)

This is where I'm gonna get this:

Your actions in this battle will greatly impact the outcome of the story.

Am I right?

20 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Are there any other instances where I must deploy a specific unit to recruit someone else?

Am I right?

Yes, there are a couple of instances in which you will have to deploy a specific unit in order to recruit someone.

And yes, the chapter you get that warning on.

On 9/5/2022 at 6:56 AM, Shadow Mir said:

For Azure Gleam, the only requirement that I had was deploying Mercedes to recruit you-know-who.

On 9/5/2022 at 6:56 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Am I right?

When I first saw that warning, it had me wheezing. Along with the distant "consequences" of ignoring it. On an unrelated note, it's also possible to spare Caspar in that level.

Edited by Armchair General

4 hours ago, Armchair General said:

For Azure Gleam, the only requirement that I had was deploying Mercedes to recruit you-know-who.

When I first saw that warning, it had me wheezing. Along with the distant "consequences" of ignoring it. On an unrelated note, it's also possible to spare Caspar in that level.

SB - Ignatz required for Raphael. You know who required for Mercedes. And I think Leonie requires Jeralt to at least be recruited, if not deployed.