Anime and Manga section?

TLSothe

Anime and manga, unlike Fire Emblem or other games, has no interaction from the participant. It just happens. There's a lot less room for opinions which severely limits the scope of conversations. I still think this doesn't need its own forum.

Anime and manga, unlike Fire Emblem or other games, has no interaction from the participant. It just happens. There's a lot less room for opinions which severely limits the scope of conversations. I still think this doesn't need its own forum.

Anime and Manga are just like any other text and totally depend on the reader to give them meaning. With that sort of logic you basically just dismissed every sort of artistic analysis as inconsequential.

Edited by Commissar Gaunt

I remember this was asked a long time ago. The Entertainment subforum was created because we initially wanted an Anime/Manga section, many months ago.

Anime and Manga are just like any other text and totally depend on the reader to give them meaning. With that sort of logic you basically just dismissed every sort of artistic analysis as inconsequential.

Analysis only goes so far; a series should bring its followers to the same conclusion. If this were an anime website, I would support it, but it's not.

Well there has been lots of anime related topics. I guess theres a good idea, I see no real reason why there shouldn't be.

Knife had a good reason.

This sounds very familiar. Knife pretty much hit the nail on the head though, and that's saying a lot, you try hitting a nail on the head with a knife.

I've tried it.

its sorta pointless since there's already a topic about it where everyone can see it, seeing it as the topic is pinned.

I think, as stated before, that its not necessary. There's already an entertainment forum, no need to make ANOTHER forum that will basically serve the same purpose. If we were getting 5 or 10 new topics about anime/manga a day I'd probably say otherwise, but right now the current volume does not warrant a new forum.

It would also mean more pointless work for moderators who would have to split the anime and manga topics from the rest of the entertainment...

Analysis only goes so far; a series should bring its followers to the same conclusion. If this were an anime website, I would support it, but it's not.

Not really. Have you ever analyzed a book? There's always more than one way to look at every scenario or character.

Edited by Eltoshen